FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I don' think he robbed him. I think he was saying give me 4k you will end up in 8k in swipes. All stores ain' got that no chase policy. The cards going bad isn't uncommon.

The card scam is that they reprogram a standard Visa/MC/Amex gift card to actually be linked to someone's random bank credit or checking account. Soon as you start using it, the charge shows up to that person's bank and the bank might freeze it if it's a large amount and/or from an odd location or the person might catch it if they actively monitor their own account. So there's a short window to use it, but, until someone freezes the account, just looks like you're spending regular Visa gift cards.

And Tracy probably uses the cards for places w/o no chase policies, where things are locked up for food, etc...
Y'all both falling for the scam. If someone is running a credit scam where they are stealing money out of other ppl's bank account then why do they need your cash?

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all both falling for the scam. If someone is running a credit scam where they are stealing money out of other ppl's bank account then why do they need your cash?
They not stealing money out accounts smh. they are taking credit cards and buying gift cards and selling them.

Why the hell would you need gift cards if you could just get cash out an account. You steal credit and sell it for half off on the streets. So 1k Wal-Mart cards for 500. So now the thief has 500 cash. And the dude looking for the come up has 1k worth of shyt. Durag guy just the middle man

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They not stealing money out accounts smh. they are taking credit cards and buying gift cards and selling them.

Why the hell would you need gift cards if you could just get cash out an account. You steal credit and sell it for half off on the streets. So 1k Wal-Mart cards for 500. So now the thief has 500 cash. And the dude looking for the come up has 1k worth of shyt. Durag guy just the middle man
Bro listen to yourself. That is a ponzi scheme. You're the one getting scammed, not Walmart.

They are taking credit cards (someone's money) BUYING gift cards (putting money into Walmart) and selling the cards for cash.

There is no money doubling lol. It's a slight of hand trick. They don't need your cash to double the money. They need your cash for themselves. The credit card has already secured the funds needed for the scam.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Bro listen to yourself. That is a ponzi scheme. You're the one getting scammed, not Walmart.

They are taking credit cards (someone's money) BUYING gift cards (putting money into Walmart) and selling the cards for cash.

There is no money doubling lol. It's a slight of hand trick. They don't need your cash to double the money. They need your cash for themselves. The credit card has already secured the funds needed for the scam.

True

That scam been around for a good while.

Amazon gift cards
:banderas:

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Breh c'mon now. I don't think you are thinking this all the way through. Let's just say breh actually went and spent all them cards before they burnt out

Follow me, nikkas that actually steal credit cards/identity in bulk want to get money fast. So they buy gift cards and sell them discounted. The only ones getting fleeced here in the end are the store, credit card company and the person who's identity got stolen. They know the cards can go bad or someone can get caught in the store buying shyt and they don't want to be that dude at all. Nor sitting on $8,000 worth of 4k tvs.,ps4s, Jordan's or other bullshyt.

So they keep a couple durags type dudes looking to move them for say 40-50% of the store value for actual cash without the hassle.

Durag dude /middleman says" hey I got the hook up on cards /goods. I can you get you 8k worth of shyt from best buy right for 4000. (I can double your money )realistically he's probably getting them for $3500 or something

So the last dude is basically hit with the pressure being greedy/fleeced.

He could walk right in best buy and leave with 8k worth of shyt. What he does here is whether or not the money will actually double. He can get on Craigslist /eBay ect and list shyt like brand new in box 4k 55' Samsung and hope that he gets close to the store price until everything is gone.

Or he can just keep everything and look like he dropped 8k :takedat: it' not a literal double but who's counting :mjgrin:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh c'mon now. I don't think you are thinking this all the way through. Let's just say breh actually went and spent all them cards before they burnt out

Con 1.

They know the cards can go bad or someone can get caught in the store buying shyt and they don't want to be that dude at all. Nor sitting on $8,000 worth of 4k tvs.,ps4s, Jordan's or other bullshyt.
Con 2.

These two things you admitted is why this is not a come up, especially for someone like Earn.

It's crazy because he just turned a couple hundred beans into 4k, and instead of going, "Yo Darius how can we get some more dogs to breed. This plan right here actually works, he goes and tries some unproven, shady ass method." It makes no sense. You found something that "doubled" your money. That's why the money is in your hand.

The reality here is that Earn never had a plan for the money. So when he got it, he spent it on the first thing that came to mind.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Con 1.

Con 2.

These two things you admitted is why this is not a come up, especially for someone like Earn.

It's crazy because he just turned a couple hundred beans into 4k, and instead of going, "Yo Darius how can we get some more dogs to breed. This plan right here actually works, he goes and tries some unproven, shady ass method." It makes no sense. You found something that "doubled" your money. That's why the money is in your hand.

The reality here is that Earn never had a plan for the money. So when he got it, he spent it on the first thing that came to mind.
Breh not saying I don' t agree with you. But, there are plenty of dudes looking to buy products for cheaper than retail to flip. I just got from your original post he was out to steal his money when his cousin vouched for him and earn cashed out a bunch of shyt. He just wasn't quick enough with it :yeshrug:

This is what everybody on Craigslist , Alibaba , eBay , Amazon ect are looking for great products they resale for profit.

There is literally no way moving dogs is going to be quicker than buying 8k worth of iPhones X or whatever the hot product is at the moment if you can get it for cheap.

If I give a dude 4k

He brings me back 8 thousand worth of visa /apple/ ect,...

I would buy 8k worth of iPhones then turn around and sell them for about 80% of retail.

I seen this shyt happen too many times. Earn was buying clothes and dumb shyt. But had he spent 8k at the Apple store he could have got maybe 7 iPhones with tax

Those phones are probably 1100+with tax

If he would sell them for 900

He' looking at 900×7=6300 in maybe a couple days from that 4000.

like I said it ain't double up. But I wouldn' call it a con eitherbecuae this goes on daily. You can probably go on Craigslist Atlanta and see gift card 50% off or new (insert item) with receipt lol. I'm sure that' where they got this idea from.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Con 1.

Con 2.

Earn's a smart dumb nikka.

Let's all not forget he went to Princeton University.

And got conned by some nikka in a durag named Tracy....who sleeps on his cousin's couch.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ay, ay
I flex on a bytch like (yoohoo)
I just got a check like (yoohoo)
Haters gonna hate like uh 'til they see me in their face and they all like (yoohoo)
Saw your baby mama like (yoohoo)
And then I send her home with a good night
Bars and the Xans like "good night"
And we drinking Yoohoo like it's dirty Sprite
:dj2:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

Follow me, nikkas that actually steal credit cards/identity in bulk want to get money fast. So they buy gift cards and sell them discounted. The only ones getting fleeced here in the end are the store, credit card company and the person who's identity got stolen. They know the cards can go bad or someone can get caught in the store buying shyt and they don't want to be that dude at all. Nor sitting on $8,000 worth of 4k tvs.,ps4s, Jordan's or other bullshyt.

So they keep a couple durags type dudes looking to move them for say 40-50% of the store value for actual cash without the hassle.

Durag dude /middleman says" hey I got the hook up on cards /goods. I can you get you 8k worth of shyt from best buy right for 4000. (I can double your money )realistically he's probably getting them for $3500 or something

So the last dude is basically hit with the pressure being greedy/fleeced.

He could walk right in best buy and leave with 8k worth of shyt. What he does here is whether or not the money will actually double. He can get on Craigslist /eBay ect and list shyt like brand new in box 4k 55' Samsung and hope that he gets close to the store price until everything is gone.

Or he can just keep everything and look like he dropped 8k :takedat: it' not a literal double but who's counting :mjgrin:

:mjlol:

People like you make the world go ‘round .

Ay, ay
I flex on a bytch like (yoohoo)
I just got a check like (yoohoo)
Haters gonna hate like uh 'til they see me in their face and they all like (yoohoo)
Saw your baby mama like (yoohoo)
And then I send her home with a good night
Bars and the Xans like "good night"
And we drinking Yoohoo like it's dirty Sprite
:dj2:

Shyt shlap :banderas:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just rewatched the latest episode and I didn't realize how much is really going on. The friendly robbery, Earn and Al at the office, Earn and Tracy with those gift cards, Tracy's job interview, Darius and Al finding new plugs. A lot of other shows would try to make like 3 or 4 separate episodes out of those topics but Atlanta put them all together perfectly.

Also Darius killed me when he sang "and it all worked oooouuuttt" and then tried to touch Tracy's waves like a little ass kid. He was infatuated with that man's waves.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I just rewatched the latest episode and I didn't realize how much is really going on. The friendly robbery, Earn and Al at the office, Earn and Tracy with those gift cards, Tracy's job interview, Darius and Al finding new plugs. A lot of other shows would try to make like 3 or 4 separate episodes out of those topics but Atlanta put them all together perfectly.

Also Darius killed me when he sang "and it all worked oooouuuttt" and then tried to touch Tracy's waves like a little ass kid. He was infatuated with that man's waves.

that nikka Tracy's waves were so fly they turned into a perm!!!! :dead:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

You are speaking the truth, but I still don't understand how a gift card can be "turned off". I used to work retail at high end department store and these young brehs would come in with a bunch of credit cards and buy gift cards with them, we as a sales associate can't say no. So they would buy hundreds of dollars in gift cards.
I am pretty sure a gift card can't be turned off. The owner of the card disputes the charges, and the credit card company takes the hit.