Game of Thrones ended in 2019. And GRRM still hasn't finished Winds of Winter

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GRRM Told them the ending but didn't tell them how the story got to that point, he basically gave them the ending and allowed them to create their own narrative to get to that point.
This is one of them convenient myths

GRRM didn't just give the ending he gave key major plot points. This gets glossed over because nikkas wouldn't like some of the decisions GRRM made and prefer to just blame them on D&D

D&D didn't make anything up, they just botched what was in front of them, especially with no concrete books to draw from

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think he has finished it, but has specific instructions for someone to release it after he passes on.

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show fell off a cliff immediately after it got past the books that were released. No doubt in my mind anything that GRRM wrote would have been more satisfying than the last two seasons of the show . Even the sample chapters from the non released book are high quality. As someone who read the books before the show I always felt the show was mid.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This is one of them convenient myths

GRRM didn't just give the ending he gave key major plot points. This gets glossed over because nikkas wouldn't like some of the decisions GRRM made and prefer to just blame them on D&D

D&D didn't make anything up, they just botched what was in front of them, especially with no concrete books to draw from

"This is a question frequently asked of Martin, and now even more so as we are in the final eight days of the series. And fundamentally it seems that yes, Martin has indeed shared at least large portions of his ending with showrunners so they can execute his vision of the conclusion of the series if they so choose. Here’s what he said in a recent interview with Rolling Stone when asked if he would be “surprised” by the ending:

"Well, to a degree. I mean, I think … the major points of the ending will be things that I told them, you know, five or six years ago," Martin said. "But there may also be changes, and there’ll be a lot added."

He gave them the major details about the ending, not details of how the story plays out. D&D decided to rush the ending because they were tired of the show and it resulted in a drop in the quality of the writing.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I have given up waiting for the Winds of Winter:mjcry:

His books are amazing. I have read them all three times over and watched the HBO series twice.

I know the last book is not coming and I have made peace with it :sadcam:
Hopefully he has written most of it and have something in place he passes away. He old as hell fr.