FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I'm not gonna jump on the "he hates black women" bandwagon, but that "black women weren't checking for me" shyt is a copout. I know waaaay too many types of black women for black male celebs to keep getting away with this bullshyt excuse/line. I'm pretty sure they (black male celebs) were the type to want to chase after chicks like draya, blacc chyna, and all the other bad bytches around the way or on campus and gave no play to the quirky black chicks, the nerds, the quiet ones, the level headed ones who weren't about putting themselves out there. Them using that excuse is as silly as black women talking they can't find a good black man when all they want is the flyest, most flossin, big nikka around the way, "look at me" type dudes[/QUOTE]

Lol I hear you @dora_da_destroyer I don't want that smoke, you're giving insight/pov from a woman's perspective so I'm all ears

All I'm saying is just because a woman is quirky, nerdy or quiet doesn't mean that's what she wants in a man...
A dude that seen as quirky/weird is considered lame at a young age
A woman that's quirky/weird is still getting holla at, this is at a young age (what I think he was referring to when he says they weren't checking for him)
As a grownup we should be past that

I often see reserved quiet women with wild dudes...a lot of times we automatically assume just because a woman is really smart ("nerdy") or reserved or something that is what she likes...when a LOT of times that's not true
at bolded :ehh: you're right both sides do sometimes overlook people so you speaking facts

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm not gonna jump on the "he hates black women" bandwagon, but that "black women weren't checking for me" shyt is a copout. I know waaaay too many types of black women for black male celebs to keep getting away with this bullshyt excuse/line. I'm pretty sure they (black male celebs) were the type to want to chase after chicks like draya, blacc chyna, and all the other bad bytches around the way or on campus and gave no play to the quirky black chicks, the nerds, the quiet ones, the level headed ones who weren't about putting themselves out there. Them using that excuse is as silly as black women talking they can't find a good black man when all they want is the flyest, most flossin, big nikka around the way, "look at me" type dudes
Donald Glover wasn't well known to black folks until 2010/11 after he dropped his adele sample and "freaks and geeks" freestyle. Bringing up what black male celebs do is weak when the line is from before his newly received critical acclaim.

You think a teenage/undergrad pre 2011 Donald Glover was chasing strippers or ratchets? :mjlol:

Have you heard his early work? Dude was still trying to get over a 7th grade summer camp crush at the age of 28.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Ern starting to be true fukk nikka in my eyes after coming up on 4 bands and not giving a penny to his daughter before fukking it off.

At first I thought he was a stubborn but smart brotha going through a rough patch in life, but now I see his decision making and mindset is absolutely horrid.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Donald Glover wasn't well known to black folks until 2010/11 after he dropped his adele sample and "freaks and geeks" freestyle. Bringing up what black male celebs do is weak when the line is from before his newly received critical acclaim.

You think a teenage/undergrad pre 2011 Donald Glover was chasing strippers or ratchets? :mjlol:

Have you heard his early work? Dude was still trying to get over a 7th grade summer camp crush at the age of 28.
Strippers, no, (blac chyna and draya weren't brought up to literally mean strippers, but to represent the types of young girls who lack guidance, are attracted to the fly guys, hood nikkas, d boys, etc.) but the wrong type of chick - yes. I've seen it firsthand growing up - nerdy black guy wanna chase after or like the "bad" chicks or popular girls, while overlooking their nerdy, quiet, modest, etc female counterparts.

I don't know shyt about donal glover- so my comment wasn't about him specifically, but black male celebs (and regular black guys) who use that excuse in general. This same topic just came up with that actor who played mbaku, sorry, you don't go to college and tell me no black women were checking for you. Every college campus I went to black chicks who were into black men were checking for the black guys - jocks, nerds, and everything in between - until they (black guys) made it clear that they were more so into :mjpls: women....or men :huhldup:

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Strippers, no, but the wrong type of chick - yes. I've seen it firsthand growing up - nerdy black guy wanna chase after or like the "bad chicks" or popular girls, while overlooking their nerdy, quiet, modest, etc female counterparts.

I don't know shyt about donal glover- so my comment wasn't about him specifically, but black male celebs (and regular black guys) who use that excuse in general. This same topic just came up with that actor who played mbaku, sorry, you don't go to college and tell me no black women were checking for you. Every college campus I went to black chicks who were into black men were checking for the black guys - jocks, nerds, and everything in between - until they (black guys) made it clear that they were more so into :mjpls: women....or men :huhldup:

Why is it wrong for a guy to not date or pursue a woman he's not attracted to simply because they are the same race and vice versa? When someone says "people of my race weren't checking for me" of course they mean the ones that they liked or were attracted to. Why does that matter? Is someone obligated to try to date everyone of their race, including those they're not attracted to, before they can consider someone they are attached to of a different race? If someone can find a mutual attraction outside their race more easily why is that a problem?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Strippers, no, (blac chyna and draya weren't brought up to literally mean strippers, but to represent the types of young girls who lack guidance, are attracted to the fly guys, hood nikkas, d boys, etc.) but the wrong type of chick - yes. I've seen it firsthand growing up - nerdy black guy wanna chase after or like the "bad" chicks or popular girls, while overlooking their nerdy, quiet, modest, etc female counterparts.

:ehh:have you ever accepted the possibility that its not an excuse and black women were checking for xyz? or black men who say that are all gay or into white women?