Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
anyone seen anything reported on how they're going to handle this series? since it's house of the dragon, is every season going to be a different point in the targaryen timeline? like the conquest, the mad king's rule, etc.?

and BTW this show still needs more starks ❄️ 🐺

Even though this show is based on one chapter in Fire & Blood, it's slated to be three seasons to tell this story. It could easily be a anthology series. They could do the Blackfyre Rebellion. They could go further back to Aegon I conquering Westeros. There's so much they can do beyond the Targaryens, because events in the world even goes back to before the 5000 years that Valyria was running things in Essos. Even if they wanted to go to the future, no one really knows what's west of Westeros.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree. But I just know instead of positioning Rhaegar as a reluctant antagonist, he's going to be positioned as a champion of romance. That's just how it would be.
He'd be positioned as the little lute playing bytch who got his shyt ended when Bob "The Builder" Baratheon put the hammer to his chest. :pacspit:

bob-the-builder-fix-it.gif

Daps
One thing I HATE about the Tower of Joy scene as a whole is it totally pissed on some supposedly ICE COLD characters. Gerold Hightower was supposed to be this super wise, elder statesman who everyone respected. But then there was SWORD OF THE FUKKIN MORNING, Arthur Dayne who was arguably the sauciest fighter in the land outside of Jamie and Barristan. Wasted potential in that scene.

But Robert's Rebellion would be amazing as a prequel. Problem is fans are SO connected to the characters that there would have to be some massive deconstruction of their perceptions. Tywin would almost be a hero, Ned would come off looking weak AF.
It would be hard IMO to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic. However, I'd still love to see it if not for Harrenhall and the Battle at the Trident alone...

BUT
I think it would actually function better as an anime or something like that. I don't think HBO would have the willingness to go back around a THIRD time with the same IP.

My nikka, did we watch the same thing? Arthur Dayne was putting in work in that scene :russ:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Oh my God :dead:

Yall nikkas gotta let this Game Of Thrones shyt go:dead: it ended bad, it's over, it's time to move on

Nikkas ain't about to recreate the fukkin series this shyt getting out of hand:mjlol:
Round up all them nikkas to run that shyt back man. You know they ain’t eating good post GoT anyway. Do that shyt right. The GRRM cut.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
The way they had Arthur Dayne go out in the show was terrible.
It explains how Ned was able to beat him dude was a fighting machine with a sword equal or even possibly stronger than valyrian steel. I thought the dual wield was nice. Although they didn't do the scene properly it was good for what it was compared to what we got after that. :scusthov:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It explains how Ned was able to beat him dude was a fighting machine with a sword equal or even possibly stronger than valyrian steel. I thought the dual wield was nice. Although they didn't do the scene properly it was good for what it was compared to what we got after that. :scusthov:

They shoulda went even further with Ned's embellishment. Shoulda had Howland Reed in the bushes, throw a net on that nikka, Dayne and stab him over and over with a shyt covered spear.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So you're saying there's a scenario where the rebellion against the Mad King happens but Rhaegar is down with it and takes the throne? Does he lead the rebellion or does the rebellion happen and they put down the mad king and they're just cool with Rhaegar like he's the homie?

nikka TAKE ALL THESE BOOK QUESTIONS TO
THE BOOK THREAD OR JUST GO
READ THE BOOK.

YOURE SPOILING A POTENTIAL SERIES
IN CASE THEY DO ACTUALLY MAKE IT
LIVE ACTION.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOUSE OF DRAGONS TV SHOW,
NOT ROBERTS REBELLION BOOK CHAPTER.
:devil:
:evil:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Rhaenrya is gonna learn :ufdup:

how mi fi trust and mi nuh certain
wha you a do behind curtain
nuff ah dem seh dem a yuh friend, but when you check it out
dem is a different person

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:hubie: do ya thing breh I ain't @hex or @CHICAGO but thank you for your courtesy. By the way Who's aegon? isn't that Jon Snow :krs: did Bran send him back time traveling :mindblown: :troll:

Again breh you talking about characters that haven't been introduced in the first 2 episodes yet , how you know his name :jbhmm:
a lot of people don't know that yet who he is or don't want to know please try to respect that. Dont mind me I read everything in this series im just trying to keep the show experience unspoiled for those who don't know. You can go crazy in the book thread although we had a Karen Breh complaining about book spoilers in the book spoiler thread :unimpressed: but there you can go brazy with it

It's like a British king being named Henry. A name that's just passed down. So like Aegon I is the one who conquered Westeros, and each king with that name afterwards is a pivotal king in the history for good or bad. Jon Snow is Aegon VI in the show, but it's different in the books.

Last edited: