Gable Steveson Thread: Signed to the Buffalo Bills…and cut before the season started

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Having his first match against Corbin is an awful decision
Why do you think that?
Baron Corbin is safe and he does a good job of making his opponents look legit. I think that Baron will going to bump & sell very well for Gable, and Gable will be better off for it.
That being said, I think Corbin will win via shenanigans and Gable will win the rematch & their rubber match.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why do you think that?
Baron Corbin is safe and he does a good job of making his opponents look legit. I think that Baron will going to bump & sell very well for Gable, and Gable will be better off for it.
That being said, I think Corbin will win via shenanigans and Gable will win the rematch & their rubber match.

I think Gable needs to face someone he can throw around and look impressive while doing it. In NXT he should be making highlight reels for when he actually debuts. A competitive match against a big guy should happen against a star on a real PPV. I can’t remember the last time someone looked good against Corbin, Mcafee had an awful match against him

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I think Gable needs to face someone he can throw around and look impressive while doing it. In NXT he should be making highlight reels for when he actually debuts. A competitive match against a big guy should happen against a star on a real PPV. I can’t remember the last time someone looked good against Corbin, Mcafee had an awful match against him
I think that's another vote for Corbin. Gable easily suplexing a man of Corbin's size would definitely be impressive looking, right?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think that's another vote for Corbin. Gable easily suplexing a man of Corbin's size would definitely be impressive looking, right?

I’ve yet to see Corbin ever do that, he’s almost 40 and beat up so I expect a regular Corbin match with a move at the end. It’s not gonna kill Gable off but if he can’t talk then what he’s doing in the ring has to be even more exciting. I expected him to face like Fraser or Noam Dar who’s gonna make Steveson look like a killer

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I’ve yet to see Corbin ever do that, he’s almost 40 and beat up so I expect a regular Corbin match with a move at the end. It’s not gonna kill Gable off but if he can’t talk then what he’s doing in the ring has to be even more exciting. I expected him to face like Fraser or Noam Dar who’s gonna make Steveson look like a killer
Nah. What will make Gable look like a killer is him picking apart a man much larger than him. Whether or not Gable can talk has nothing to do with his performance in tomorrow's match; but if he can't cut a promo, then he can always be paired with a manager.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nah. What will make Gable look like a killer is him picking apart a man much larger than him. Whether or not Gable can talk has nothing to do with his performance in tomorrow's match; but if he can't cut a promo, then he can always be paired with a manager.
I feel many always sleep on pairing wrestlers with a manager. Unsure who is that guy in WWE at the moment, but I think it's best for Gable Steveson to have a manager because he does seem green on the mic from what i've seen

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I feel many always sleep on pairing wrestlers with a manager. Unsure who is that guy in WWE at the moment, but I think it's best for Gable Steveson to have a manager because he does seem green on the mic from what i've seen
I think they want him as a face. Do faces even have managers anymore? Who should they put with him as a face? Kurt Angle?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Managers used to be an essential.

Then at some point Vince apparently decided it wasn’t worth the money to have a talent on the payroll if they weren’t a wrestler or had other backstage roles, like Paul Heyman.

That kind of killed the idea of a manager throughout the industry for a long time.

In my opinion, it’s really hamstrung careers for people who can go in the ring but aren’t worth a shyt on the mic. Sure, it’s ideal to have someone that can do both, but reality is that a lot are only good at one.

Like look at someone like Roman, Lesnar, Undertaker, Kane. Chances are they would have never gotten to the level they were if they didn’t have Heyman and Paul Bearer.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think they want him as a face. Do faces even have managers anymore? Who should they put with him as a face? Kurt Angle?
I think Kurt Angle could work well if he's willing to do that. I think an underrated manager who could work as a face would be Regal since he's back with the company. I think the issue is the manager role has been reduced in wrestling and the industry doesn't really produce talent for that role anymore.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I think Kurt Angle could work well if he's willing to do that. I think an underrated manager who could work as a face would be Regal since he's back with the company. I think the issue is the manager role has been reduced in wrestling and the industry doesn't really produce talent for that role anymore.
You can honestly just go to a restaurant in LA and Hollywood, ask which waiters and waitresses are aspiring actors, then hire them off the floor to be a manager.

And they would be better at the acting/talking than 99% of the wrestling industry would be.

Then just throw them in NXT for a while to learn the wrestling industry.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I think Cody Rhodes was the last big time babyface to have a manager.
Kurt Angle is a good choice. If Gable is going to be presented as "legitimate" wrestler, then Kurt could be his Arnold Skaaland.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

have him be the "equalizer" in a feud where the Alpha Academy are being outnumbered and need to call in backup

he can be the singles star of the group and Chad Gable can do most of the talking for him/them. Chad and Otis's personality can help balance out how bland Steveson seems (so far anyways)

chad-gable-chad-gable-thank-you.gif

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
have him be the "equalizer" in a feud where the Alpha Academy are being outnumbered and need to call in backup

he can be the singles star of the group and Chad Gable can do most of the talking for him/them. Chad and Otis's personality can help balance out how bland Steveson seems (so far anyways)

chad-gable-chad-gable-thank-you.gif
Is AA faces now? I haven't been following. I was gonna suggest CG.