Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
He should have spoken with Corlys beforehand, what is the point of having a seat at the table if you are constantly rebuked like a side bytch?

The man was disrespected TWICE in that court and currently being disrespected on his own turf. But the king has an extremely narrow view and his wife/child dying didn't help.
Now I agree with that part . Doing Corlys like that without a heads up is a goofy ass move .

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
to each their own…no need for them to torture themselves watching the series tho if it’s not for them
I misspoke, meant to say why bother watching them if it's not your thing?

I was waiting for GOT to end so I could just binge watch em all. Dodged another House of Cards :whew:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I misspoke, meant to say why bother watching them if it's not your thing?

I was waiting for GOT to end so I could just binge watch em all. Dodged another House of Cards :whew:
:snoop:Even before what was find out about Kevin Spacey being :dame::sitdown: that show was starting to jump the shark around season 4 but gave the current US political climate hard to say now days by how much:patrice:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Dumb? Nah. Naive and completely ignorant of other points of view? Yeah.

It seems like he really assumed Corlys was on the same page as him with thinking that marrying someone that young just wasn't feasible. He definitely didn't consider that the pairing meant more to him than just a routine joining of houses, though.

What's crazy is that a lot of Viserys' problems are ones that could easily have been solved by talking to people, instead of relying on Otto and that Maester to handle the heavy lifting. If he just talked to Corlys about his choice before announcing it, he'd probably be alright. Could've easily spun it off as respecting his house and wanting to link them in, but wanting to do right by his daughter by giving her an opportunity to wed someone closer to her age or something.
And that is why I root for anyone coming at his neck.

He ain't worthy:mjpls:

Daemon is a wildcard, but he studied the Throne.
Peep how he leans to the right and forward with ease.
e386a9b0-2031-43a8-84c7-bfb629a3fe73

Meanwhile King Viserys is TOO COMFORTABLE in his position on the Iron Throne.
He’s leaning left and back, causing him to kill himself slowly by way of a 1000 little cuts from the Throne.

image-2022-07-21T144937.056.jpg

sub-buzz-3813-1661146514-18.png

FbZONvbXoAE-2bu

FbZORbXX0AEbS6E

FbZOVMsWIAE7-lt

The metaphor refers to him not acting urgent on the forming issues present in his kingdom.

Lord Corlys is tryna put him on game, but Otto is steady :hhh:ing him with King Viserys, because of his own scheme using his daughter Alicent

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn't an action series
I wouldnt go that far, GoT had entire episodes dedicated to acton, the show was just very well rounded with great characters, dialogue and political intrigue early on - its what made GoT so great

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was very skeptical of this series, but the first two episodes bring back old school Thrones vibes

I just read about the massive time jump coming, interesting how this season is being developed

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I wouldnt go that far, GoT had entire episodes dedicated to acton, the show was just very well rounded with great characters, dialogue and political intrigue early on - its what made GoT so great
Right but it isn't the focal point, it used to bring home characters and their consequences.

That emotional payoff that is so :noah:
Daemon is a wildcard, but he studied the Throne.
Peep how he leans to the right and forward with ease.

Damn, I actually didn't notice. I was more shocked dude had the audacity in the first place :russ:

Wish we saw how he got the first wound, because the finger only happened because he was losing his cool with his brother.

Only a fool would flail about on a throne of steel.

A FOOL I say :umad:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I wouldn’t say she’s Dany-Lite outside of her looks. Which they should look similar since there’s a lot of incest going on. Outside of that their situations are totally different, and I think after the time jump, and actress change, it’ll be a lot different.
She’s literally a tamed Dany because she’s living around a bunch of men who want the “no woman in power” world. You can see her flexing her smarts this past episode.

ace890

Rookie
Daps
But the whole 'no women in power' thing is a central theme to the story this time around. The Great Council passed over Rhaenys for Queen and they don't want Rhaenyra because of 'tradition'. Also, Rhaenyra is only somewhat like Dany. Hell...I'd argue that she's more like Cersei, if we're comparing but we ain't got to that part of the story yet. She's a LOT different than Dany.
EDIT: Replying to: @The Collector
Forgot to hit 'reply' lol

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think people are trying too hard to make themselves love this show.

No dope characters like Tyrion, Tywin, Joffrey, Hound etc. What's even the point?
Tywin wasn't even introduced until episode 7 of Game of Thrones. The Hound might have had a few lines in the first episodes.

Who knows how the show will translate the rest of the characters from the books, but there is still a massive amount of characters yet to be introduced.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Tywin wasn't even introduced until episode 7 of Game of Thrones. The Hound might have had a few lines in the first episodes.

Who knows how the show will translate the rest of the characters from the books, but there is still a massive amount of characters yet to be introduced.
Literally none of those characters outside of Tyrion did shyt in the first 2 episodes. :mjlol: Joffrey got slapped up, hound says he's gonna remember that.

Last edited: