Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
still no timestamp for when team corlys clearly said the crab ppl had enough food to chill in there forever

:devil:

:mjgrin:
they were hiding in the caves even when daemon wasnt flying caraxes overhead. they only came out when they thought they could get daemon
caraxes wasnt the only dragon they had. they also had sea smoke. they could maintain air superiority indefinitely so when did crabfeeders people get the time to burn corlys ships if theyre always in the caves on that one island scared to come out?

they clearly didnt need to be flying for 12 hour shifts because crabfeeder was shook regardless of whether he could see the dragons in the air or not. like i said, they were already all hiding at the time when daemon landed on the island alone. no dragons were nearby that they could see.

what did i make up? your scenario was that corlys ships were getting burned by the arrows from crabfeeder's men whenever they got too close. that was your explanation for why corlys was losing the war despite having overwhelming air superiority to the point that crabfeeder is too shook to even go outside

:evil:
[/​

im not you

All Star
Daps
so we've established that you were making shyt up and you dont really watch the show like that. its alright you got caught up talking out your ass and its hard to admit youre wrong

lets move on to this other bs youre talking

what i have been saying all along is that the situation is not realistic and makes no sense. laenor describing the unrealistic situation doesnt change the fact that its unrealistic and makes no sense. u following? i can break it down more, i dont mind since you seem a lil slow

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
read the rest of that post. you taking what i said out of context. the situation with the stepstones war they have described makes no sense, like i been saying all along. what they have described seems more in line with a stalemate than a situation where corlys would be losing.
Losing in this scenario means they're on pace to using more resources and men than they can spare. The war is about clearing the shipping lanes so they can continue their trade routes, so losing just means they've been unable to do that. Plus fukking up their trade is hitting their wallets on top of having to expend resources.

They showed in the beginning of the episode how they've managed to not be completely wiped out. Daemon popped up with his dragon and killed everyone out in the open, the rest retreated into the caves, and they still had archers launching arrows non stop to keep the area unsafe for any ground force to move in afterwards. The soldiers they were able to kill were being replaced by sellswords, as the triarchy has vast resources due to controlling the trade routes. The ships Corlys had been trying to bring through were getting hit with some kind of projectiles launched from the caves as well, which means even when they were hiding they could disrupt trade. On top of that Corlys brother said it would take weeks to bring more ships from Driftmark, so they also have resupply issues, and they are losing ships. The Stepstones is just an area covered in tiny islands, so there's multiple places they could set up an ambush, plus Laenor mentioned that the crabfeeder set up a choke point, meaning they had a somehow forced them into one area for constant ambush. This means that the crabfeeder had a tactical advantage with the layout of the islands and their guerilla style warfare, and ground and sea superiority. Daemon and co. only had air. Plus the dragons can't just hang out in the Stepstones, they need to bring them back to Dragonstone/Driftmark every now and then to feed and be cared for and so they can't just wait them out all the time.

I feel like with all that things were laid out pretty well for why they weren't able to beat them in 2 years. :yeshrug:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
so we've established that you were making shyt up and you dont really watch the show like that. its alright you got caught up talking out your ass and its hard to admit youre wrong

lets move on to this other bs youre talking

what i have been saying all along is that the situation is not realistic and makes no sense. laenor describing the unrealistic situation doesnt change the fact that its unrealistic and makes no sense. u following? i can break it down more, i dont mind since you seem a lil slow

:mjgrin:
HE TOLD ME THEY WERE HIDING
IN THE CAVES THE WHOLE TIME...

PLEASE EXPLAIN THESE ARROWS, SHIPS AND DRAGON.

20220905-232608.gif

:evil:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
we gotta get to the meat of this conflict breh. i'm not gonna spoil anything but we're not exactly at the part where they gotta dwell on shyt.
i mean it is what it is, but your take is clearly of a person who read the books, as a show watcher, accustomed to the detail we got in the OG series until DD hit >> 32x mode, this shyt doesn't hit right. i think it's why yall trying to shyt on those of us who have the view the episode needed more. no way would someone like ned marry arya's BFF and we not see an episode exploring the marriage, the shift in the friendship, the birth of a new heir and get some detail of benjen waging war in the stepstones beyond the wall

ionno, episode was super meh...one episode does not a series make, but i'll happily be the odd woman out and be very content in not seeing the greatness of this episode everyone else supposedly did. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Watching him run thru those guys on the Stepstones on that one-man mission was like seeing Jon Snow at the BotB

Props to Daemon for going solo dolo - breh was nice with the sword.

:patrice:i got Season 6-8 plot armor vibes. Battle of the b*stards was dope on first viewing but it really was the beginning of the end, a sign of things to come in later seasons of GoT.

What's dope about GoT in the books and the earlier seasons was the realism and main character's will die if they do something dumb, ex Ned Stark, Robert Stark. What Daemon did was dumb and he survived somehow

Daps
They made it a big point to state that these folks forgot how to fight at the start of the series.

Its not too much of a stretch either - they didn't have any kind of support fighting against people that could kneecap their supplies at every turn. Dragons are gamechangers but they're not win-buttons.

Crabset going full Afghanistan works :manny:

Yep. It's like saying America didn't win the war in Afghanistan even tho we're a superior force and we even have nukes. Sometimes it be like that depending on the terrain and the situation. And it's funny because coincidentally one of the major reasons an invading force has been unable to truly defeat Afghanistan is because of their caves and terrain.

Daps
they clearly didnt need to be flying for 12 hour shifts because crabfeeder was shook regardless of whether he could see the dragons in the air or not. like i said, they were already all hiding at the time when daemon landed on the island alone. no dragons were nearby that they could see.

youre saying for 3 years corlys was sailing his ships to the shore to try to land soldiers and his ships were getting burned by the flaming arrows

and he just kept carrying on like this making no adjustments, to the point where theyre dangerously close to straight up losing the war? :skip:

They were in the caves that day cause Daemon was literally flying his dragon around over there in the first part of that scene.:pachaha:

He had already been over there flying around, and then he came back to his camp where he received (and beat the hell out of) Viserys messenger. Then he got on his boat and went back. That was within the space of a couple hours or less.

So that's an explanation for why they were already hiding in the caves when he came back.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yep. It's like saying America didn't win the war in Afghanistan even tho we're a superior force and we even have nukes. Sometimes it be like that depending on the terrain and the situation. And it's funny because coincidentally one of the major reasons an invading force has been unable to truly defeat Afghanistan is because of their caves and terrain.
Take it a step further and compare it to the island fighting between the US and Japan :francis:

Daps
im not watching for forrest animal cgi im watching for the dialogue/politics

and that shyt was on point this ep

This. Tbh, I don't expect the cgi to be perfect and on point for the first season of a property that was probably seen as "risky" by the suits until the first episode dropped cause the fans were so angry about the last show. But moving fwd, they're gonna have an unlimited budget and I expect things to improve.

Daps
Props to Daemon for going solo dolo - breh was nice with the sword. Might have to slot him into the swordsman ranking system we had going in the GoT thread, but Laenor/Sea Smoke came through in the clutch with the Ray Allen 3 :whew:

Crabfeeder getting that Black Fish send off though :pachaha: (:mjcry:) Would have been nice to see Deamon swipe him in half, clean.

The Black Fish. The only Tully worth a damn. :mjcry:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Such a weird question: "that thing you did to win? Why didn't you do that first?" We could ask that for every war in history.

Maybe they just formulated the new plan? Maybe they thought it was too risky in the beginning but got desperate in the end? Maybe it was one of many plans and people were disagreeing until now (they alluded to as much in the episode)? Maybe Daemon needed that extra boost of possibly losing face to his brother for it to actually work?

Y'all coli nikkas swear everytime you don't understand something it's immediately bAd WrItInG.

Wait until somebody tells him about the hundred years war :mjlol:

Cacs fought so long they passed the beef down to their great grandkids