Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Been hearing bad reviews for that shyt
It's not gonna touch this show
Rings of Power has a 38% user review on rt :mjlol:
Most ppl are shytting on that show because they dont want TLOTR franchise ran into the ground and because they have black dwarves and Elves with fades ...
I'ver seen the first two eps... they were ok... style over substance. they dont have me counting the days before the next ep like this show has.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Most ppl are shytting on that show because they dont want TLOTR franchise ran into the ground and because they have black dwarves and Elves with fades ...
I'ver seen the first two eps... they were ok... style over substance. they dont have me counting the days before the next ep like this show has.
Man that’s no excuse. We got the brehlaryon and his lil black babies. Despite that racist cac outrage the reception has been strong and people are fukking with it.

I think the rings of power was just written really sloppily. I liked Rhaenyra ten times more than Galadriel in just her first scene.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Man that’s no excuse. We got the brehlaryon and his lil black babies. Despite that racist cac outrage the reception has been strong and people are fukking with it.

I think the rings of power was just written really sloppily. I liked Rhaenyra ten times more than Galadriel in just her first scene.
Hbo has rly good source material... amazon are just winging it.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
viserys is an idiot :snoop:
I don’t care who yanks him off the throne at this point, just make sure it’s violent. The repercussions of this man’s mistakes:wow:

Imagine you just sailing about, mind your business. Only to be accosted by a dude with terrible eczema who proceeds to nail your ass to some timber and pours flesh-eating crabs all over you.:damn:

I can’t pay taxes if I’m dead your liege:damn:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This... And I've been scared to say anything for fear that I'm right, and then everyone will cry about reading the books...

But pretty much nothing has surprised me yet. Not a single thing. I go back to GOT and think if anything surprised me this early... Yea the Lannisters fukking was episode 1 and there was zero telegraph.
:russ:

The freaking show prefaced that internal problems will end this house. They aren’t trying to surprise you like that.

And you’re acting like you Sherlocked that people in the houses haven’t surprised you.

So far everyone is playing out according to duty as expected. Anyone gets out of line like Daemon they are brought back in. The further we go along is when the surprises happen. When duty isn’t the highest regard. But they have to build up the expectations that stuff will fall back into line.

GOT was a different beast. Like building Legos then ramming them into each other. HOD so far is just a giant jenga tower. How much pressure and from what direction the break happens cause we know it’s going to fall.

NaiSim

HEAR ME ROAR!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nj
Are we allowed to ask for links here? I don't feel like paying HBO any money.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

It's funny. Yesterday my girl was watching GoT and I had forgotten about this scene:

Today, this would be deemed "woke" and "politics." Yet from the very beginning, arguably the two most popular characters in GoT - Dany and Arya - struggled to find their place in a male dominated world, and ultimately gained success despite those things. No one was complaining about that type of shyt 5-10 years ago though. This entire culture war freakout is driven by utterly pathetic white men trying to gatekeep fiction, videogames, movies, etc. Star Wars could come out today and these losers would say the same shyt about Princess Leia.

Flip side are there bad shows that lean into culture war shyt and rely on bad writing to make it work? Sure. I haven't seen Rings Of Power yet. I've read enough LOTR lore to know Galadriel participated in war to some degree, and her mom called her "Man-Maiden" due to her height and strength as a "child." The idea of her wielding a sword isn't controversial.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
It's funny. Yesterday my girl was watching GoT and I had forgotten about this scene:

Today, this would be deemed "woke" and "politics." Yet from the very beginning, arguably the two most popular characters in GoT - Dany and Arya - struggled to find their place in a male dominated world, and ultimately gained success despite those things. No one was complaining about that type of shyt 5-10 years ago though. This entire culture war freakout is driven by utterly pathetic white men trying to gatekeep fiction, videogames, movies, etc. Star Wars could come out today and these losers would say the same shyt about Princess Leia.

Flip side are there bad shows that lean into culture war shyt and rely on bad writing to make it work? Sure. I haven't seen Rings Of Power yet. I've read enough LOTR lore to know Galadriel participated in war to some degree, and her mom called her "Man-Maiden" due to her height and strength as a "child." The idea of her wielding a sword isn't controversial.

it's a damn shame what they did to arya's arc after S4. how do you make becoming an assassin boring?

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
xuPtgoL.png