FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
the episode was funny

:whoa:

but am i the only nikka who feels like they ran out of a solid storyline ?

first we get a whole show about the babymoms

now we get this ??

:dahell:

nikkas was invested in the story

:shaq2:
Yep the show seems to have gone off track....how many episodes left? Hopefully it's get reigned in within the next few episodes because I'd like to see where the plot was going

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
the episode was funny

now we get this ??

Yeah the last 2 shows shoulda been filler episodes for next season. They kinda lost me now.

Season 1 should be entirely focused on Ern

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A black man who thinks he is a 35 year old white man aint tolerant of anyone else because he think he is a white man brehs:ohhh:
That part also hits on how a lot of these so-called progressives/activists are only out for themselves/the group they claim and could care less about other marginalized groups. The nuance here is incredible

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the episode was funny

now we get this ??

The episode with Van does fit into the storyline though.

We saw her:
  1. Defend the fukk out of Earn, confirming that she really does care for him
  2. Lose her source of income, as the only one bringing in consistent income and providing housing,
  3. Lose her job over some dumb shyt, meaning despite her ways of getting on Earn for not being responsible, she can be on dumb shyt too
  4. Lose her job and not tell Earn about it
Donald said he wanted the pace of the show to feel like living in Atlanta, just on some everyday type of shyt.

This isn't gonna be like Entourage where every episode something "major" happens like getting a role in a movie, finishing a movie, filming a commercial, firing an agent, fukking some new singer, etc.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The episode with Van does fit into the storyline though.

We saw her:
  1. Defend the fukk out of Earn, confirming that she really does care for him
  2. Lose her source of income, as the only one bringing in consistent income and providing housing,
  3. Lose her job over some dumb shyt, meaning despite her ways of getting on Earn for not being responsible, she can be on dumb shyt too
  4. Lose her job and not tell Earn about it
Donald said he wanted the pace of the show to feel like living in Atlanta, just on some everyday type of shyt.

This isn't gonna be like Entourage where every episode something "major" happens like getting a role in a movie, finishing a movie, filming a commercial, firing an agent, fukking some new singer, etc.
very well put.

I think streaming and the rise of HBO/Starz/Showtime TV shows and Shonda TV has really got people lost on how a season of TV can be. IT doesnt need explosions every episode to move the plot line. The lats episode was more on the plot of the show than the Justin Bieber episode, imo.