FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
This man was a writer and story editor for 30 Rock :mjlol:
He wasnt running the show tho. This show is his. This is his vision and the complete story is up to him which is new to him. And this show isnt an outright comedy like 30 rock so its different in how it should be treated.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
word? how? break it down for me:jbhmm:
You know how its lame to females for males over 23 ish to always be talking getting this hoe and that hoe...its also corny AF to always be talking about phony ass relationship goals putting up pictures of bey and jay n shyt... 99% of these hoes if they was bey woulda never gave Jay the time of the day, esp if he was some nikka working a reg ass job:camby:

shyts corny, posting memes on fb all day about "good woman this" and "good woman that"... :camby: go get ya money up or read a book or something sheesh thirsty ass

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I agree. Overall this was an ok season nothing too interesting. It has no direction in my opinion like they weren't sure it would continue for another season or something. So many loose ends. I don't know which one of yall said it but that was fukking brilliant and I swear some of us should have been writers but one of yall said the gun from the first episode should have been in the jacket and that Ern pulled the trigger and that would be something.
when did we start watching TV shows as if they were movies?

TV shows dont have to solve every problem at the end of a season. Cosby Show never did that. Fresh Prince. Martin, Seinfeld. ER. The Office. 30 Rock. And many more shows.

I really dont understand how you all watch TV in 2016 with the need for closure each season. Its so bizarre to me.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas want a payoff

TV shows dont have to solve every problem at the end of a season. Cosby Show never did that. Fresh Prince. Martin, Seinfeld. ER. The Office. 30 Rock. And many more shows.

I really dont understand how you all watch TV in 2016 with the need for closure each season. Its so bizarre to me.

Also, this show has a similar structure to Louie. Another surrealist comedy with minimal progression if any plot progression.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps

Those shows u mentioned are comedies and i dont view this show as an outright conedy so i was expecting something different.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You know how its lame to females for males over 23 ish to always be talking getting this hoe and that hoe...its also corny AF to always be talking about phony ass relationship goals putting up pictures of bey and jay n shyt... 99% of these hoes if they was bey woulda never gave Jay the time of the day, esp if he was some nikka working a reg ass job:camby:

shyts corny, posting memes on fb all day about "good woman this" and "good woman that"... :camby: go get ya money up or read a book or something sheesh thirsty ass
nikka will you stop being miserable already :notithes:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I love this show.:mjgrin:

The unhelpful ass bouncer :mjlol:

Stripper descriptions :lolbron:

Free Chicken Sandwich Day, nikka :blessed:

"Lemme find out Ja Rule was really a dog, all this time" :deadmanny:

It broke my heart that Earn calls a storage unit home, but I wonder if that little $200 he saved won't become the beginning of something special.:mjcry:

Earn's personal growth from being desperate and completely ass out at the beginning of the season, to seemingly having a sense of hope and having Van believe in him again is just :wow:

Disney making us wait a year + for season 2 though:francis:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:russ: That first scene when Earn woke up and was walking down the block past them folks in cow outfits was my street. I saw when they was filming that shyt back in the summer. Seen a bunch of folks standing outside in chick fil a suits and was like "WTF". I thought they was filming a commercial or something. Defoors & Collier!!! We global now bytches!!! :mjlol:

Side note- but for real tho I love this fukking show. D Glover a fukking genius. Can't wait to see where he gonna take his career in the years to come