FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Brehs when Paperboi asked "These your leftovers?" I went into a fukking laugh attack :laff: :laff: :laff: I just couldn't believe after everything the barber put him thru he'd go there :mjcry:

It wasn't even a matter of IF they were leftovers, it was a matter of "Are these even YOURS? :dame:"

FUNNIEST.
EPISODE.
YET.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
They don’t get it. Atlanta literally CANNOT have a filler episode as the series itself, as described by Donald Glover, is “Twin Peaks” with rappers. It DOES NOT follow a traditional narrative and wasn’t constructed to. We had full episodes in season 1 that had NOTHING to do with Earn trying to make Paperboi a famous rapper.

A whole episode of Earn in jail

A whole Episode Of Van trying to dodge a drug test

A whole episode of Paperboi on a talk show

A whole episode of Earn and Van at at Juneteenth party

A whole episode where Earn is searching for a lost jacket

We in season 2 and nikkas acting brand new :heh:

Word. It's basically a sketch comedy show similar to Chapelle but they let the sketch go on for 30 minutes.

I guess can understand some complaints because "filler" episodes are usually reserved for 20 episode hour long drams not 30 minute comedies with only 10 episodes.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The two barbers I've known in my life to cut my hair best have been JJ and Mike. Other nikkas done cut my hair and for the most part they did a good job but I fukked up in 2011 and 2014, one time in 2011 I went to a shop and shyt you not they cut the back of my head with no guard and almost recreated the scene in Barbershop and the other one, he just straight up couldn't cut my hair for shyt, had my hairline looking like a fukkin box. But Mike saved my hairline :mjcry: :wow:

One time i had a barber with a heavy ass hand, my line was burning for 3 days. Same nikka chipped me up and tried to blame the last dude who cut my hair.... when it was him... never went to that nikka again.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
everyone in atlanta really supporting the soccer team like that? couldn't help but notice the flag in the front window of the barbershop

Just about everyone. The falcons still got the city on lock, but all the young cats fukk with the United.

Team full of swagged out Latino brehs. It be hella blacks at games and tailgates.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Why are people so focused on advancing the story? Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Doesn't really matter to me whether or not Paperboi blows up or if Earn finally gets his shyt together.

The "Filler" IS is the story

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Non black brehs/brehettes will never understand the bond between a black man and his barber:dame: the same dude has been cutting me since I was in elementary, and now I’m close to graduating college :wow: it’s like breh was along for my journey with me.

thats how i felt about my barber in my hometown..dude had cut my hair since middle school all the way into my 30s before he moved away to NC...i had some anxiety trying to find another barber in there lol

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Why are people so focused on advancing the story? Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Doesn't really matter to me whether or not Paperboi blows up or if Earn finally gets his shyt together.

The "Filler" IS is story
Exactly, that's the thing. In an interview Donald said that he didn't want to really make a story about making "it"