Gable Steveson Thread: Signed to the Buffalo Bills…and cut before the season started

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
You're missing my point. None of those names are people you can make the face of the company or build a division around. They had better success with the OVW/FCW method.
My point is you literally cannot make that determination based on the people theyve been recruiting since changing their practices a year and a half ago because we haven't seen most of them yet and the ones we have seen are in their early stages. Also Bron Breakker is a homegrown talent who quite literally has been placed in the position to be the guy they build around for NXT and for the future.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
My point is you literally cannot make that determination based on the people theyve been recruiting since changing their practices a year and a half ago because we haven't seen most of them yet and the ones we have seen are in their early stages. Also Bron Breakker is a homegrown talent who quite literally has been placed in the position to be the guy they build around for NXT and for the future.

Breh, they have been recruiting athletes fresh out of college since the mid-2010s. They just switched to college kids through NIL a year and a half ago. It's the same thing in principle.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Bron going to have to start cutting better promos if they want to build anything around him on main roster

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Former Gophers national champion Brock Lesnar continues to dominate the WWE scene but he may soon have some University of Minnesota company in sports entertainment. Two-time national champion and Olympic gold medalist Gable Steveson continues his training in WWE and is eager to make his in-ring debut.

“I want to go out there on tv. I want to be the person people thought I was and I don’t want any doubt in my mind that I’m not,” Steveson told KSTP Sports Director Joe Schmit. Steveson made an appearance at Wrestlemania 38 but hasn’t had his first televised match yet. He continues to train at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. “I’m getting the hang of doing everything the correct way – landing right, match psychology, everything in between. I’m flourishing and hopefully they see it, too.”

The WWE is filled with showmen but that’s not something you see everyday in the amateur ranks. Steveson changed that a bit with his trademark backflip after winning big matches. “I’m excited because people haven’t really seen the real Gable because amateur wrestling kind of shelves a portion because we’re used to guys being disciplined.”

While professional wrestling is his future, Steveson hasn’t put amateur wrestling completely behind him either. Steveson recently returned to amateur wrestling dominating his three matches at the U.S. Open Wrestling Championships in Las Vegas. The 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris are not out of the question but he’d need approval from the WWE.

“They’ve approved the fact that I can chase a couple tournaments,” Steveson said. “I think time will tell the Olympics story. Who knows because it’s a year away but I think we’re in good strides to make that progression.”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Have him come in and talk about his pedigree and how he doesn’t need a gimmick. How he’s using his real name and he’s not a loser like some of the other guys. Total elite heel attitude

Feed him Riccochet in 50/50 stand-off booking and then have him dominate the matches.

Rinse and repeat with another gimmicky style mid card face

And then he’s just kinda around until Royal Rumble. Seems easy :yeshrug:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Have him come in and talk about his pedigree and how he doesn’t need a gimmick. How he’s using his real name and he’s not a loser like some of the other guys. Total elite heel attitude

Feed him Riccochet in 50/50 stand-off booking and then have him dominate the matches.

Rinse and repeat with another gimmicky style mid card face
You mean like how they did with Brock? That formula won't work. They knew they had something with Brock when he was still in OVW. He impressed them so much they brought him to the main roster early.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
You mean like how they did with Brock? That formula won't work. They knew they had something with Brock when he was still in OVW. He impressed them so much they brought him to the main roster early.

Will work
Won’t work
I dunno bro, it’s better than doing absolutely nothing, right?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Gable Steveson has been training for a WWE debut since he signed with the company back in 2021. It had been reported last year that Steveson wasn’t progressing at a level that WWE officials liked and the company was “cold” on him.

In the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Steveson is starting to do better with his training. Steveson is said to be “picking things up” and the belief is that he will “end up better than a lot of people originally thought.”

Steveson has been making appearances in WWE NXT for the past couple of weeks.

Some of the :mjpls: posts in this thread won't age well.