FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Daps
the episode was funny

:whoa:

but am i the only nikka who feels like they ran out of a solid storyline ?

first we get a whole show about the babymoms

now we get this ??

:dahell:

nikkas was invested in the story

:shaq2:
Many have expressed that sentiment and I feel you. But have you watched "clapping for the wrong reasons"? Did you listen to STN MTN? like it or not, the people behind this have been consistent in a universe. It's surreal more than satire, so I understand the response. I'm not hating or even tryna make it deep, just saying that it makes more sense when you look at it as total fiction than a show for 'us'. It's a show for them.

Daps
Maybe it's because I make my bread as an entertainer but...

We not gon give Earn props for using that Princeton potential and new connections to prove he can be a good manager? shyt, I wish I had an agent like that. Dude has everything to lose.

And he out here investing in the culture and his family. His self interest withstanding, Earn is sick with it. He is the one dealing with swallowing his pride while baby mama lies and the rapper...well, raps.

Knowing when to lie and taking the risk... Plus rolling with the punches. His character, in the long run, must die or become corrupt.

shyt, looking at the pilot? This might be an occurrence at owl creek bridge.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Maybe it's because I make my bread as an entertainer but...

We not gon give Earn props for using that Princeton potential and new connections to prove he can be a good manager? shyt, I wish I had an agent like that. Dude has everything to lose.

And he out here investing in the culture and his family. His self interest withstanding, Earn is sick with it. He is the one dealing with swallowing his pride while baby mama lies and the rapper...well, raps.

Knowing when to lie and taking the risk... Plus rolling with the punches. His character, in the long run, must die or become corrupt.

shyt, looking at the pilot? This might be an occurrence at owl creek bridge.
breh, he dropped out/kicked out and didnt tell anyone what happened.

Earn is an a$$hole. We giving him props by watching the show wanting to see more of him, but he the biggest a$$hole on the show. His parents dont fukk with him, and Alfred didnt either. Van been supporting that dude despite everyone else turning their backs on him.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ct5FntBx.png

What's wrong with this show :laff:
Yo man that "You're drinking it wrong" had/has me dying at work.
:dead:

Daps
breh, he dropped out/kicked out and didnt tell anyone what happened.

Earn is an a$$hole. We giving him props by watching the show wanting to see more of him, but he the biggest a$$hole on the show. His parents dont fukk with him, and Alfred didnt either. Van been supporting that dude despite everyone else turning their backs on him.
I see that. But he doesn't hustle or fukk anyone over. He's self serving but not confused or caught up. I personally think that's admirable.

He accepts his flaws and makes people better. No other character does that but Darius. And in Shakespearean tradition, the fool is a hero as he mimics the main protagonist.

I say thank God for Earn. :manny:

Paper boi was sitting on mad songs still worried about weed a few weeks ago. Van fukked up. Earn stepped up as a reprieve to Van and was there early to handle his fatherly duty. He's doing great and taking the risk that almost none of us want to take, for better or worse.

Edit: but yes... He is an a$$hole. No lie.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I see that. But he doesn't hustle or fukk anyone over. He's self serving but not confused or caught up. I personally think that's admirable.

He accepts his flaws and makes people better. No other character does that but Darius. And in Shakespearean tradition, the fool is a hero as he mimics the main protagonist.

I say thank God for Earn. :manny:

Paper boi was sitting on mad songs still worried about weed a few weeks ago. Van fukked up. Earn stepped up as a reprieve to Van and was there early to handle his fatherly duty. He's doing great and taking the risk that almost none of us want to take, for better or worse.

Edit: but yes... He is an a$$hole. No lie.
im not sure thats actually true.

And I dont think he is taking a risk at all. He isnt doing anything.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You think he's making things worse?
don't think he has made anyones life really better, so far.

Alfred still selling drugs, for instance. Not saying he won't, but you putting that out in the air too early.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I feel this episode should have been cut and placed into other episodes as topical humor/satire, but as a episode that stands alone it came off like a fukking sketch show rather than an episode of the series Atlanta that we had been watching.

Glover needs to give a call to Larry Wilmore and ask him, ie cut that check, to come on board and show them how to create a show that has proper focused direction and how to write what they want to, but maintain the voice/tone of the show they started with, because it seems to me that they don't know how.