Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
So I have another Targaryan question, family.

If the Targs still have their dragons, does Robert still rebel? I'm saying if the mad king kills Ned's dad and brother, and Rhaegar and Lyanna run off, but this time on dragon back...

Does the fat boy usurper still try to usurp? :jbhmm:

Dragons are nukes. If they still had them, Ned's dad and brother would have bytched, but nothing would have been done about Lyanna. And honestly, if they still had dragons then nothing in the years leading up to A Game of Thrones probably would have happened.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Dude, They went from no Aegon to Aegon being 2, that's a time jump!!! @Araña previews are not spoliers, fine, I'll put it in a spoler tag
:hubie: do ya thing breh I ain't @hex or @CHICAGO but thank you for your courtesy. By the way Who's aegon? isn't that Jon Snow :krs: did Bran send him back time traveling :mindblown: :troll:

Again breh you talking about characters that haven't been introduced in the first 2 episodes yet , how you know his name :jbhmm:
a lot of people don't know that yet who he is or don't want to know please try to respect that. Dont mind me I read everything in this series im just trying to keep the show experience unspoiled for those who don't know. You can go crazy in the book thread although we had a Karen Breh complaining about book spoilers in the book spoiler thread :unimpressed: but there you can go brazy with it

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The need to feel like you have to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic is the exact same shyt that ruined Game Of Thrones in the first place

D&Ds biases ruined characters and telegraphed shyt way too early. The most egregious example of this was the treatment of Tyrion, who was all but telegraphed to be a "good guy" as early as season 4

The true secret of Ice and Fires appeal was the humanity of the characters. Everybody was grey and up for interpretation

Jamie was a piece of shyt that killed his King but he did it to save an entire city so is he really a piece of shyt? But then he also pushes a child out of a window. He's this man that has forced himself to live up to the reputation people put on him, that eventually rejects it all. The result is some people feel sympathetic towards Jamie and some justifiability don't.

The entire point of Ice and Fire was deconstruction of perceptions. Game of Thrones started the same way and did a 180 right back to typical TV writing

Exactly. There's no good or bad. The whole rebellion started over Lyanna. She's painted in one way, and Robert was so in love. But was she? Was she kidnapped, or did she run of with Rhaegar because she wanted him to clap her cheeks? It's based on a lie, and kind of goes to what, I think was Littlefinger, who said about the realm. Something to the effect that it's the story of Aegon and his 10,000 enemies. They tell it over and over, until they forget that it was a lie.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:hubie: do ya thing breh I ain't @hex or @CHICAGO but thank you for your courtesy. By the way Who's aegon? isn't that Jon Snow :krs: did Bran send him back time traveling :mindblown: :troll:

Again breh you talking about characters that haven't been introduced in the first 2 episodes yet , how you know his name :jbhmm:
a lot of people don't know that yet who he is or don't want to know please try to respect that. Dont mind me I read everything in this series im just trying to keep the show experience unspoiled for those who don't know. You can go crazy in the book thread although we had a Karen Breh complaining about book spoilers in the book spoiler thread :unimpressed: but there you can go brazy with it

There's lot's of Aegons. Aegon I, the first of his name, is the one who conquered Westeros with his two sister wives. There have been multiple namesakes, now including Jon Snow.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Wasn't sure about the actress who plays rhaeny at first. She got a weird face and a big mouth. But she won me over after this episode. You can tell she got heart. I already like her more than dany's self righteous ass. And her big mouth means she can prolly suck the balls and dikk at the same time.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
anyone seen anything reported on how they're going to handle this series? since it's house of the dragon, is every season going to be a different point in the targaryen timeline? like the conquest, the mad king's rule, etc.?

and BTW this show still needs more starks ❄️ 🐺

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Roberts Rebellion was successful because of Rhaegar and Tywin more or less sitting out most of the war. Not because of dragons

Not much would change because Aerys is still crazy and Rhaegar your only competent dragon rider is still missing most of the battles because he's with Lyanna

You could be generous and say he'd have better travel time with a dragon to make it back before the trident battle but unless he stops Robert at Ashford he will still join his forces with Ned's and Jon arryn and proceed to be a big problem.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't sure about the actress who plays rhaeny at first. She got a weird face and a big mouth. But she won over me after this episode. You can tell she got heart. I already like her more than dany's self righteous ass. And her big mouth means she can prolly suck the balls and dikk at the same time.

Somebody here said she got Homelander's mouth :dead:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The need to feel like you have to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic is the exact same shyt that ruined Game Of Thrones in the first place

D&Ds biases ruined characters and telegraphed shyt way too early. The most egregious example of this was the treatment of Tyrion, who was all but telegraphed to be a "good guy" as early as season 4

The true secret of Ice and Fires appeal was the humanity of the characters. Everybody was grey and up for interpretation

Jamie was a piece of shyt that killed his King but he did it to save an entire city so is he really a piece of shyt? But then he also pushes a child out of a window. He's this man that has forced himself to live up to the reputation people put on him, that eventually rejects it all. The result is some people feel sympathetic towards Jamie and some justifiability don't.

The entire point of Ice and Fire was deconstruction of perceptions. Game of Thrones started the same way and did a 180 right back to typical TV writing

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree. But I just know instead of positioning Rhaegar as a reluctant antagonist, he's going to be positioned as a champion of romance. That's just how it would be.