Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

YOU MEAN HE WANTS HIS DAUGHTER
TO BE QUEEN SO HIS GRAND SON
WOULD BE NEXT IN LINE FOR THE THRONE.

HIS DAUGHTER WASNT GONNA
RULE ANYTHING AND IF THE KING DIED.
THE THRONE WOULD STILL GO TO HIS HEIR....

HIS WIFE WAS IN THE RUNNING TO BE A HEIR/RULER NOT A KINGS WIFE.

THERES A DIFFERENCE.
:devil:
:evil:

That too. Viserys should’ve said that back to him. Like breh you already family. You just want your kids to rule.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Otto is basically what Littlefinger always dreamed of becoming. The snakes they are. Schemers.

He could’ve got it too (to some degree) if he wasn’t so duplicitous. Always overreaching and overplaying his hand. Plus Littlefinger weirdo ass never got married. IIRC, that cac got Harrenhal which is a massive castle, eventhough it’s somewhat in ruin. He could’ve easily married a broad, built his shyt up and maybe his grandsons and great-grandchildren could’ve been something.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
He could’ve got it too (to some degree) if he wasn’t so duplicitous. Always overreaching and overplaying his hand. Plus Littlefinger weirdo ass never got married. IIRC, that cac got Harrenhal which is a massive castle, eventhough it’s somewhat in ruin. He could’ve easily married a broad, built his shyt up and maybe his grandsons and great-grandchildren could’ve been something.
With Harrenhal though many believe it's cursed because pretty much everyone who has received it/made lord over it their families tend to die out within like 2 generations. Usually under strange and horrific circumstances too. Something like 5+ families have received Harrenhal and they are all extinct now.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
For all his talk about thinking ahead at every move possible, he was never thinking about his lineage. He ultimately wanted the throne, he wasn't giving a thought about the potential future of his house.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
How much of this is based on books? What I mean is.... The 5 GOT books are based in present Westeros and everything is told through flashbacks.

Is this the same? We are getting the full story behind the flashbacks? Or is there an actual full book about this section of time?

I ask this because I'm wondering how much of this is pure book story, and how much is filled in by HBO. Are all these characters and stories true to book or is the overall story matching and they are just winging the in between parts........?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Idk bro it just feels like a suicide mission for those pirates. I mean the money backing the pirates at some point have to think the more damage we do eventually they say enough is enough and bring the Dragons out right? And then what?
Google 9/11... Some people don't give a fukk.. Bring your weapons. As long as we show the world we can make you bleed, someone else will take care of the heavy lifting

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
there's no way LotR doubled House of the Dragon's viewership

are nikkas really watching amazon prime like that?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
just seems like he genuinely likes her even tho it didn’t make sense politically…he was overly impressed with her getting that little dragon shyt fixed and he seemed to enjoy the time they spent with each other…also in the same ep, he says he doesn’t think corlys would overreact to him spurning his daughter by withholding his fleet if they ever needed his help…so he thinks corlys will be mad but he’ll get over it…it’s messed up tho he didn’t factor his daughter’s reaction but parents can be selfish like that sometimes
What is the rule on the behind the scenes part of the episode.. It's technically about the episode that aired..

I ask because they directly answered EXACTLY what that relationship was like for both of them

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
How much of this is based on books? What I mean is.... The 5 GOT books are based in present Westeros and everything is told through flashbacks.

Is this the same? We are getting the full story behind the flashbacks? Or is there an actual full book about this section of time?

I ask this because I'm wondering how much of this is pure book story, and how much is filled in by HBO. Are all these characters and stories true to book or is the overall story matching and they are just winging the in between parts........?
The whole series of events that's about to unfold are in book media already, however in the book the story is told from 3 different points of view. So they got some liberty as what to make canon they are working closely with GRRM. They have about 4 seasons of book material for this time period + more book material if they decide to go forward in time or back to Aegon's Conquest.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
there's no way LotR doubled House of the Dragon's viewership

are nikkas really watching amazon prime like that?

It probably didn't, Amazon refused to clarify what a "view" is. For example, Netflix counted watching 5 mins of a Cobra Kai episode as a view :beli: they're also counting the premiere as two views. HoTD did 10M in a day off of one episode, in the US only.

Highly doubt 20M people watched RoP in the span of 24hrs :duck:

Last edited:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
They been saying they're gonna link corlys and his black brother to the summer islands, but I really think the route they're going is black valyrians just being a thing, and that's been the case for the Velaryons for a minute.

Look at the brehs they casted as Corlys and Vaemond. A lot of youtubers and podcasters are saying shyt like "they probably have a mother from the summer islands", but you and I both know them brothers are way too dark for that to be the case. :martin: