Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
So I have another Targaryan question, family.

If the Targs still have their dragons, does Robert still rebel? I'm saying if the mad king kills Ned's dad and brother, and Rhaegar and Lyanna run off, but this time on dragon back...

Does the fat boy usurper still try to usurp? :jbhmm:
Nah breh. From what I understood in G.o.T. people started to treat the Targs as food once the last dragon fell. I mean....you saw the face of despair in the Council when they heard Danny had 3 dragon puppies? They were all :sadcam::mjtf::damn:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Rhaegar's chance was at the tourney at Harrenhal rumor was that he organizing the coup there. The king wasn't going to show up he rarely went out in public after his kidnapping at Duskendale he only went there cause Varys found out and told him about it. He also got obsessed with the mystery knight of the laughing tree. Rumored to be Lyanna. The theory is (since the book hasn't come out and they haven't expounded on it thank you you fat fukk) that The king sent the kings guard or someone to bring the head of that knight , Rhaegar got wind of it(he might have been sent or the kingsguard told him) and interceded and found out the knight was Lyanna and they fell hard for each other.

There was so much shyt going on at that tournament that you could have a whole 10 hour season on it. That's why A Robert's Rebellion prequel would do superbowl numbers cause so much crazy shyt happened with characters we know or are closely related to the main cast. Imagine a Cast of young Robert, young Ned shiiiet Og Brandon stark (basically roberts attitude with a stark last name a flashback to when he cut up young little finger up :noah: ) Ashara Dayne :noah:, a full blown crazy mad king, Varys in his ear, young tywin scheming, and best of all the legendary and probably best ever Kingsguard 7 there ever was we already saw arthur Dayne in action in brans vision now if they accurate with it and give him the sword of the morning :whew:
I said this years ago and still believe that nikkas don't want a Robert's Rebellion show like they think they do

This thing has been told in detail and explained and theorized to death already. Everything don't need a live action adaptation

It's also way too close to the timeline of GOT. It's almost like double dipping. Roberts Rebellion is a great story, but there's not really any new ground to break there

Some things are better off living in the imagination

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're saying Ned knew that Rhaegar wasn't a bad guy in the first place but went along with the foolery anyway?

:gucci:

Sounds like something @Khamsah and wolf set would do. :martin:
Everybody already knew and liked Rhaegar. He was about as close as someone could get to being universally loved

That's why what he did with Lyanna is really dumb. He was guaranteed the throne and threw it away over a bytch

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Too bad Viserys don’t really return the favor. He sat there and let Otto talk shyt about Daemon for 10 years :snoop:

Yea man Viserys let Otto and the council neuter him. Daemon and Corlis the only real nikkas around him but Otto got his claws dug in too deep.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So I have another Targaryan question, family.
If the Targs still have their dragons, does Robert still rebel? I'm saying if the mad king kills Ned's dad and brother, and Rhaegar and Lyanna run off, but this time on dragon back...

Does the fat boy usurper still try to usurp? :jbhmm:
Yea. Robert was crazy. And Dragons got got all the time. I don’t think they win nor do I think they get as strong an alliance this time, but the starks and baratheons had no choice but to ride.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I said this years ago and still believe that nikkas don't want a Robert's Rebellion show like they think they do

This thing has been told in detail and explained and theorized to death already. Everything don't need a live action adaptation

It's also way too close to the timeline of GOT. It's almost like double dipping. Roberts Rebellion is a great story, but there's not really any new ground to break there

:camby:

Daps

Yeah I have to agree. Maybe an animated adaptation but we don't need live action.

Daps
Everybody already knew and liked Rhaegar. He was about as close as someone could get to being universally loved

That's why what he did with Lyanna is really dumb. He was guaranteed the throne and threw it away over a bytch

So you're saying there's a scenario where the rebellion against the Mad King happens but Rhaegar is down with it and takes the throne? Does he lead the rebellion or does the rebellion happen and they put down the mad king and they're just cool with Rhaegar like he's the homie?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Rhaegar's chance was at the tourney at Harrenhal rumor was that he organizing the coup there. The king wasn't going to show up he rarely went out in public after his kidnapping at Duskendale he only went there cause Varys found out and told him about it. He also got obsessed with the mystery knight of the laughing tree. Rumored to be Lyanna. The theory is (since the book hasn't come out and they haven't expounded on it thank you you fat fukk) that The king sent the kings guard or someone to bring the head of that knight , Rhaegar got wind of it(he might have been sent or the kingsguard told him) and interceded and found out the knight was Lyanna and they fell hard for each other.

There was so much shyt going on at that tournament that you could have a whole 10 hour season on it. That's why A Robert's Rebellion prequel would do superbowl numbers cause so much crazy shyt happened with characters we know or are closely related to the main cast. Imagine a Cast of young Robert, young Ned shiiiet Og Brandon stark (basically roberts attitude with a stark last name a flashback to when he cut up young little finger up :noah: ) Ashara Dayne :noah:, a full blown crazy mad king, Varys in his ear, young tywin scheming, and best of all the legendary and probably best ever Kingsguard 7 there ever was we already saw arthur Dayne in action in brans vision now if they accurate with it and give him the sword of the morning :whew:

One thing I HATE about the Tower of Joy scene as a whole is it totally pissed on some supposedly ICE COLD characters. Gerold Hightower was supposed to be this super wise, elder statesman who everyone respected. But then there was SWORD OF THE FUKKIN MORNING, Arthur Dayne who was arguably the sauciest fighter in the land outside of Jamie and Barristan. Wasted potential in that scene.

But Robert's Rebellion would be amazing as a prequel. Problem is fans are SO connected to the characters that there would have to be some massive deconstruction of their perceptions. Tywin would almost be a hero, Ned would come off looking weak AF.
It would be hard IMO to paint Rhaegar as sympathetic. However, I'd still love to see it if not for Harrenhall and the Battle at the Trident alone...

BUT
I think it would actually function better as an anime or something like that. I don't think HBO would have the willingness to go back around a THIRD time with the same IP.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
His decision made no sense. He purposely making enemies on his council....for what exactly?

1. Doesn't want to marry a literal child (which I mean....good job.)
2. He hates that he's being strong armed into it. It would be, to the king, an admission that his council and the powerful houses have power over him.
3. He's also thinking with his dikk and finds the Hightower girl attractive, Otto Middlefinger knew he would.
4. Regardless of what he says to Rhaneyra, he WANTS a son. Period. Dude was OBSESSED over it for years. He's not going to all of a sudden change his mind on that because of recent tragedy.