FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figured it had to be something special for Earn to be looking for that jacket like that :wow:. I thought it might be something related to his daughter or Vann, but didn't realize how bad the struggle was for Earn :sadcam:.

Perfect song choice to close out the season and the episode.

Overall the show did a great job in capturing some of the most realest shyt I've seen on TV, while also not being afraid to go surreal at the same time. I never knew exactly where each episode was headed or what note they would land on.

Been a fan of Donald Glover since Community days, but the show was a great introduction to the actors who played Vann, Paper Boi, and Darius. I hope we can an episode next season largely from Darius' perspective, I can only imagine how :pachaha:it would be.
actor who plays paper boi is black excellence at its finest. breh went to morehouse and yale. :wow:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Wasnt a goddamn thing funny about the beginning of this episode

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Great Finale..

Till 2nd Season Ep 1 Brehs...
full

giphy.gif

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What was the meaning the "contradictions" talk in the opening segment. "I know you but I don't know you". Then the stripper woman in describing that the girl who might have his jacket. From her hair, skin color, butt, breasts. It was sorta the "big but not really big" talk.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Paper boi going on tour season 2

uWzdS32.gif

Season 2 - 2018 :mjcry:

Dope episode though - initially started out looking like Earn was gonna take L after L but it was good to see him racking up the wins second half of the ep. The scene with Earn making dinner for Van and Lottie with Badu playing was dope - with all the drama they've had through the season it was cool to see them be able to chill out and just be a family

Funniest part of the ep:

Darius: "That's black people's number 1 problem - they don't know how to have fun":dame:
Earn: "I really disagree with that being black people's number 1 problem":beli:

:russ:

Daps
I cried, sobbed, at how this ended. I have lived Ern's life. I still sorta do. I will be rewatching all the episodes this weekend because that season was great. Jesus, I'm still crying. This show captures the reality of 'going for it' like nothing I've ever seen on television.

I generally hate tv. It can't keep my attention. However, this show has entertained and inspired. I'll watch this for 100 seasons after it jumps the shark off the strength of these first ten episodes.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
nvat1gaet1sqcycnjgtq.gif

Erykah :blessed:

(Can't remember the name of the song rn tho)

Breh....you could've stayed with Van :mjcry:

Some people isolate themselves to regroup and work out their problems. It's easier to focus on your grind and hustle when you don't have distractions and certain comforts

He's choosing to be alone in a storage room with all of his own baggage instead of continuing to be a burden on everyone around him :wow:

We'll see if he's built to muscle the struggle........in about 14-18 months :mjcry:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell of an ending. I was expecting a big joke once they revealed what was in the jacket. Something was off though seeing how Earn progressively went into depression the further away he got from retrieving the jacket. He tried to get whatever was in there off of a dead man. It seemed funny at the time but in retrospect :wow:

PB paying him his first manager fee. Only 5% though :mjgrin:. He didn't have to give him that but you know he did it (plus overpaid him) because he could tell Earn was going through something that hopefully money could fix. PB's good dude.

I loved when they got up from the couch and Earn gave Darius a playful push. It was subtle but showed how he went from wondering why this weirdo was hanging around his cousin to finding a friend :mjcry:

Ern giving Van most of the money and only keeping the bare minimum he needs to get by:salute:. Did he only keep enough money to pay for the storage space for two months? If they're in July that means he's counting on the puppy money to come to him in September :ohhh:

Van just wants to get closer to Earn but doesn't know why he keeps moving away from her :to:

Earny Rock :russ:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Legs :whew:
source.gif

:noah:
source.gif

Epic season :blessed: