Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Then he could just wait
On that note, Viserys might feel like he doesn't have much time to waste. His wounds are not healing and in this same episode, they were talking about him losing a finger. Waiting around for a little girl to be mature and strong enough to give him healthy children might not be something he thinks he can do. He's keeping a lot of his thoughts close to the vest but you can see in his face that he feels a weight on him when it comes to rotting of his body that won't heal. If he's going to produce more children, he needs to get started. Particularly because he knows how long it can possibly take to get a healthy child. He saw his first wife lose 5 in ten years.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

HBO’s House of the Dragon followed its record-setting premiere by pulling in an even bigger audience for episode two.

Sunday’s installment drew 10.2 million viewers across all platforms, according to a combination of Nielsen and HBO internal data. That’s a 2 percent increase from the Aug. 21 series premiere, which came in just under 10 million.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree. Right now it makes zero sense.

Maybe they'll explain the reasoning in the next episode. But this episode didn't do a good job to show the rationale.

He just made an enemy of a person who supplies their ships for no damn reason :mjtf:
He's the king and can do what he wants right. And given that Corlys is married to his cousin I doubt he thinks this will result in some revolt

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already see people making dumb ass observations everywhere on the internet.
Weirdos mad at baby Aegon before he’s even born and missing the underlying commentary about the situation.
people should understand what time it is when the queen that never was give her "the order of things" :mjpls: speech

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Viserys main problem is that he is a weak king.
His health is already in decline and he clearly has tetanus from all of the cuts on his body not being treated properly
Every scene is literally him getting manipulated by other people for their own ends not his own

Rhaenyra being his heir and him preparing her politically as the small council cup bearer is the only smart thing he's done and that was entirely to spite his brother.

If anything he reminds me of Tommen now from Game of Thrones someone who was also weak and was badly advised

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
While not intentional, can we please only comment on what is revealed in the show…

He’s in the preview for episode 3, but I’ll be more mindful.

people should understand what time it is when the queen that never was give her "the order of things" :mjpls: speech

I fear that a lot of people won’t see beyond “put a woman on the throne, you cowards!”, and think that this is an either or situation rather than a criticism of feudalism and the greed, entitlement and treachery it breeds in both men and women alike.