Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why can't we have nice things :mjcry: I'm not a screenplay aficionado or anything but I can't recall a showrunner hitting the Seinfeld this early and that be a good thing.

He's NOT the writer. But he was the DIRECTOR/visionary to some degree. Ryan Condal is still running the series as the WRITER/SHOWRUNNER. Still strange he would step down. Maybe he doesn't want to live overseas for 10 months a year.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

“Game of Thrones” alum Alan Taylor has now boarded “House of the Dragon” to work as a director and executive producer for the second season. He directed beyond the wall. My guess with discovery on, they have to move some pieces on the board.

daemonova

Daps
He's NOT the writer. But he was the DIRECTOR/visionary to some degree. Ryan Condal is still running the series as the WRITER/SHOWRUNNER. Still strange he would step down. Maybe he doesn't want to live overseas for 10 months a year.
He has new development deal with HBO

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sources say Sapochnik is exiting the show after pouring an exhausting three years of effort into the Game of Thrones prequel.

Sapochnik worked for months helping develop Dragon with his friend Condal before coming on board. Sapochnik had been very reluctant to officially join the project, a stance that perhaps foreshadowed his current exit. “Miguel said, “I’m never doing Thrones again,” Condal recalled.

“I went through a lot of vacillating,” Sapochnik admitted. “Ryan and I had a longstanding relationship and we work well together and we really like each other — that was half the battle. As we got deeper into the discussions, I realized I had to shyt or get off the pot.”

Sapochnik eventually decided to sign on while he was attending — of all things – a Game of Thrones Experience concert in Los Angeles with writer and fellow Thrones veteran Bryan Cogman. “There were 17,000 people going crazy for this show and I didn’t realize how passionate people still were about it,” Saophnchik says. “[My wife] turned to me and said, ‘We’re fukking idiots. How can we not do this?'”

Reading this, this makes sense. He's burnt out, and wants to do other things.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jon kicking in and bagging bad as Dornish women while galavanting through Sunspear and the Stepstones. Dude might not have cared about the throne AT ALL. And then got motivated when Dany popped up like "who is this ho?"

Galavanting? Is that the sort of language you use when you don’t have a cock?

:lolbron: Sry y’all….Dad joke wrote itself.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
That makes no sense. You're supposed to marry the daughter/sister of people you might potentially have beef with, rivals if you will. That ties yall together as kin and makes them less likely to break bad on you if they gotta see you at the family reunion next year.

I probably worded it wrong but that's what I was basically trying to say. The important either keep the Wu Tang money in the family or attach it to other families of similar (or more) importance. I'd say it's more likely they get with people from families they cool with.

Robb getting with ol girl who didn't matter in the politics of that world lead to his death...when you think about it, shyt is kind of similar to that prince with Markle

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just now realized Olivia Cooke is playing older Alicent. Thats terrible casting :mjlol: Olivia looks younger than the actress currently playing her.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
book readers don’t seem to understand (or care) that they have a definitive view of the characters/their motivations and shouldn’t answer certain questions smh…there’s not gonna be any way to thoroughly gauge and curtail spoilers in here…to be fair some of this is invited by the questions being asked…I was guilty of it myself when I asked who a character in an earlier trailer was

yea, mods just need to ban anyone spoiling

simple as that

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I probably worded it wrong but that's what I was basically trying to say. The important either keep the Wu Tang money in the family or attach it to other families of similar (or more) importance. I'd say it's more likely they get with people from families they cool with.

Robb getting with ol girl who didn't matter in the politics of that world lead to his death...when you think about it, shyt is kind of similar to that prince with Markle

I mean yes and no. Its one thing to marry commoners. At least NO other powerful houses won in that case. Marrying into other houses was in many ways the ONLY thing that kept shyt in check. People aren't going to run up in their niece's or daughter's house and kill up their grandkids and nephews.

But Robb fukked up because, he didn't just marry a commoner, he reneged on his OATH to House Frey.
It would have been better if he just married her and kept the other girl as a mistress. No one would have cared. Just as long as he popped a kid in ole girl.

So Robb got fukked over because to the Frey's he was an oathbreaker and put their house in danger.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Alan Taylor better step his game up after The Many Saints dumpster fire :scust:

daemonova

Daps
It was at least a well directed movie. I saw the real Cancun in theatres, it wasn't bad

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Sources say Sapochnik is exiting the show after pouring an exhausting three years of effort into the Game of Thrones prequel.

Sapochnik worked for months helping develop Dragon with his friend Condal before coming on board. Sapochnik had been very reluctant to officially join the project, a stance that perhaps foreshadowed his current exit. “Miguel said, “I’m never doing Thrones again,” Condal recalled.

“I went through a lot of vacillating,” Sapochnik admitted. “Ryan and I had a longstanding relationship and we work well together and we really like each other — that was half the battle. As we got deeper into the discussions, I realized I had to shyt or get off the pot.”

Sapochnik eventually decided to sign on while he was attending — of all things – a Game of Thrones Experience concert in Los Angeles with writer and fellow Thrones veteran Bryan Cogman. “There were 17,000 people going crazy for this show and I didn’t realize how passionate people still were about it,” Saophnchik says. “[My wife] turned to me and said, ‘We’re fukking idiots. How can we not do this?'”

Reading this, this makes sense. He's burnt out, and wants to do other things.

It's ok breh, dude just wants to do other things :whew:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

It was at least a well directed movie. I saw the real Cancun in theatres, it wasn't bad
Alan Taylor is proven and way better in the television realm, fortunately. Directed some of the best episodes of The Sopranos, Mad Men, and GoT.