Game of Thrones ended in 2019. And GRRM still hasn't finished Winds of Winter

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He isn't releasing it because that ending IS how the series ends. He was consulted, he signed off on it.

If you watched the last season and were angry at how it ended, imagine having to READ that shyt. Hours and hours of your life you won't get back on that shyt.

He was trying to come up with something better but the overwhelming negative reaction broke his spirit and all his drafts just ended up being trash so he's given up. I think I even read somewhere that he's asked that his notes be destroyed upon his death.

With that said, I'm tuning in for season 2 of house of the dragon this summer :unimpressed:

Nah, this isn't accurate.

He had very little to do with seasons 5-8.

He begged Weiss and Benioff to do 10 seasons. They declined.

It didn't end how or when he wanted it to.

Fred.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nikka,
full

fukk YOU
and them voices in your defective brain. Me not liking the insufferable fandom, while being a take you don't agree with don't in no way suggest that I "Got ownership" over whatever the fukk it is you got going on in that swiss hole of a thought process you here dribbling through with your always acerbic ass brand of posting. I find the fanbase insufferable that came onto this series when the show got made, and you and @Remote whinging bout the shyt proves my case.​
Tupac would shyt on this half stepping writer too.

:pacspit:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

nikka,
full

fukk YOU
and them voices in your defective brain. Me not liking the insufferable fandom, while being a take you don't agree with don't in no way suggest that I "Got ownership" over whatever the fukk it is you got going on in that swiss hole of a thought process you here dribbling through with your always acerbic ass brand of posting. I find the fanbase insufferable that came onto this series when the show got made, and you and @Remote whinging bout the shyt proves my case.​

LOL

This bussy boy mad at nothing. Typical. LOL hike ya skirt down and go sit on ya mama’s strap on and you’ll feel better.

This fakkit really upset over some damn fantasy novels. Smfh. . I can tell you have zero friends growing up

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
georgerr.gif

I hope them shyts never get released just to fukk with the insufferable fanbase and bandwagon folk that came into the fandom after Game of Thrones got made into a series. Mans was really heated about people telling him to "finish the shyts before he dies", knowing full well that folk don't give a fukk about him as a person, just his product.

Prolly sitting back getting his joint blessed by hobbit cosplayers in that thatched hut he lives in with all his hundreds of millions with them finished manuscripts decaying in his closet.​

:francis::francis: :francis:

I've had a theory for a good while now that the final books are already done, sitting in a vault somewhere, and Martin is just extending his celeb status for as long as possible.

He gets paid to travel all over, speaking sat random cons and interviews, the spotlight is always on the smallest detail of what he says hoping for a hint of his next moves, and these fans would cosplay any female you could dream up for the books or show, highborn or low, and bust out the Meereenese Knot if he lifted a pinkie.

That man is literally living the neckbeard dream. Why the heck would he stop any time soon? Would you?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
LOL

This bussy boy mad at nothing. Typical. LOL hike ya skirt down and go sit on ya mama’s strap on and you’ll feel better.

This fakkit really upset over some damn fantasy novels. Smfh. . I can tell you have zero friends growing up​

giphy.gif

The fact that you feel confident to purport this weird shyt after that weak ass neg and that even weirder comment about "ownership".
The only thing I'm upset at is the fact that I took the time to engage your odd ass (pause) on a level this derivative.
You and them voices can talk amongst ya selves, nikka.

Address_Unknown

Daps

Lowkey, I think he just got pissed off at how quickly they was plowing through the source material until they started making up their own shyt, which was evident at them last couple seasons where shyt was cobbled together so them wannabe Cohen Cacs could jump over to fukk up the already deplorable Disney Starwars shyt.
I mean, he EARNED the riches and I got absolutely no problem with him sitting back on the shyts, but he was naive as fukk if he thought a concentrated focus on his works, after he done signed over them deals, wouldn't have brought on a fervor (albeit not as BIG as it 'cause GOT was a massive sleeper hit) so intense that it would fall upon him to work at a pace greater than what he was used to in the earlies.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
He isn't releasing it because that ending IS how the series ends. He was consulted, he signed off on it.

If you watched the last season and were angry at how it ended, imagine having to READ that shyt. Hours and hours of your life you won't get back on that shyt.

He was trying to come up with something better but the overwhelming negative reaction broke his spirit and all his drafts just ended up being trash so he's given up. I think I even read somewhere that he's asked that his notes be destroyed upon his death.

With that said, I'm tuning in for season 2 of house of the dragon this summer :unimpressed:
GRRM Told them the ending but didn't tell them how the story got to that point, he basically gave them the ending and allowed them to create their own narrative to get to that point.

Nagarjuna

All Star
Daps
He might as well use a Large Language Model to finish that shyt up and collect a check:yeshrug:

The fans are gonna hate it anyway :unimpressed:

Address_Unknown

Daps
He might as well use a Large Language Model to finish that shyt up and collect a check:yeshrug:

The fans are gonna hate it anyway :unimpressed:

Would they, though?
I mean I saw the tears in real time based on how bad they botched the last two seasons, so if he were to tie all the narratives (I only watched the first season and put the books on Ice for works I preferred more) together in a more coherent conclusion which would better serve to be the preferred ending rather than whatever that train wreck was that HBO shot and shoved down the fans throats....then I think those spurned by the show might actually seek the books out (those who haven't already) and feel at peace with a properly written product instead of being left with the bullshyt that was the HBO Finale.
I'm prolly being optimistic with a strong tint of naivety, though, but still.​

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Did you know the Targayeans were supposed to be black? :krs:
No they weren't.

He said in hindsight he could've made them black, to add to their otherness.

Would've been interesting but I doubt the show would get made if he did.

Mainstream wouldn't like those optics and Daenerys being black would've lessened how the public so heavily rooted for her.