Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
This couple's recaps are hilarious. Time stamped.

"Cesarean Targaryan" :mjlol:
Wasn't sure about the actress who plays rhaeny at first. She got a weird face and a big mouth. But she won me over after this episode. You can tell she got heart. I already like her more than dany's self righteous ass. And her big mouth means she can prolly suck the balls and dikk at the same time.
spit-take.gif

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just another decent episode which is more in the wavelength of the Last Kingdom than the OG GOT.

I know it has been two episodes but it is definitely falling short of my expectations.

The show is lacking in every department whether it is the story or characters.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
And then he'd make an enemy out of The Hightowers, one of the most powerful families in Westeros, and the leaders of Oldtown and friends of the Citadel and Faith. You don't just take that girl and sully her with b*stards, without a huge amount of backlash.

If Laena is 1A in terms of attractive marriage prospects for a lord of Westeros, then Alicent is 1B. She's not just some random chick from a random house.

Did you just quote me on some book shyt? :mjtf:

Did you miss the part on the show where the father sent his daughter to the king to make her his mistress? They are only entangled becausen the father positioned her for that role.

The girl is not 18, you've just made that up

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

Did you miss the part on the show where the father sent his daughter to the king to make her his mistress? They are only entangled becausen the father positioned her for that role.

I think you are missing what Otto did. He sent her to Viserys to do exactly what she did, keep him company and charm him so that Viserys would choose her as his new wife. He didn't send her there to be a mistress, that would be stupid as fukk and a waste of his crown jewel marriage piece. If the king fukks her and or fathers a b*stard on her, she would be spoiled goods.

When Otto gives the nod to Corlys after Alicent is chosen, that was his "check mate" face in this game of positioning their daughters to be the new queen.

And the post said 1B, not 18:mjlol:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

He set her up to court Viserys so he would do what he just did and marry her :why:

Are we watching the same show? You can't just turn a high born girl into your whore. You think Ned would be cool with Joffrey nutting all in Sansa and then marrying someone else? Women and the children they bear are stock to be negotiated and traded with in this world.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Also as an honorable, reluctant leader. A bit of a precursor to Jon Snow in those ways.
His inflexible honor and ppl pleasing reminds me of a mix between Tytos Lannister(Tywins* ppl pleasing father) and Stannis. He sacrifices his wife’s life because he thinks it’s his duty to the realm to have a son. But at the same time, he’s reluctant(at first) to send his toxic uncontrollable brother away, while also trying appease his Hand Of The King who has beef with his brother. A ppl pleaser whos willing to bend backwards in some aspects to the point that it’s dentrimental to progress, but also someone who is inflexible to the point of sacrificing family for the end goal, even if it’ll destroy his relationships with those close to him.

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Whose worse Otto or Corlys the show cannot take sides but we as viewers view their actions through a moral lens. pimping your underage daughters is just straight up bad but the show only seems to paint Otto in a negative light for this with alicent hurting herself whereas Laena seems fine(maybe later scenes will expand on this)

I feel like they are both doing the same thing and its equally scummy

Otto wants Alicent with the king for personal advancement reasons and he is pushing his daughter on to seduce him after the queen dies
The king wants to hide how he is seeing alicent showing that it is viewed as bad to be courting her. His daughter definitely has a problem with it. The only person who seems accepting of it is Otto

Corlys is proposing a marriage pact to gain favor with the king so that he can gain his leave to deal with the triarchy. He is proposing his very young daughter. We are given a few scenes one where Rhaenys doesn't like this but it is widely accepted by multiple characters advising the king to accept the match.

This is a pretty good example of grey writing something I don't think Game of Thrones ever managed at all.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The twists and turns are so obvious in this unlike the OG GOT when you didn't know who will betray who. Littlefinger and Ned Stark anyone?

For example, they have not revealed Otto as a bad guy but it is so so obvious that he will be one of them. And I bet the creators will make this reveal a big moment in the show when it is plainly obvious lol

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think you are missing what Otto did. He sent her to Viserys to do exactly what she did, keep him company and charm him so that Viserys would choose her as his new wife. He didn't send her there to be a mistress, that would be stupid and a waste of his crown jewel marriage piece

And what does keeping company and charming a person involve? :mjtf:

She's going to his chambers sometimes even at NIGHT and ALWAYS when he IS ALONE.

Episode 2 is SIX MONTHS after episode 1 where this first starts happening.

Are you telling me they're just having "conversations" and nothing else when she's up there in his chambers? :mjtf:

This is why he cannot make an enemy of the father, because the father is the one who sent her there to play that ROLE irrespective of the father doing it so he could make her his new wife. You can't slut out your daughter and then be mad when she's treated like one :mjtf: