Game of Thrones ended in 2019. And GRRM still hasn't finished Winds of Winter

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Writing a massive novel isn't easy
Nah fukk that. The last novel came out in 2011. Obama was still in his first term. This shyt is ridiculous.

It’s more likely he got stuck on the story having too many plots and characters to finish.

The worst part is he left EVERY plot line in on a cliffhanger. Every character is either about to be killed or about to fight a giant world changing battle.

It would be like if Star Wars ended after Empire Strikes back or Lord of the Rings ended with Frodo getting on the boat with Sam. It’s ridiculous and shameful he hasn’t finished.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
It's boming, just wait on it

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He isn't releasing it because that ending IS how the series ends. He was consulted, he signed off on it.

If you watched the last season and were angry at how it ended, imagine having to READ that shyt. Hours and hours of your life you won't get back on that shyt.

He was trying to come up with something better but the overwhelming negative reaction broke his spirit and all his drafts just ended up being trash so he's given up. I think I even read somewhere that he's asked that his notes be destroyed upon his death.

With that said, I'm tuning in for season 2 of house of the dragon this summer :unimpressed:
Nah. The overwhelming plot points are probably the same but no way do we get their the same way.

You think Jaime Lannister after his giant redemption arc just goes back to Cersei? You think there is a giant boss battle at Winterfell that lasts all of one night? You think Stannis goes out like a bytch in the woods? You think Jon is a mopey hoe the rest of the series?

I think the main plot happens but no way we arrive at it the same way. There are major characters in the books that don’t even show up in the show. Aegon Targaryen, Lady Stoneheart, Wyman Manderly, Jon Connington, Ayanna Martell etc.

He’s struggling because the story is too big. The way the show ended was sloppy because they couldn’t figure out how to tie it together in a bunch of hour long episodes with all the actors visibly aging each season. They had to rush it. Bran was looking grown as fukk. He is a little boy in the books.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You think Jaime Lannister after his giant redemption arc just goes back to Cersei?
I always hated this change in the show because the books are clearly setting Jamie up to be the one to stop cersei. Even her prophecy said that she would be killed by her brother and she thinks it meant Tyrion, which is why she hates him, but Jamie is clearly who the prophecy meant.

The show having him go back to cersei fukked up his character arc.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
This is one of them convenient myths

GRRM didn't just give the ending he gave key major plot points. This gets glossed over because nikkas wouldn't like some of the decisions GRRM made and prefer to just blame them on D&D

D&D didn't make anything up, they just botched what was in front of them, especially with no concrete books to draw from
I believe you but I seriously doubt he has Ayra be the one that kills the Night King
that is the worst decision in the whole damn story

Last edited:

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
By the last book, I cared more for Daenerys plot in the far East than anything happening in westeros to be honest.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Someone on Reddit suggested that he’s not gonna finish the books because how the show ended was close to how he would end the story. That way people will always blame the show creators and not him.