Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yeah GOT was poor compared to HOD. Look at the difference in splendor of the tournaments and hunting party between the two.

If you think about it, GOT was 20 years after a major civil war and multiple Targaryen civil wars. How long did it take for various European countries to rebound from WWII? So I'm writing some things off as we're seeing a time before things were destroyed in major conflicts.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Tywin told Tyrion to get a noble woman,
but fukked whores BEHIND closed doors, SO?!?!
Since when is GoT a race for who has the least hypocrisy points lmao.

Jamy and Cersei were fukkin BEHIND closed doors.
He told them to marry nobles for THE PUBLIC to protect the BRAND Lannister.

Be dense and miss the point brehs, lmao

Tywin went hard on Tyrion for fukking whores, but did the same shyt, with literally the same whore.

The whole realm except tywin knew his kids were fukking. :unimpressed: I guess incest protects the Lannister name.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Tywin told Tyrion to get a noble woman,
but fukked whores BEHIND closed doors, SO?!?!
Since when is GoT a race for who has the least hypocrisy points lmao.

Jamy and Cersei were fukkin BEHIND closed doors.
He told them to marry nobles for THE PUBLIC to protect the BRAND Lannister.

Be dense and miss the point brehs, lmao

Man Cersei was talking a whole lot of shyt before Tywin was like, "Hold up lil bytch. I got something for you too :sas1: ." :russ:

And when you think about it, had Cersei just sucked up her hurt after Robert called out a dead woman's name :mjlol: , given Robert two male heirs, she probably could have done whatever she wanted, and the events of GOT wouldn't have played out. Ned never would have went to King's Landing because John Arryn wouldn't have had anything to worry about, that caused his death. All of the Starks would be alive. Theon would probably still be alive. Everything with Jon would still happen because he still goes to the wall, and Benjen goes missing. Stannis and Renley would probably still be alive.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i mean it is what it is, but your take is clearly of a person who read the books, as a show watcher, accustomed to the detail we got in the OG series until DD hit >> 32x mode, this shyt doesn't hit right. i think it's why yall trying to shyt on those of us who have the view the episode needed more. no way would someone like ned marry arya's BFF and we not see an episode exploring the marriage, the shift in the friendship, the birth of a new heir and get some detail of benjen waging war in the stepstones beyond the wall

ionno, episode was super meh...one episode does not a series make, but i'll happily be the odd woman out and be very content in not seeing the greatness of this episode everyone else supposedly did. :yeshrug:
I haven’t read these books but all that shyt can be surmised via context.

Alicient clearly cares for the King. This is evident in the scene where her dad asks her to push for naming their son the heir and she hesitates cause she sees where he is emotionally. You can argue she’s just being cunning but it shows she’s not heartless.

The King obviously appreciates her companionship, I don’t think it’s outright love as he scolds his daughter about duty and is still very fond of his late wife.

Alicient also still cares for her friend and understands the tough situation they’re in. She’s Queen and doesn’t flex her power with the princess. Instead she keeps talking about how bad her father wants her around and how he “commands” it.

It’s also obvious how Rhaenyra feels about her brother. None of this shyt needs to be spelled out. And Game of Thrones didn’t go into all the detail y’all swear they did either.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
you're in the minority with this take. the only markdown was the bad CGI, everything else about the episode was excellent
What bad CGI are people talking about??

:heh:

This is always a huge talking point in The Film Room

I don’t know what the hell ya’ll talkin bout

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s also obvious how Rhaenyra feels about her brother. None of this shyt needs to be spelled out. And Game of Thrones didn’t go into all the detail y’all swear they did either.
yes they did, it's the reason some weirdos called the show boring and D&D over compensated with action in the last 2 seasons...my nikka, we spent every episode with longs walks in the garden and other scenes just for dialogue to play out and character development to build. lol @ let's just surmise, well duh, but at the same time we surmised margery and olenna were cunning and yet they still gave us scenes where we saw them plotting by getting info from sansa, margery strolling through flea bottom and playing savage with joffreys cross bow, that's the type of detail i enjoyed. not season 7/8 "it's implied". HOD literally could've built in one episode between the last and this and it would've paced a lot better

:camby:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
yes they did, it's the reason some weirdos called the show boring and D&D over compensated with action in the last 2 seasons...my nikka, we spent every episode with longs walks in the garden and other scenes just for dialogue to play out and character development to build. lol @ let's just surmise, well duh, but at the same time we surmised margery and olenna were cunning and yet they still gave us scenes where we saw them plotting by getting info from sansa, margery strolling through flea bottom and playing savage with joffreys cross bow, that's the type of detail i enjoyed. not season 7/8 "it's implied". HOD literally could've built in one episode between the last and this and it would've paced a lot better

:camby:
Pacing :russ:

I never in my life talked about the pacing of a show I was watching

You muthafukkers are really on some Siskel and Ebert shyt in here

Pacing :mjlol:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Tywin went hard on Tyrion for fukking whores, but did the same shyt, with literally the same whore.

The whole realm except tywin knew his kids were fukking. :unimpressed: I guess incest protects the Lannister name.
Tywin’s hypocrisy by fukkin whores is who you choose to focus on like it means sumn.
You’re out here reppin #TargSet
when Targaryans are known for insanity in their family because of INBREEDING.
FancyCheapConey-size_restricted.gif

Targset black.
No he didn't. Tywin was a hypocrite who fukked whores and had no idea his son and daughter were fukking, even though it was right in his face.
Mr Morale here is willing to overlook INBREEDING just because they’re BLACK.
But fukkin whores is when he’s triggered, how dare Tywin huh :sas1:
Miss me with the fake outrage Mr Morale.
I’m DONE here :sas2:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Tywin’s hypocrisy by fukkin whores is who you choose to focus on like it means sumn.
You’re out here reppin #TargSet
when Targaryans are known for insanity in their family because of INBREEDING.

Mr Morale here is willing to overlook INBREEDING just because they’re BLACK. But fukkin whores is when ur triggered:sas1:
Miss me with the fake outrage Mr Morale.
I’m DONE here :sas2:
The whores shyt is to show that he really doesn't know who he is.

Nobody cares about Targaryens fukking each other. :comeon:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Tywin knew, he just didn’t acknowledge it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Pacing :russ:

I never in my life talked about the pacing of a show I was watching

You muthafukkers are really on some Siskel and Ebert shyt in here

Pacing :mjlol:
ok, good for you :huh:...welcome to the film room where certain shows dictate different viewing lenses :rudy:

but i'm sure you have the same expectations across shyt like power and GOT :camby: