Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this was by far the weakest episode IMO, it suffered a lot from the time jump and bad CGI
like i said in my first post on this episode, this shyt came down to hitting plot points for the sake of moving along, the dialogue, politics and character development got bushed in a two year time jump. i don't know the story so maybe it's not worth exploring these years in depth and it'll pay off in later events, but i expect more measured pacing and detail from the GOT universe :ld:
i mean it is what it is, but your take is clearly of a person who read the books, as a show watcher, accustomed to the detail we got in the OG series until DD hit >> 32x mode, this shyt doesn't hit right. i think it's why yall trying to shyt on those of us who have the view the episode needed more. no way would someone like ned marry arya's BFF and we not see an episode exploring the marriage, the shift in the friendship, the birth of a new heir and get some detail of benjen waging war in the stepstones beyond the wall

ionno, episode was super meh...one episode does not a series make, but i'll happily be the odd woman out and be very content in not seeing the greatness of this episode everyone else supposedly did. :yeshrug:

this…it was less noticeable in the last episode where we experienced a time jump but what we see from the characters still feels like the next day…it was more egregious this ep and it just didn’t work as well imo…I understand why it was done so I don’t need it to be fake-splained by book readers…I just don’t think it was executed well…decent episode tho but I agree it was the least enjoyable one so far which isn’t entirely a knock since the other two eps were pretty damn good…hopefully everything smoothes out once the exposition is complete and we get that main time jump where we’re introduced to the older rhae

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
10/10 so far, haven't missed a step.

I do wonder if HBO underestimated how quickly people would flock back to the franchise, and how popular young Rhaenyra would be. I feel like if they saw this coming they might have taken a CROWN-like approach and just fulfilled a full season with her, before switching to the older version.

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
i mean it is what it is, but your take is clearly of a person who read the books, as a show watcher, accustomed to the detail we got in the OG series until DD hit >> 32x mode, this shyt doesn't hit right. i think it's why yall trying to shyt on those of us who have the view the episode needed more. no way would someone like ned marry arya's BFF and we not see an episode exploring the marriage, the shift in the friendship, the birth of a new heir and get some detail of benjen waging war in the stepstones beyond the wall

ionno, episode was super meh...one episode does not a series make, but i'll happily be the odd woman out and be very content in not seeing the greatness of this episode everyone else supposedly did. :yeshrug:

If you don't say every episode is the beat thing to ever air on TV these weirdly attached weirdos gon come for you and say that you're wrong and don't understand the show when in reality this shyt is 200 times more dumbed down than OG and not as good but they can't admit it cause they don't wanna feel let down again :mjlol:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one who thought this guy:

3yqkbu19c3m91.jpg

was this guy:

images

and he messed up his foot in the 3 years since we saw him last?

I was like,

:wtf:
“How did he fix his foot so quickly to take her in the forest?”

Breh are you tweaking :heh:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If you don't say every episode is the beat thing to ever air on TV these weirdly attached weirdos gon come for you and say that you're wrong and don't understand the show when in reality this shyt is 200 times more dumbed down than OG and not as good but they can't admit it cause they don't wanna feel let down again :mjlol:
Fb54njKWYAMqXhn

Xavier

Iconic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where Kings Will Dream
Props to Daemon for going solo dolo - breh was nice with the sword. Might have to slot him into the swordsman ranking system we had going in the GoT thread

i got Season 6-8 plot armor vibes.

It’s not plot armour. In this current era the show is based on Daemon, Criston Cole and Cregan Stark are the top 3 fighters in the entire realm.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
:whew: a nikka forgot how cold blooded Tywin was. Yeah I jumped the shark a bit with that comparison. I was meaning moreso in terms of how manipulative Otto is. :hubie:
I agree, Tywin was on a whole other level of ruthlessness.
That whole generation was cold blooded af. Tywin, Lady Olenna, Lord Tarley.

They didn’t give two shyts what their children wanted. It was about legacy. Harder times.

This King is like a boomer parent. All about the kid’s feelings. 100 years of peace made them soft.
All good brehs, I’m calling it how I see it :salute:

Tywin Lannister was litteraly a GOAT tier leader.
The only big mistake he made, was not seeing Tyrion as his true heir. I hated them Lannisters, but they could’ve had an insane dynasty lmao

Tywin knew EXACTLY who he was and with the exception of Tywin, he knew exactly who his children were.

Tywin flooded the show with quotables.
“I don’t distrust you because you’re a woman,
I distrust you because you’re not as smart as you THINK you are”

at Cersei :whew:

“Explain to me why it’s more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle, than a dozen at dinner” :wow:

“Do you REALLY think the crown gives you power”
*proceeds to send KING Joffrey, to his room*

You could put his quotables on beats and drop a 5 Mic album lmao

Lady Olenna Tyrell was another GOAT tier leader.

"Cersei stole the future from me. She killed my son.
She killed my grandson. She killed my granddaughter.
Survival is not what I'm after now."

*proceeds to kill king Joffrey in PLAIN SIGHT
without ANYONE knowing*

And when it was time for her to die.
Olenna tells Jaimy to his face “Joffrey was a c*nt”
and that she killed his child
“Tell Cersei, I want her to know it was ME”
and dies on her OWN terms by commiting that :ohlawd:

Bless her heart, Lady Olenna kept it solid till the end :to:

Tywin and Olenna were MILES ahead of the others in terms of leadership. True OG’s

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They didn't use nuclear weapons during the Afghanistan War and neither have Russia against Ukraine :mjlol:

That is what these dragons are the equivalent of.

We literally saw 1 dragon on it's own burn down an entire City and that's City's military in under a day in another version of the SAME SERIES :mjlol:

But now you're trying to tell me another military with not 1 but 2 dragons couldn't win a war for 3 years against an enemy confined to the caves of a SINGULAR island? :mjtf:
Dragons aren’t nukes, you can’t stop a Nuke, you can only incentivize your enemy not to use them by having your own. Dragons are more like tanks, except only one side has them.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Episode was mid. And if that is all they had to do to win the war on I'm not sure why it lasted 3 years.
ALL THEY HAD TO DO?? :childplease:

breh they had to literally sacrifice someone...no army leader would consider that..let alone find someone crazy enough to go along with it..which is why they waited that long.

Also crabgang kept getting more sellswords and help..and clearly found out a strategy.

Originally the plan looked like to burn them out but crabgang kept getting more sellsswords to fill the caves that it became a battle of attrition.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
No he didn't. Tywin was a hypocrite who fukked whores and had no idea his son and daughter were fukking, even though it was right in his face.
Tywin told Tyrion to get a noble woman,
but fukked whores BEHIND closed doors, SO?!?!
Since when is GoT a race for who has the least hypocrisy points lmao.

Jamy and Cersei were fukkin BEHIND closed doors.
He told them to marry nobles for THE PUBLIC to protect the BRAND Lannister.

Be dense and miss the point brehs, lmao