Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This is what had me :what: when Otto's punk @$$ said he was going. What he thought he was gon do with Daemon and a dragon?
Not for nothing you gotta respect Otto for this. Cuz he could’ve got cooked up. He showed up talking cash shyt. Called brehs wife a whore like 5 times. :mjlol:

People are right calling out how Otto is manipulating Viserys but he truly cares cuz he was like :whoa: “I’ll go instead”. He even gave a semi-farewell to Alicent in case things went awry

Daps
He would have still been labeled a b*stard and probably regulated to kings guard at best

He would have still been a b*stard even tho his mother would have been known to have a highborn mother? :picard:

So in the other timeline, my nikka still would have been moping around calling himself a b*stard :mjcry:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
So I have a Targset question for the family.

Let's say that fatboy usurper Bobby B never gets the drop on Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Let's say the Targaryans win and keep power.

Would it have been a scandal for Rhaegar's baby son to have black hair? :jbhmm:

Like, how would that have been perceived by the Targaryan family? Also, how would that have been perceived by the family and the kingdom for him to leave the woman he was married to, who was the mother of his heir and his daughter, and just run off and get married to someone else?

Would that have technically made his claim to the throne forfeit, and then his eldest son would have become the Mad King's heir? :jbhmm:
Even after all that Rhaegar was the sanest and safest choice for king. Most likely since Dorne don't have that many qualms with side babies. Again also thats show cannon that they got married. And there is even Targaryen law principle of having 2 wives that were his sisters see aegon but no body could tell him nothing since he was riding the Black Dread. The main problem would have been dealing with the starks, erie, and riverlands alliance and how to appease them after executing the lord of the north and his heir plus Lyanna dies too there was no coming back from that with the Starks. Not with no Dragons.

Last edited:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Not for nothing you gotta respect Otto for this. Cuz he could’ve got cooked up. He showed up talking cash shyt. Called brehs wife a whore like 5 times. :mjlol:

People are right calling out how Otto is manipulating Viserys but he truly cares cuz he was like :whoa: “I’ll go instead”. He even gave a semi-farewell to Alicent in case things went awry
Its still manipulating cause Daemon does fukk around with his brother but does him no harm. He doesn't even tolerate nobody else disrespecting the king. He risked his life just to drive a further wedge between them. Peep what even viserys told otto. That no matter what Daemon Does or where he puts him on the counsel he still complains about it. If he been smart he would have sent someone else or handled it himself.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"my neice is my favorite cousin after all"

waiting-patiently-huh.gif

:laff:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Wait hold up this dude daughter is 12 and mad the king ain’t wed her.
This other nikka off the bat repeatedly gave his daughter up to the king to fukk (when the king never even asked) … but after .. the king proposes the idea of marriage, he initially opposes the idea of him marrying his daughter and making her queen saying she is too young :wtf:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Let's say that fatboy usurper Bobby B never gets the drop on Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Let's say the Targaryans win and keep power.

Like, how would that have been perceived by the Targaryan family? Also, how would that have been perceived by the family and the kingdom for him to leave the woman he was married to, who was the mother of his heir and his daughter, and just run off and get married to someone else?

Would that have technically made his claim to the throne forfeit, and then his eldest son would have become the Mad King's heir? :jbhmm:

It wouldn't have mattered what the Targaryen family thought, there's a theory that Rhaegar was planning a coup against his pops (ie. telling young Jaime shyt was about to change, Ned being :patrice: whenever Bobby B spoke greasy about Rhaegar, and most of the KG being with Ned's sister during wartime is high key suspicious). There's also theories Lyanna and Rhaegar married in secret so if his coup is successful Aerys II goes in the bushes anyway and Rhaegar legitimizes Jon Snow. Dorne would have probably been REAL tight about that though...

EastByrd

Pro
Daps

I’m assuming Tywin doesn’t kill the Targs in this scenario because he only killed them after Trident was lost by the crown.

His claim to the throne would be fine. The Dornish would he upset that their daughter was set aside but his half Dornish son would still be his heir anyway.

With Rhaegar/Lyanna marriage being certified by a septon, Jon would be third in line to the throne, ahead of Viserys but behind his elder brother and Rhaegar.

People may see him as a b*stard but nobody would risk calling him that in public imo. He’d have a comfortable life.

Daps
It wouldn't have mattered what the Targaryen family thought, there's a theory that Rhaegar was planning a coup against his pops (ie. telling young Jaime shyt was about to change, Ned being :patrice: whenever Bobby B spoke greasy about Rhaegar, and most of the KG being with Ned's sister during wartime is high key suspicious). There's also theories Lyanna and Rhaegar married in secret so if his coup is successful Aerys II goes in the bushes anyway and Rhaegar legitimizes Jon Snow. Dorne would have probably been REAL tight about that though...

You're saying Ned knew that Rhaegar wasn't a bad guy in the first place but went along with the foolery anyway?

:gucci:

Sounds like something @Khamsah and wolf set would do. :martin:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

The rest has already been answered, but about the black hair thing, I don't believe it would have been an issue. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there had been other notable Targs with black hair, and I believe in the books Rhaenys (Brehlaryon's wife) had black hair because she was half Baratheon. ("The seed is strong," as Ned/Jon Arryn pointed out in the OG GOT show)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
At first I hit the :patrice: while reading your post, but you make a very good point. I remember when I first watched GOT, I had no idea who the main character was because they gave everybody a pretty fair amount of screentime. I was SHOCKED shocked when Ned got killed, cause I thought he was the main person the show would revolve around.

This time, they're not giving other characters screentime. They're focusing specifically on the 3 main members of House Targaryan, and that's it.
This show would do good to follow criston cole more

Daps

Good point. Otto ain't all bad. :ehh:

OR he knows he needs the king alive to get married to his daughter. But he didn't have to go himself, you're right:ehh: