Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
He didn't know that at the time and even if he did the king was a psycho that just killed his older bro and dad in one of the worst ways ever and then demanded his and his best homie's head on some nut shyt. You got Jon Arryn and other houses out here like :mindblown: Ayo WTF? What did they do?! Ned can't just turn himself in or side with the opps. :russ: It's tragic but Rhaegar was too slow to stop his father's fukkery so him and his fam had to go.
Yeah Rhaegar's chance was at the tourney at Harrenhal rumor was that he organizing the coup there. The king wasn't going to show up he rarely went out in public after his kidnapping at Duskendale he only went there cause Varys found out and told him about it. He also got obsessed with the mystery knight of the laughing tree. Rumored to be Lyanna. The theory is (since the book hasn't come out and they haven't expounded on it thank you you fat fukk) that The king sent the kings guard or someone to bring the head of that knight , Rhaegar got wind of it(he might have been sent or the kingsguard told him) and interceded and found out the knight was Lyanna and they fell hard for each other.

There was so much shyt going on at that tournament that you could have a whole 10 hour season on it. That's why A Robert's Rebellion prequel would do superbowl numbers cause so much crazy shyt happened with characters we know or are closely related to the main cast. Imagine a Cast of young Robert, young Ned shiiiet Og Brandon stark (basically roberts attitude with a stark last name a flashback to when he cut up young little finger up :noah: ) Ashara Dayne :noah:, a full blown crazy mad king, Varys in his ear, young tywin scheming, and best of all the legendary and probably best ever Kingsguard 7 there ever was we already saw arthur Dayne in action in brans vision now if they accurate with it and give him the sword of the morning :whew:

Last edited:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Fantastic episode :wow:

Preview looked like next week is about to be crazy

#TheonSet still free agents out here
There is already an #ottoset :lolbron: lets see by the end of the season how many sets we get. Im also dying to know which minor character da gawd @obarth gon stan.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So the girl who plays Alicent turned 19 in April, so she turned 18 in April 2021. By December of 2020 she had been cast, with casting starting July 2020. And writing had begun in January 2020. All per Wikipedia. So they practically chose her at 17 and were already grooming her to get married to the king on some pedophile shyt? :dahell: :mindblown: They couldn't have picked any random older woman? Not even just the actress but another character at least? I'm sure they could've gotten anyone. Of course they were about to put a 14 year old as wife so thats even worse. Tho with influences from a show that was heavy into incest by the Lannisters, I'm not surprised that they bring this type of thing into it. And yeah I know they gotta keep it "realistic". Just sounds kinda sickening what these crazy white folks were doing back then. :hhh:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked this episode so much more than the first. Not sure if the theme song perked me up or whether it was actually better this week. But it held my interest more.

:wtf:at Corlys pushing his 12 year old daughter into marrying the king. When it was said she was young, I wasn't expecting for her to be that young... It's interesting that Rhaenys didn't agree with pushing her daughter forward. The whole scenes of their daughter and the king made me mad uncomfortable :sitdown:

Did anyone follow what was going on with all the crabs? Were people being staked to the ground and eaten alive? These were Corlys' men from one of his fleet?

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
So the girl who plays Alicent turned 19 in April, so she turned 18 in April 2021. By December of 2020 she had been cast, with casting starting July 2020. And writing had begun in January 2020. All per Wikipedia. So they practically chose her at 17 and were already grooming her to get married to the king on some pedophile shyt? :dahell: :mindblown: They couldn't have picked any random older woman? Not even just the actress but another character at least? I'm sure they could've gotten anyone. Of course they were about to put a 14 year old as wife so thats even worse. Tho with influences from a show that was heavy into incest by the Lannisters, I'm not surprised that they bring this type of thing into it. And yeah I know they gotta keep it "realistic". Just sounds kinda sickening what these crazy white folks were doing back then. :hhh:
If you go back it gets even worse The King and his cousin Rhaenys Grandparents were King and Queen but also Brother and sister. There is a rumor on the main series that Jaime and cersei are not Tywin's kids. And tyrion in the books has dragon dreams which are a Targaryen trait :mjpls: cersei also in the books has dreams about setting fires and flying on dragons with rhaegar and she is also obsessed with wildfire(we saw that in the show) just like the old mad king aerys. Tywin was Aerys hand and was secretly out late nights at the brothels he even had a tunnel built from the hands tower to the brothel so nobody would see him creeping. so while he was out creeping the king was getting his taxes.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone follow what was going on with all the crabs? Were people being staked to the ground and eaten alive? These were Corlys' men from one of his fleet?

Yeap, eaten alive by crabs. Crabfeeder himself is doing the staking on Corly's men (That mask looks pretty cool) . He is messing around on their coast and Corlys is trying not to take anymore Ls.

Just glad to get some action :blessed:

Daps

Wasn't just white folks. My great grandmother who passed in 2016 got married when she was 14.

This wasn't frowned upon until after laws were changed during WW2, and it wasn't because of some moral high ground. It was because most of the male workforce was overseas fighting in the war, and they had to get women into the work force to pick up the slack in American factories. So they decided to raise the age of consent/marital age so that they could get women in factories without them being married or having had children that would keep them out or the workforce.

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeap, eaten alive by crabs. Crabfeeder himself is doing the staking on Corly's men (That mask looks pretty cool) . He is messing around on their coast and Corlys is trying not to take anymore Ls.

Just glad to get some action :blessed:
Help me out with something. The Targaryens at this point got like 10 dragons on standby.. Who would dare play around with them at this point let alone some Pirates.. The threat just isn't adding up to me.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Wasn't just white folks. My great grandmother who passed in 2016 got married when she was 14.

This wasn't frowned upon until after laws were changed during WW2, and it wasn't because of some moral high ground. It was because most of the male workforce was overseas fighting in the war, and they had to get women into the work force to pick up the slack in American factories. So they decided to raise the age of consent/marital age so that they could get women in factories without them being married or having had children that would keep them out or the workforce.
This my grandma was married by 15. And that was only the early 1900's

Daps
Help me out with something. The Targaryens at this point got like 10 dragons on standby.. Who would dare play around with them at this point let alone some Pirates.. The threat just isn't adding up to me.

I like the analogy that brehs have been using about the dragons being the Targaryan's "nukes".

With that being said, why would terrorists attack America even though we got a bunch of nukes on standby?

I believe the answer is the same.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
People still test you when you show weakness even if you have flying wmd they do it by proxy. Listen to what was said that it was the free cities across the narrow sea (penthos ,myrrh ,tyrosh) backing the pirates and viserys is weak cause that would be like blocking the panama canal or the suez canal that situation extended could cause economic termoil on the entire kingdom.

Shiet look at it even now people don't step in on russia/ukraine directly they do it by proxy so they don't use their wmd's on them

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I have a Targset question for the family.

Let's say that fatboy usurper Bobby B never gets the drop on Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Let's say the Targaryans win and keep power.

Would it have been a scandal for Rhaegar's baby son to have black hair? :jbhmm:

Like, how would that have been perceived by the Targaryan family? Also, how would that have been perceived by the family and the kingdom for him to leave the woman he was married to, who was the mother of his heir and his daughter, and just run off and get married to someone else?

Would that have technically made his claim to the throne forfeit, and then his eldest son would have become the Mad King's heir? :jbhmm:

Yes and No. As far as I can remember, no Targs with black hair sat on the throne as King but, there have been dark haired Targs in the family. So yes, people would snicker but, ultimately, it wouldn't really matter. The only person who would be against it is Aerys and if Rhaegar had won at the Trident, he would have put Aerys in a Medieval insane asylum or had him imprisoned.

Him getting another woman pregnant would have been the bigger deal. Rhaegar would ultimately have had to choose who would become king out of Aegon or Aegon (Jon :skip:) and it could have been another DOTD in the making later down the line.