FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm not gonna jump on the "he hates black women" bandwagon, but that "black women weren't checking for me" shyt is a copout. I know waaaay too many types of black women for black male celebs to keep getting away with this bullshyt excuse/line. I'm pretty sure they (black male celebs) were the type to want to chase after chicks like draya, blacc chyna, and all the other bad bytches around the way or on campus and gave no play to the quirky black chicks, the nerds, the quiet ones, the level headed ones who weren't about putting themselves out there. Them using that excuse is as silly as black women talking they can't find a good black man when all they want is the flyest, most flossin, big nikka around the way, "look at me" type dudes
A possible different viewpoint, could it be ease and accessibility of getting with non-black women. I know for me for instance in high school the black women that threw themselves at me were the ratchets which I had no interest in. I was always more into the nerdy/bookworm type of girls. There were a lot more non-black women like that in my school and they were usually a lot more forward about trying to get at me than black girls with similar personalities. I lucked up and found me a black woman at the type that was more my type but if I never met her I may have given in and went for the non-black women.

The same insecurity nerdy/quirky black men have about not being black enough or not feeling like they fit in nerdy/quirky black women also have that same insecurity which often manifests itself in feeling like you're not wanted by black men or women which leads to being less forward. Most men go for the sure thing and don't want to put work into really searching for women so they go with what comes easy to them.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tracy was thinking wtf you holding interviews for then tell me yall dont have any positions lmao.
As funny as it is, this show is low key depressing. Maybe its because I grew up in this type of environment and know people who still dont have a pot to piss in but make it work somehow day to day. Show should be called, "the struggle".

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Tracy was thinking wtf you holding interviews for then tell me yall dont have any positions lmao.
As funny as it is, this show is low key depressing. Maybe its because I grew up in this type of environment and know people who still dont have a pot to piss in but make it work somehow day to day. Show should be called, "the struggle".

I was thinking the same thing about this show and The chi. I lived in both Chicago and Atlanta these shows are not good depictions of the cities. But just the struggle (we as black people) goes thru every day. Especially growing up.

These same show can be made in any area in this country. Prime example:Snowfall

All in all I love these shows

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That shyt is real life. They might not tell you in your face, but it’s real life shyt.
exactly, and thats why i went on to say how depressing it is. you know it, i know it, those white folks who might sit down and enjoy the show wont be able to relate. Like you said, they might not tell you to your face like that in real life. They just wont call you back and tell you to pull yourself up by the bootstraps like everyone else.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
exactly, and thats why i went on to say how depressing it is. you know it, i know it, those white folks who might sit down and enjoy the show wont be able to relate. Like you said, they might not tell you to your face like that in real life. They just wont call you back and tell you to pull yourself up by the bootstraps like everyone else.

Exactly.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Ern starting to be true fukk nikka in my eyes after coming up on 4 bands and not giving a penny to his daughter before fukking it off.

At first I thought he was a stubborn but smart brotha going through a rough patch in life, but now I see his decision making and mindset is absolutely horrid.

yeah, that was truly idiotic. even if he would have turned that 4K into 8K in mall credit, that ain't gonna put no roof over his kid's head or help pay some of that rent. definitely a clown move.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I don't waste my time with those streaming sites cuz they always end up getting burnt up. I have FX, but I prefer to download the show to skip all the commercials. plug a flash drive in my tv, and I'm good to go.

I got sling tv

But either run movies/tv/nba games on my ps4.