Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
They did up the ages lol. In the books, Rhaenyra is made heir when she's eight years old.

Dope episode. Felt like...well, Game Of Thrones S1. But without the sex. The plotting and scheming. I can imagine someone who prefers the latter seasons saying this was a boring ep but it was much needed set up. And clearly shyt pops off in episode 3. However I do think they should have taken some ques from GoT in terms of expanding things more, character wise. For instance Criston Cole, who will continue playing a role in the show, goes from being selected as the new KG to rounding up a mini army for the Hand Of The King. I def think it would have made sense to give him more scenes. Maybe a scene where we see him move into the White Sword Tower, where the KG reside. Perhaps a scene where he's challenged to a sparring match with a KG member to give the episode more action. Maybe he wins the fight, then faces off against the Lord Commander and gets whooped. Just to show the power dynamics.

Basically I think they need to expand this beyond just having scenes that feature Rhaenyra, Viserys, Otto, Corlys, and/or Daemon.
Yeah they may be playing it “safe” sticking to the main figures, I would expect a bit more lee way in future seasons since the ratings are off the charts.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It works, creates hype and discussion and water cooler talk that brings in more viewers. Once tv fiends get their fix for a whole season that's it 1 week of discussion tops. And its brazy too cause you don't know where somebody is at so chatter at work guess minimized due too not wanting to drop spoilers. I've seen office beefs start over spoilers :russ:
Binging ruined nikkas and made them entitled. Weekly eps are much better for the overall life of a show

Ingesting a show over a longer period allows it to digest and draw more thought out of people. That thought and anticipation builds with each episode. And it makes for better discussions. Look at the threads for weekly shows vs the threads for Netflix shows. The discussions in the Netflix threads rarely get that deep and the threads die within 3 weeks

Stranger Things was the hottest shyt on the planet 2 months ago. Now it's crickets until season 5

Last edited:
Daps
The King comes across as a dumb easily controllable fool.... good episode

Actually, not really. He showed that he couldn't be controlled when in this episode, everyone was trying to get him to do something he didn't want to do... and guess what? He didn't do it.

He's a good king, a good guy, and he's not stupid. That's the funny thing about it. He didn't choose the wrong person to marry cause he didn't realize the harm it would do. He knew the harm it would do, and just felt that he could weather it, because he would rather do what's right for his heart as opposed to what's right for the kingdom. That's not stupidity. It's just not wise.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Binging ruined nikkas and made them entitled. Weekly eps are much better for the overall life of a show

Ingesting a show over a longer period allows it to digest and draw more thought out of people. That thought and anticipation builds with each episode. And it makes for better discussions. Look at the threads for weekly shows vs the threads for Netflix shows. The discussions in the Netflix threads rarely get that deep and the threads die within 3 weeks

Stranger Things was the hottest shyt in the planet 2 months ago. Now it's crickets until season 5
Exactly I saw it late and i had 3 days of discussion on here. I cant wait for the sets to start popping here. Although one team would definitely get more rep because of its name. But more on that later

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Actually, not really. He showed that he couldn't be controlled when in this episode, everyone was trying to get him to do something he didn't want to do... and guess what? He didn't do it.

He's a good king, a good guy, and he's not stupid. That's the funny thing about it. He didn't choose the wrong person to marry cause he didn't realize the harm it would do. He knew the harm it would do, and just felt that he could weather it, because he would rather do what's right for his heart as opposed to what's right for the kingdom. That's not stupidity. It's just not wise.
You think he did but he didn't Breh he was slowly manipulated into choosing alicent. Remember who sent her to his chambers in a grown woman's dress the same night his wife died. Once the season ends go back and rewatch otto getting his Kris Jenner on. And Corlys had mentioned before the shipping lane problem and otto dismissed it. "The crown will compensate you" etc etc. Watch again and see Otto running all the plays from the Booth. Nothing says more how weak is Viserys that moment in episode one when the Maester came and told otto first.about the wife situation

Daps
301217200_10210546766462155_8071806480436342350_n.jpg

They going in on this fatboy usurper :pacspit:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Somehow two of my posts ended up in the Archer thread while I was posting here at 9:19 and 9:21:

That ether will be coming from Alicent in short order, Rhaenyra. I know u a Daenerys knockoff but she woulda spotted that shyt

"To allude a storm, u can either sail into it or around it, but u must never await it's coming."

Brehlaryon with the quotables. They might axe this nikka for being too smart

:dead:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
There's a superstition/folklore in the books with the throne cutting kings unworthy of it too. If its cutting you it's because you don't belong there something like that. I think a king actually dies from the chair at some point before this too (there was a Targ king who was a real POS who was fukking everything up that went out from a chair cut).
meagor

he saw his brother was p*ssy and went too far in the other direction