Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I'm so glad this is good, so far. If this ends up fixing Thrones' rep and washes the bad taste of the last few seasons of GoT out of people's mouths, maybe we'll get stuff like the Blackfyre Rebellion.
i don't think we're getting blackfyre rebellion any time soon. nikkas gonna get targ fatigue by the time HotD finishes.

Also no dragons so casuals might check out.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i don't think we're getting blackfyre rebellion any time soon. nikkas gonna get targ fatigue by the time HotD finishes.

Also no dragons so casuals might check out.

that’s unfair…dragons weren’t a prevalent part of GoT until later in the series…imo what attracted viewers to GoT was the belief that “anybody could get it” as evidenced by the huge increase in viewers after the red wedding (just came across this today—viewership went up almost 50% after that)…I think a lot of folks appreciated a well-told intricate story where “no one” is safe (although we eventually came to realize some characters would be in it for the long haul)

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
that’s unfair…dragons weren’t a prevalent part of GoT until later in the series…imo what attracted viewers to GoT was the belief that “anybody could get it” as evidenced by the huge increase in viewers after the red wedding (just came across this today—viewership went up almost 50% after that)…I think a lot of folks appreciated a well-told intricate story where “no one” is safe (although we eventually came to realize some characters would be in it for the long haul)
true

I'm just saying there are more lines in westeros than the targs. Nymeria and the Rhoynar are up next allegedly.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
While that’s true, the introduction of dragons at the end of S1 was the hook. The dragons were the most important aspect of the show, with the “anyone can die” thing being second. Also such a strong cast of characters including multiple strong women.

I truly think prequels without dragons will fail. Which means the others currently being developed, like the 10,000 Ships one about Nymeria, will likely fail to get a green light. The Dance was the best prequel idea, and I’d argue the next best prequel idea would be Aegon’s Conquest.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
If it was, then folks wouldn't have been asking what your post meant. Stop playing stupid.
that was one guy asking the name of one of the main characters dawg

it's in multiple trailers including the main one

i'll be more careful in the future though. I legit ain't think it was a big spoiler like that. :hubie: