Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I noticed that. Most "fantasy" shows seem to have this problem.
I think the usual excuse for this type of thing is that they have access to magic, and dragons, etc., so scientific and technological advancement is held back because of it.

But these are societies that have supposedly been around for THOUSANDS of years, so you would expect that we would see more advancement than we're seeing on these shows.
im writing a book where a group of people who used to be able to use magic lost that shyt and had to turn to science and technology to make up for it.

they warring with a faction that's using runes and magic and shyt and just hit them nikkas with a nuke suddenly the world's like :damn: "wtf kinda god did this???"

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
:mjlol: The look Otto gave Coryls when Viserys chose his daughter

shoulda pimped your daughter better
NX-Eth.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Daemon was gonna flame the whole crew until she showed up :leon:

I don't think he was. He was just trying to put the fear of God in them and send them back emptyhanded. His whole plan was for the king himself to show up, probably just wanted to talk to him. After all, he's banished from King's Landing. He probably wants to apologize to his bro and get him to reconsider. He loves his brother, his brother loves him, and he does want to be heir again.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im writing a book where a group of people who used to be able to use magic lost that shyt and had to turn to science and technology to make up for it.

they warring with a faction that's using runes and magic and shyt and just hit them nikkas with a nuke suddenly the world's like :damn: "wtf kinda god did this???"
that sound like a plot from JRPG

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm surprised they kept them young in this series. They upped damn near everybody age in the original show.
They did up the ages lol. In the books, Rhaenyra is made heir when she's eight years old.

Dope episode. Felt like...well, Game Of Thrones S1. But without the sex. The plotting and scheming. I can imagine someone who prefers the latter seasons saying this was a boring ep but it was much needed set up. And clearly shyt pops off in episode 3. However I do think they should have taken some ques from GoT in terms of expanding things more, character wise. For instance Criston Cole, who will continue playing a role in the show, goes from being selected as the new KG to rounding up a mini army for the Hand Of The King. I def think it would have made sense to give him more scenes. Maybe a scene where we see him move into the White Sword Tower, where the KG reside. Perhaps a scene where he's challenged to a sparring match with a KG member to give the episode more action. Maybe he wins the fight, then faces off against the Lord Commander and gets whooped. Just to show the power dynamics.

Basically I think they need to expand this beyond just having scenes that feature Rhaenyra, Viserys, Otto, Corlys, and/or Daemon.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Same as the real world, the insane technological advancements have been a thing for less than 200 years, before that it was pretty slow, the difference between 1000 and 1200 AD might be better ships, a more efficient agricultural system, better quality metals and shyt like that but towns and cities were pretty much the same.

the last 50-60 years is more an aberration than the norm

computers really are behind what has created all these tech leaps we've seen

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like the show so far.

I hope they learned a lot from Game of Thrones.