FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
on some real shyt brehs, this series is great entertainment for most of us cause its the life most of us live and gives us something to reflect and relate on cause it truly captures the black experience.
However, taking a step back an looking at retrospectively ATLANTA really depicts how depressing and tough the black American experience can be. :mjcry:

- Episode 1: Crabs in the bucket, when ol buddy kicked off Paperboi's headlights, just straight up hating. :smh:
- Episode 2: the entire jail sequence, and how easy it is for nikkas to get locked over bullshyt and how processing is one giant hustle that feeds off blacks.
- Episode 3: Dealing with young broken families
- Episode 4: Social media bullshyt and certain hood conditions.
- Episode 5: dealing with the many different levels of racism and CACs in general from slick racist comments, to straight up culture appropriation.
- Episode 6: how empty most women's lives are. And the pitfalls of trying to have a lil fun while trying to keep a straight edge job.
- Episode 7: The whole trans agenda and how folks want to piggyback off our struggle to promote their own, yet don't show us the same empathy
- Episode 8: The several pitfalls associated to the club scene from fraudulent IG thots, to shady promoters, to bouncers front to the inevitable gun shots.

This show does a great job of showing our pain without making so obvious while at the same time not making light of the situation. Pure Brilliance. :whew:

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DJ: "We got a surprise in the house! Marcus Miles, Atlanta Hawks point guard..."

Crowd: :ohhh::wow::blessed::lawd::banderas:

DJ: "Oh yeah, oh yeah ... and, we got my nikka *reads off of a sheet* ... Paper Boi! Paper Boi is in the house! Make some noise!"
Crowd: :ld:
Paper Boi: :beli:

Young Dro: "Car ain't got no roof..."
Darius: :stylin:

source.gif

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DJ: "We got a surprise in the house! Marcus Miles, Atlanta Hawks point guard..."

Crowd: :ohhh::wow::blessed::lawd::banderas:

DJ: "Oh yeah, oh yeah ... and, we got my nikka *reads off of a sheet* ... Paper Boi! Paper Boi is in the house! Make some noise!"
Crowd: :ld:
Paper Boi: :beli:

Young Dro: "Car ain't got no roof..."
Darius: :stylin:
Darius dancing reminded me one of Chappelle's skit characters, had me :dead: