Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Right now it makes zero sense.

Maybe they'll explain the reasoning in the next episode. But this episode didn't do a good job to show the rationale.

He just made an enemy of a person who supplies their ships for no damn reason :mjtf:
he doesn't want to be a pedo

aliment is still young judged by todays standards but she's way more mature and developed as seen in her convos with the king. the other girl still talks and thinks like a little girl

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Corlys and Daemon linked up
Rhaenyra is broken from her father
Otto and the Grand Maester Mellos are definitely killing the king

Viserys is weaker than I initially thought. Dude is dying and alienating all his closest allies for people who are obviously stripping him of his power

"You can be a good man, or a good king. You can't be both." :wow:

Not for nothing you gotta respect Otto for this. Cuz he could’ve got cooked up. He showed up talking cash shyt. Called brehs wife a whore like 5 times. :mjlol:

People are right calling out how Otto is manipulating Viserys but he truly cares cuz he was like :whoa: “I’ll go instead”. He even gave a semi-farewell to Alicent in case things went awry

That stretch of Otto summoning Viserys to the small council to both sides asking for the smoke on the bridge in Dragonstone was great.

Although I need more scenes with Daemon and Otto, though. It's like Rhys Ifans showed up determined to out fukkery Matt Smith in that scene, and had it until ol' boy threw that fukking egg. :mjlol:

Its still manipulating cause Daemon does fukk around with his brother but does him no harm. He doesn't even tolerate nobody else disrespecting the king. He risked his life just to drive a further wedge between them. Peep what even viserys told otto. That no matter what Daemon Does or where he puts him on the counsel he still complains about it. If he been smart he would have sent someone else or handled it himself.

Yeah, I like that they seem to be establishing that Daemon doesn't really want to fukk with Viserys like this, but sees it as necessary, since Viserys is too idealistic to see the snakes he's got around him. shyt, Daemon even made it sound like he was more interested in linking up with Corlys to clean up his brother's mess for him instead of actually harming him.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
ust seems like he genuinely likes her even tho it didn’t make sense politically…he was overly impressed with her getting that little dragon shyt fixed and he seemed to enjoy the time they spent with each other

He could easily just make her his mistress. It was normal during those times :yeshrug:

also in the same ep, he says he doesn’t think corlys would overreact to him spurning his daughter by withholding his fleet if they ever needed his help

He CANNOT be that dumb :mjtf:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

truth be told I thought his reasoning was sound at the time as far as thinking corlys would be upset but not to the point of doing anything rash…I wouldn’t have guessed/thought that corlys would go straight to daemon…this episode made me realize dude ain’t with kissing anybody ass tho…in hindsight tho ya I can now look at it as “dumb”

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
they certainly aren't using real aerial shots the way they used to. damn near all the city shots have looks like a video game compared to s 1-5 of GOT

The Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon has already been renewed for a second season—little surprise considering nearly 10 million people saw the premiere on August 21, making it HBO’s most-watched series premiere in the network’s history. Like GOT, the series features vast landscapes and dramatic sets that bring the fantasy world to life. Many of the otherworldly scenes in GOT were filmed on location across Northern Ireland, Spain, Croatia, and Iceland. House of the Dragon—based on George RR Martin’s 2018 novel Fire & Blood—takes us to a few new spots across England, Spain, and Portugal.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
he doesn't want to be a pedo

aliment is still young judged by todays standards but she's way more mature and developed as seen in her convos with the king. the other girl still talks and thinks like a little girl

Then he could just wait and used the other chick as his mistress to pass the time :mjtf:.

The girl he is deciding to marry is 15, the brehs daughter 12, they consider coming of age 14.

It makes zero sense to make an enemy out a person who controls 80% of your naval fleet :mjtf:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon has already been renewed for a second season—little surprise considering nearly 10 million people saw the premiere on August 21, making it HBO’s most-watched series premiere in the network’s history. Like GOT, the series features vast landscapes and dramatic sets that bring the fantasy world to life. Many of the otherworldly scenes in GOT were filmed on location across Northern Ireland, Spain, Croatia, and Iceland. House of the Dragon—based on George RR Martin’s 2018 novel Fire & Blood—takes us to a few new spots across England, Spain, and Portugal.

that doesn't address the aerial shots of KL breh, you can clearly see the difference between old city shots where CGI buildings were interspersed and these new shots that are 100% CGI

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He could easily just make her his mistress. It was normal during those times :yeshrug:

Dumb? Nah. Naive and completely ignorant of other points of view? Yeah.

It seems like he really assumed Corlys was on the same page as him with thinking that marrying someone that young just wasn't feasible. He definitely didn't consider that the pairing meant more to him than just a routine joining of houses, though.

What's crazy is that a lot of Viserys' problems are ones that could easily have been solved by talking to people, instead of relying on Otto and that Maester to handle the heavy lifting. If he just talked to Corlys about his choice before announcing it, he'd probably be alright. Could've easily spun it off as respecting his house and wanting to link them in, but wanting to do right by his daughter by giving her an opportunity to wed someone closer to her age or something.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
truth be told I thought his reasoning was sound

Breh.

The breh controls his 80% of his navy.

The King refuses engage the pirates messing up the shipping lanes which is messing up the brehs money and then refuses to marry the breh's daughter, how can he not think that wouldn't make 1. a new enemy and 2. pose an immediate threat to his kingdom due to the breh having control of the ships.

This might be one of the WOAT decisions I've seen a character make on a tv series.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dumb? Nah. Naive and completely ignorant of other points of view? Yeah.

It seems like he really assumed Corlys was on the same page as him with thinking that marrying someone that young just wasn't feasible. He definitely didn't consider that the pairing meant more to him than just a routine joining of houses, though.

What's crazy is that a lot of Viserys' problems are ones that could easily have been solved by talking to people, instead of relying on Otto and that Maester to handle the heavy lifting. If he just talked to Corlys about his choice before announcing it, he'd probably be alright. Could've easily spun it off as respecting his house and wanting to link them in, but wanting to do right by his daughter by giving her an opportunity to wed someone closer to her age or something.
Corly biggest problem with Viserys is his unwillingness to fight crabfeeder who being back my those city states that viserys want no problem with:whoa:that messing up Corly money. Visery marrying Corly daugher was like a peace offering for him not want to more or less go war with those city state.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh.

The breh controls his 80% of his navy.

The King refuses engage the pirates messing up the shipping lanes which is messing up the brehs money and then refuses to marry the breh's daughter, how can he not think that wouldn't make 1. a new enemy and 2. pose an immediate threat to his kingdom due to the breh having control of the ships.

This might be one of the WOAT decisions I've seen a character make on a tv series.

as the king he thought he had more control over corlys/the situation than he did…in hindsight he may have been wrong…at the end of the day he’s still a man not god…ppl regardless of their status underestimate others all the time…he goofed :yeshrug:

…also keep in mind this is a drama…if characters always made the “right” decisions then a lot of these shows would be boring af lol