FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I think this season was real good for developing layers to the the characters so that when they really do get some type of storyline going it'll be that much better. But people need to realize this is a sitcom. It's not supposed by like Breaking Bad or some shyt with full blown story archs and intricate plots and shyt.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm just going by what I've seen.. obviously I'm not the only one who feels the same way
Breh would deadass have to be mentally challenged to set up so many things and not go anywhere with it

That being said if you're going by what you've seen then you already know they try to pace it like how it would happen in real life, this isn't Walter White going from teacher to drug lord in one season.....shyt this show isnt even set up to be a drama plot heavy story lile that so idk why so many people are going into it with that mindset

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Breh would deadass have to be mentally challenged to set up so many things and not go anywhere with it

That being said if you're going by what you've seen then you already know they try to pace it like how it would happen in real life, this isn't Walter White going from teacher to drug lord in one season.....shyt this show isnt even set up to be a drama plot heavy story lile that so idk why so many people are going into it with that mindset
That's why I said if the 2nd season is like this I can see ppl getting annoyed.. I said this was a cool first season or w.e ... u act like I said the shyt was wack

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That's why I said if the 2nd season is like this I can see ppl getting annoyed.. I said this was a cool first season or w.e ... u act like I said the shyt was wack
Nah im saying i havent seen anything suggesting that he's that stupid to waste a 2nd season doing nothing with the plot, what did you ser that makes you think he would do that.

it doesnt matter to me whether u like the show or not im just wondering about your thought process about them possibly wasting the 2nd season

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

OMG Van looked so fine tonight, she usually look just aight...but tonight :whew::whew:
After getting the loot, having Van looking so right on the couch....I can't lie brehs...

If that was me I might have tried to get her pregnant again right then and there. :wow:

She was practically ready and wanted him to stay.

Last edited:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Nah im saying i havent seen anything suggesting that he's that stupid to waste a 2nd season doing nothing with the plot, what did you ser that makes you think he would do that.

it doesnt matter to me whether u like the show or not im just wondering about your thought process about them possibly wasting the 2nd season
I never said they were going to waste the 2nd season.. I just said I can see ppl stop watching the show if it's anything like the 1st season as far as nothing progressing.. i don't see what u don't understand...

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
i'm starting to think all these subplots don't even matter in the grand scheme of things. I think donald glover already knows how the whole series is gonna play out. I got a feeling dude is gonna die in the series finale. he's gonna come up, make it. move on to the family life and finally be happy. and then it all gets taken away. that's just my gut feeling:yeshrug:.....to show how all these lives lost in the hood aren't just numbers....it's real people living real lives. fathers, brothers, sisters just trying to survive and get better.

The series does a great job of balancing comedy and drama. when they were in the car waiting for his jacket it felt like they were gonna get shot up at any moment. it's crazy how the show can go from gut wrenching comedy one moment to legit suspense the very next. this is some great television.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
giphy.gif

What a wonderful ending!!! I'm so glad things came together for Earn I'm also glad him & Vann working things out. Their realionship is a more realistic relationship goals I want & think I can get.