FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Gotta get caught up reading this thread and hearing good things from couple bartenders in neighborhood they were putting show over like a million bucks.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This is a pretty perfect episode, in it's depiction of the cross section elements of the club.....I have a good friend who reminds me of that club owner/promoter, dude was a promoter like 8 years ago, and hasn't been officially employed by a company since like 2009, but he still acts exactly as if he is. He knows a lot of the club crowd, bouncers, DJ, club owners, so he's always pulling scams and schemes, taking money off the top to get a 'deal' on a table....He's infamous in our circle of friends for that kind of shyt, he once charged me $20 to get on a party bus, he ordered, for my closest friends birthday, that was probably his profit for the con. He pulls me aside as I'm getting off like 'Hey, I gotta pay this guy, you got $20 right"? I was laughing so hard, I just pulled out a roll and threw him the bill.

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
I can't decide if Darius or Paperboi is the best character on this show.

paperboi got the facial expressions but Darus just exudes all kinds of "i don't give a fukk" which is hilarious to me.
It's a tie it's like Huey and Riley freeman they carry episodes off what and how they do things but can't say I prefer one or the other

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'll be honest....this show is a B/B- at max.

The directing is good, but the story line isn't going anywhere. Its a bunch of short vignettes with marginally more "culturally aware" tropes.
AmusedHarmfulHuia.0.gif

The way Darrius told the bouncer, "this is meaningless" and next thing u know he's at home eating cereal playing video games :russ:
Dude was playing zoo tyc00n:dead: