FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
giphy.gif

What a wonderful ending!!! I'm so glad things came together for Earn I'm also glad him & Vann working things out. Their realionship is a more realistic relationship goals I want & think I can get.
:snoop: stop striving for a corny relationship goal and get ya money up
the thirst to look for a partner..shyt is corny

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Damn...we got no payoff from:

The shooting in the first 2 episodes
Darius' puppy money
Van getting fired
Paperboi being a suspect in the club shooting
Dudes looking to kill Paperboi

and the season still ended alright :wow:

Too add to this

- We still need to know who the dude in the pink suit was that came looking for paperboy
- The white woman who thought earn was some other cat is a still a mystery

So hope we get some fall through. The one hint we got that things will start changing for everyone next season is the fact that Paperboy is going on tour with another rapper. Should be good.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A strong end to a really good season, loved the opening scenes, how it weaves through various aspects of Earn (and our lives) in various times, the sorta friends house from couch surfing, the strip club, with your homies, those kind of bleary hung over days, lost in the weed smoke, and kind of watching the hours pass by in a haze of ambivalence and regret....The jarring violence, (which was a little heavy handed, imo, it would be rare for that to go down that way) good job with the tension, and action sequences, I thought it all worked. The closing notes were well done, I feel like I've spent so much of my life on laying down, alone, listening to music, or just my thoughts, counting money, and thinking of my next move.....

Not in a storage locker though...In like 7th grade I was playing in a basketball league, and I remember going with my Dad to pick up a jersey or whatever, and I'm looking around at a couch, DVD's on a shelf, and he's like '"Yeah, I just figured cheaper to live here after the divorce....I got everything in here" I was :laff: but looking at my Dad like I have to listen to this wierdo tell at practice...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I figured it had to be something special for Earn to be looking for that jacket like that :wow:. I thought it might be something related to his daughter or Vann, but didn't realize how bad the struggle was for Earn :sadcam:.

Perfect song choice to close out the season and the episode.

Overall the show did a great job in capturing some of the most realest shyt I've seen on TV, while also not being afraid to go surreal at the same time. I never knew exactly where each episode was headed or what note they would land on.

Been a fan of Donald Glover since Community days, but the show was a great introduction to the actors who played Vann, Paper Boi, and Darius. I hope we can an episode next season largely from Darius' perspective, I can only imagine how :pachaha:it would be.