Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh, it wasn't just you, this just seems to be a strict show only crowd :manny:

ya speculation is cool if it makes sense within the context of what has been viewed on the episodes that have aired

I remember some dikkhead kept “speculating” how weird it would be if someone killed one of the starks and sewed a wolf’s head onto their body all the way back in season one of GOT…everyone knew what his bytch ass was doing…there was nothing that he watched from the show to support his “speculations” or random “predictions”

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
So far this has been paint-by-the-numbers. Which, considering GoT's descent into farce, is simply HBO playing it safe and to be expected. To a point.

The weak king, the discontented princely 2nd son unhappy with his lot, the plucky princess daughter vs the patriarchy, the scheming 2nd in command, etc etc. The requisite plot twists and for-shock-value events are most likely coming, and they're needed.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
nikkas just need to start a second thread to discuss next episode previews, book history and "what if's" that get answered with hella book lore. seems like most people here want to keep the discussion about what aired in the show only. i don't think it's fair to ask people not to speculate, but shyt needs to be done in good faith, don't "speculate" if you know what's gonna happen or you watch the leak
The challenge with this show is that it naturally invites speculation. Plus you have a ton of lore and people who’ve at least seen the entirety of GoT. So when you see the Targaryans riding multiple dragons your mind naturally goes to “how did they fall off?” People will naively ask questions for background that could contain spoilers.

I’m at the point where the only spoiler that bothers me is someone seeing the episode early and spoiling it. Previews don’t bother me because those are meant to be deceptive.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
pjpiIsG.gif

Classic.

Plus Jason Mamoa representing for the Hawaiians :blessed:
I.know he was in other roles before this but Khal Drogo was the role that had the directors and movie studios go

"WE NEED HIM"
Yeah, I noticed that. Most "fantasy" shows seem to have this problem.
I think the usual excuse for this type of thing is that they have access to magic, and dragons, etc., so scientific and technological advancement is held back because of it.

But these are societies that have supposedly been around for THOUSANDS of years, so you would expect that we would see more advancement than we're seeing on these shows.
The maesters are old farts against any kind of new teaching or magic.

Westeros is behind Essos in that regard.

Essos got all the fire potions and spells and shyt.

Look at Samwell tarly about what 150+years later...he was trying to explore and get the maesters on some new shyt and they rebuffed him. They're against change and anyone who doesn't just go with the flow gets kicked out.

They don't experiment much or try new things...they're one of the biggest reasons if not the biggest westeros hasn't advanced much as a society.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
im writing a book where a group of people who used to be able to use magic lost that shyt and had to turn to science and technology to make up for it.

they warring with a faction that's using runes and magic and shyt and just hit them nikkas with a nuke suddenly the world's like :damn: "wtf kinda god did this???"
You got a map involved?

I love books and stories where they include a map..helps me.to.visualize and get into the story more.

Daps
Just another decent episode which is more in the wavelength of the Last Kingdom than the OG GOT.

I know it has been two episodes but it is definitely falling short of my expectations.

The show is lacking in every department whether it is the story or characters.

And if it was, nikka what's wrong with that? :gucci:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Viserys got dragons, the ultimate cheat code, and don't even wanna use it when this crab dude is fukking up his allies money. He's too p*ssy to be a king.

rewatching ep 2 and to be fair the king wasn’t completely ducking the fade with the crab dude…he said it would be handled in due time…he just didn’t want to rush into a battle with them with reasons he provided in that episode…when you take into consideration too that he knows he has the dragons maybe that’s why he feels confident in waiting…seems like he’s mostly guilty of overestimating his handle on things since he’s the king

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rewatching ep 2 and to be fair the king wasn’t completely ducking the fade with the crab dude…he said it would be handled in due time…he just didn’t want to rush into a battle with them with reasons he provided in that episode…when you take into consideration too that he knows he has the dragons maybe that’s why he feels confident in waiting…seems like he’s mostly guilty of overestimating his handle on things since he’s the king
If there wasn't all this shyt going on around him that approach would be ok, but with rhanaerys being named the heir and Daemon going off and taking Dragonstone, his reign is looking shaky to a lot of people. Sending dragons to end crabset quick and easy would have been a perfect opportunity to show people he ain't to be fukked with.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If there wasn't all this shyt going on around him that approach would be ok, but with rhanaerys being named the heir and Daemon going off and taking Dragonstone, his reign is looking shaky to a lot of people. Sending dragons to end crabset quick and easy would have been a perfect opportunity to show people he ain't to be fukked with.

I guess my problem is I’m viewing him as a nice guy who’s trying to be diplomatic…but that may not be enough to rule/govern “correctly”…so I guess I get why folks are angry with some of his decisions