FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The two barbers I've known in my life to cut my hair best have been JJ and Mike. Other nikkas done cut my hair and for the most part they did a good job but I fukked up in 2011 and 2014, one time in 2011 I went to a shop and shyt you not they cut the back of my head with no guard and almost recreated the scene in Barbershop and the other one, he just straight up couldn't cut my hair for shyt, had my hairline looking like a fukkin box. But Mike saved my hairline :mjcry: :wow:
:mjcry: Those other barber stories...

God bless JJ and Mike :wow:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I couldn't deal with the type of fukkery Bibby was running the whole episode :bryan:

Sometimes my barber is off with the times when I make an appointment or gets to talking a bit much :martin:, but for the most part he's on point and I've been going to him for years. I can definitely relate to just hopping in the chair and getting the usual and knowing exactly what to expect :blessed:.

When new barber asked Paper Boi if he wanted a 2 or 3 :dwillhuh:

I hate when people do that "5 min shyt or I'm on my way" though, knowing damn well it's going to 30 -45 mins minimum :francis:.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I have about a dozen stories about barbers.

I had one barber stop mid way and take a bite out of a cake then continued :wow:

I had another barber cutting my hair and had a black out (common in the city) but whats NOT common is everyone has a generator, how are you a business with no generator? or battery powered clippers? He then proceeded to cut my hair with scissors :wow:

I had another barber so high, his hands and clothes were so loud I think I was getting high because we were both ultra quiet and zoomed into the news station. I wasn't sure if I should be worried him being too high might fukk up my haircut or if being so high my fade was going to be crisp since he's super concentrated. Hair cut was average but I think I got so high off his scent I thought it was fly. :wow:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
yall and these so -called "filler" episodes be killing me lol

I’d consider this a bottle episode more than “filler”. Filler implies, they just through it together to get to meet their episode quota, where a bottle episode is just an episode that’s outside of the main story arch, ie nothing progresses character wise. Last weeks wouldn’t be considered a bottle episode cause we moved Earn and Vans character progression along and learned nothing about Paperboi this episode.

Great episode tho. I could relate 1,000%. To this day, i have no idea what number guard my barber uses. I just tell him “medium” or “low” and he knows exactly what I’m talking about. Been with this nikka about 11 years now. At one point, maybe 5 years ago, his shop moved and i had lost his number, i didn’t get a cut for about 2 months cause i was so scared to try and find a new barber shop, let alone a new barber. Miraculously, the day i was gonna finally give in and go somewhere else he texted me realizing he hadn’t seen me in a while. You can’t force connections like this brehs. Luckily for me, he’s a professional dude. Maybe twice he’s asked me if he could take a break to eat before cutting my hair and i was cool with it cause i wasn’t in a rush. The reason we connected in the first place was he was the only barber to actually follow directions. Every barber in the shop i tried before him would just do they’re thing despite what i asked. And every single time my girl would look at me disgusted, “why you let them do that?!?” Like i had a choice. I’m supposed to stop the nikka mid cut and go somewhere else?