Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Yeah they're just having platonic talks at night when they're alone, even though we saw a scene where the king got visibly annoyed they got interrupted when they were clearly about to fukk :mjlol:

King aint hit once in the six month span this has happened in? :duck:
Why, is that what you would do with a 15 year old? :sitdown:

Jokes aside, you need to think about this a little bit. The king can't just fukk the hand's daughter out of wedlock without pissing off his hand and the Hightowers as a whole. There's no condoms in Westeros. fukking runs the risk of creating b*stards, and no high born suitors would want to marry a girl with a b*stard.

The entire point is to have her hang out with him without fukking. She's waving it in his face, tempting him to marry her so he can finally hit. It's a plot set up by Otto. He's orchestrating the marriage without ever showing his hand, under the guise of Alicent just wanting to connect with Viserys over shared grief. I guarantee Viserys has no idea Otto is the one making her hang out with him. As far as he knows she's doing it of her own volition.

Plus if they were fukking there would be some implication. There's no reason the show would hide that from the viewers in this situation.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I find them slow and borderline background noise level. thats my opinion.
you have your opinions i got mine.
Yet another time that you remind me of my baby brother because I had to tell him that Game of thrones was not about the fight scenes. It was always about the English court drama with some dragons sprinkled in.

A podcast did a contest of picking the best game of thrones episodes, and they intentionally took out episodes that was all fight scenes because that is not what game of thrones is about.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Yet another time that you remind me of my baby brother because I had to tell him that Game of thrones was not about the fight scenes. It was always about the English court drama with some dragons sprinkled in.

A podcast did a contest of picking the best game of thrones episodes, and they intentionally took out episodes that was all fight scenes because that is not what game of thrones is about.
I'd argue that Thrones was about all of that, the court drama and the violence. The political intrigue is definitely the highlight for me now, but I'm not going to lie, the thing that made me check out the show was seeing a gif of Khal Drogo ripping someones tongue out through their throat. Before that I was on some "fukk that nerd fantasy shyt, they need to bring back the Wire and the Sopranos":birdman:

Now, 10+ years later, I've read the books like 3 or 4 times and most of all the side stories with it and I'm having nerdy ass arguments online over minor bit parts of the story.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: they may just do those story in this show once there done with the dance of the dragons.
I mean I piss on targaryencest set but those b*stards are a draw I can't deny
full

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
Ep3 gonna be crazy off that trailer:whoo:

Birth of Viserys son, Rhaenyra running away, Brehlaryonset pulling up w their army, dragons in combat.:wow::wow::wow:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Advise your king to marry a 12 year old brehs :russ:
This was pretty common in those days and well up till the early 1900s.

Most states didn't start moving up past 16 until after the 1920s

In the 1880s the age of consent was like 10-12. In some states.

Hawaii age of consent was 14 but movedr to 16 in 2001.:picard:

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t even wanna know what “dance of the dragon” is about but been reading those 4 words a lot and I know when i Realize on a Sunday and it reads those words as the episode Im about to watch…. :wow:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I'd argue that Thrones was about all of that, the court drama and the violence. The political intrigue is definitely the highlight for me now, but I'm not going to lie, the thing that made me check out the show was seeing a gif of Khal Drogo ripping someones tongue out through their throat. Before that I was on some "fukk that nerd fantasy shyt, they need to bring back the Wire and the Sopranos":birdman:

Now, 10+ years later, I've read the books like 3 or 4 times and most of all the side stories with it and I'm having nerdy ass arguments online over minor bit parts of the story.
that scene was wild yo i still can't believe someone thought of that and put it on TV

how you just gone rip a nikka's tongue out :dame:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The need to feel like you have to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic is the exact same shyt that ruined Game Of Thrones in the first place

D&Ds biases ruined characters and telegraphed shyt way too early. The most egregious example of this was the treatment of Tyrion, who was all but telegraphed to be a "good guy" as early as season 4

The true secret of Ice and Fires appeal was the humanity of the characters. Everybody was grey and up for interpretation

Jamie was a piece of shyt that killed his King but he did it to save an entire city so is he really a piece of shyt? But then he also pushes a child out of a window. He's this man that has forced himself to live up to the reputation people put on him, that eventually rejects it all. The result is some people feel sympathetic towards Jamie and some justifiability don't.

The entire point of Ice and Fire was deconstruction of perceptions. Game of Thrones started the same way and did a 180 right back to typical TV writing

Jamie was as black and white as you can get in terms of character development. There were so many times I was like :obama: “there’s a heart in there somewhere” and then he’d do something else that was extremely fukked up. But I would say he did make amends ultimately.