Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
One thing I HATE about the Tower of Joy scene as a whole is it totally pissed on some supposedly ICE COLD characters. Gerold Hightower was supposed to be this super wise, elder statesman who everyone respected. But then there was SWORD OF THE FUKKIN MORNING, Arthur Dayne who was arguably the sauciest fighter in the land outside of Jamie and Barristan. Wasted potential in that scene.

But Robert's Rebellion would be amazing as a prequel. Problem is fans are SO connected to the characters that there would have to be some massive deconstruction of their perceptions. Tywin would almost be a hero, Ned would come off looking weak AF.
It would be hard IMO to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic. However, I'd still love to see it if not for Harrenhall and the Battle at the Trident alone...

BUT
I think it would actually function better as an anime or something like that. I don't think HBO would have the willingness to go back around a THIRD time with the same IP.
They are going back around breh there is a Jon snow show coming, A dunk and egg show in the works :whew:.

After all that they could do a live action rebellion show and if the recasted younger actors connect they could restart got at around season 5 or something. Its possible this piff cost a grip to produce but its a money printing machine. Of course that is if fatboy writes something new which is a big if. But if he does and its his usual stuff fans are going to beg for a proper send off to the main series again big if. But its possible. Its also possible that i Hit the powerball and my wife lets me accept one of the westbrooks sisters or both into our home :steviej:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So I have another Targaryan question, family.

If the Targs still have their dragons, does Robert still rebel? I'm saying if the mad king kills Ned's dad and brother, and Rhaegar and Lyanna run off, but this time on dragon back...

Does the fat boy usurper still try to usurp? :jbhmm:

:russ: It won't even get that far, Jon Arryn gives up Ned and Robert up with the quickness because history has proven that the Eyrie's location makes it food for dragons.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:russ: It won't even get that far, Jon Arryn gives up Ned and Robert up with the quickness because history has proven that the Eyrie's location makes it food for dragons.

Yup, sticking up out of a mountain with no where to run. Drogon woulda pissed on the Eyrie's roof and everyone woulda drowned. shyts great for defending against MEN. Dragons....not so much.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying there's a scenario where the rebellion against the Mad King happens but Rhaegar is down with it and takes the throne? Does he lead the rebellion or does the rebellion happen and they put down the mad king and they're just cool with Rhaegar like he's the homie?
Rhaegar was already plotting to take out Aerys anyway. Aerys final months were like the final months of Trump presidency. "This nikka gotta go" was in the air. A poster mentioned the tourney at Harrenhall earlier. That's where Rhaegar told nikkas to meet so they could chop it up but then Aerys made a surprise appearance like :mjgrin:

Then at the same tournament Rhaegar falls in love with Lyanna Stark and that's the beginning of the end

There's a situation where they could've taken out Aerys while being on Rhaegar's side but he fukked it up. And by the time Aerys kills Jon and Brandon Stark it's too late. Now it's fukk all them nikkas

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are going back around breh there is a Jon snow show coming, A dunk and egg show in the works :whew:.

After all that they could do a live action rebellion show and if the recasted younger actors connect they could restart got at around season 5 or something. Its possible this piff cost a grip to produce but its a money printing machine. Of course that is if fatboy writes something new which is a big if. But if he does and its his usual stuff fans are going to beg for a proper send off to the main series again big if. But its possible. Its also possible that i Hit the powerball and my wife lets me accept one of the westbrooks sisters or both into our home :steviej:
Oh my God :dead:

Yall nikkas gotta let this Game Of Thrones shyt go:dead: it ended bad, it's over, it's time to move on

Nikkas ain't about to recreate the fukkin series this shyt getting out of hand:mjlol:

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
One thing I HATE about the Tower of Joy scene as a whole is it totally pissed on some supposedly ICE COLD characters. Gerold Hightower was supposed to be this super wise, elder statesman who everyone respected. But then there was SWORD OF THE FUKKIN MORNING, Arthur Dayne who was arguably the sauciest fighter in the land outside of Jamie and Barristan. Wasted potential in that scene.

But Robert's Rebellion would be amazing as a prequel. Problem is fans are SO connected to the characters that there would have to be some massive deconstruction of their perceptions. Tywin would almost be a hero, Ned would come off looking weak AF.
It would be hard IMO to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic. However, I'd still love to see it if not for Harrenhall and the Battle at the Trident alone...

BUT
I think it would actually function better as an anime or something like that. I don't think HBO would have the willingness to go back around a THIRD time with the same IP.
:mjcry: GRRM said no RR prequel cause everyone knows how it ends. I hope he was capping cause the hype for that series would be unreal

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Nothing can be worse than #stannisset. I reread those threads. Brehs were in denial. It was brutal.
Stannis was the rightfull king, put some respect on his name :birdman:
I remember with game of thrones this was a MAJOR problem…it didn’t affect me bcuz I read up on the events after the first ep…but dudes were still being obnoxious for those who weren’t familiar with it…looks like it’s gonna be happening here again…maybe I’ll just say fukk it and read about the shyt and just enjoy how it plays out on screen smmfh
Can't really blame them or expect any better from them. The main fulfillment people get out of reading is the ability to let other people know that they read :skip:

What better way to do that than spoiling the most popular show :scust:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BUT
The need to feel like you have to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic is the exact same shyt that ruined Game Of Thrones in the first place

D&Ds biases ruined characters and telegraphed shyt way too early. The most egregious example of this was the treatment of Tyrion, who was all but telegraphed to be a "good guy" as early as season 4

The true secret of Ice and Fires appeal was the humanity of the characters. Everybody was grey and up for interpretation

Jamie was a piece of shyt that killed his King but he did it to save an entire city so is he really a piece of shyt? But then he also pushes a child out of a window. He's this man that has forced himself to live up to the reputation people put on him, that eventually rejects it all. The result is some people feel sympathetic towards Jamie and some justifiability don't.

The entire point of Ice and Fire was deconstruction of perceptions. Game of Thrones started the same way and did a 180 right back to typical TV writing

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh my God :dead:

Yall nikkas gotta let this Game Of Thrones shyt go:dead: it ended bad, it's over, it's time to move on

Nikkas ain't about to recreate the fukkin series this shyt getting out of hand:mjlol:
I was going to say the same thing.

:laff:

Yes, S8 was a disappointment, but you can't just shyt on everyone who contributed to the original series and literally rewrite history. The GoT universe is big enough to do other things without a video game style remaster of the first series.

:dead: