Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats a grown muthafukkin man!
:russ:

dont nobody make ME do shyt!
sittin there lookin like he ready to cry all episode.
:deadmanny:

"real nikkas do what they want, suckers do what they can."

you gonna roll with your lady to some GERMAN shyt she decked out in the whole costume and shyt.
be ready for the fukkery or dont go.
:skip:

living in a fukkin storage unit.
should be happy to just be gettin some steady ass.
:pachaha:
so if he had swung on someone after his face got touched would it have been better for his relationship or would it have been considered as earn acting immature? i think he handled it maturely. van went on with her bullshyt charade, by the end you could tell she hated being there too.

earn was right from the jump. he shouldn't have mentioned the money obviously, but it wouldn't have come up if van wasn't being inconsiderate. think about it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
so if he had swung on someone after his face got touched would it have been better for his relationship or would it have been considered as earn acting immature? i think he handled it maturely. van went on with her bullshyt charade, by the end you could tell she hated being there too.

earn was right from the jump. he shouldn't have mentioned the money obviously, but it wouldn't have come up if van wasn't being inconsiderate. think about it.
he shoulda just sat that one out.
ME? im cool like that. so my lady (in real life) knows that you roll with me you aint gotta twist my arm to do some shyt i dont want. im either with it or not.
i will say this tho, i wouldnt have spazzed and got all crazy with the face shyt. i think he handled that well. i woulda just been on my shyt, "we aint gonna have no more of these incidents. we aint gonna get into fukkin race politics and shyt. we have fun. we smoke. we good. that all folks."
my problem is i dont like whiney nikkas. ol hush lil baby ass nikkas that always got the stink face and shyt. be like "yo im ready to go home" shyt fukk shyt up for everyone.
hopefully Katt Williams pops back up one more time to hopefully wake this lame muthafukka up from whatever shyt hes dealing with in his mind.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he shoulda just sat that one out.
ME? im cool like that. so my lady (in real life) knows that you roll with me you aint gotta twist my arm to do some shyt i dont want. im either with it or not.
i will say this tho, i wouldnt have spazzed and got all crazy with the face shyt. i think he handled that well. i woulda just been on my shyt, "we aint gonna have no more of these incidents. we aint gonna get into fukkin race politics and shyt. we have fun. we smoke. we good. that all folks."
my problem is i dont like whiney nikkas. ol hush lil baby ass nikkas that always got the stink face and shyt. be like "yo im ready to go home" shyt fukk shyt up for everyone.
hopefully Katt Williams pops back up one more time to hopefully wake this lame muthafukka up from whatever shyt hes dealing with in his mind.
i've been to "oktoberfest" gatherings before during college. i recall a lot of beer being drunk and some german food being eaten. there were cacs around, but nothing like this shyt.

that was some weird ass get out/eyes wide shut weirdo shyt. idk how earn could have had fun there. he probably shouldn't have agreed to go in the first place, but he was trying to spend time with his woman. she shoulda respected him when he said that's not for him. i'm sure they could find some common ground between the strip club or the german mask party if they tried. they're both selfish.

the difference is earn didn't drag van somewhere where they're touching her face to see if it's blackface make up or a dude dressed as a goat demon runs around cackling and stealing your phone. :yeshrug:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i've been to "oktoberfest" gatherings before during college. i recall a lot of beer being drunk and some german food being eaten. there were cacs around, but nothing like this shyt.

that was some weird ass get out/eyes wide shut weirdo shyt. idk how earn could have had fun there. he probably shouldn't have agreed to go in the first place, but he was trying to spend time with his woman. she shoulda respected him when he said that's not for him. i'm sure they could find some common ground between the strip club or the german mask party if they tried. they're both selfish.

the difference is earn didn't drag van somewhere where they're touching her face to see if it's blackface make up or a dude dressed as a goat demon runs around cackling and stealing your phone. :yeshrug:
i hear you. i aint never been to no white folk shyt like that.
closest was i went to a bar in Bensonhurst with my old boss back in the day.
my girlfriend is korean tho. so theres times we go out with her folks but we been together a minute now so all that awkward stage i dont know what to expect shyt is over.
people different tho i guess.
he just comes off as someone who no matter where they woulda went he woulda been mopin around all Charlie Brown and shyt.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Helen, Georgia (what the episode title came from) is a real town in North GA. It's located in White county, GA. That's the real name of the actual county.

The town itself is modeled after a Bavarian (south German) village. This episode chose Oktoberfest to display the fukkery overload involved, and the backdrop to Earn and Van's relationship fork-in-the-road. They were in a strange place.

I've been to Helen, GA once, like 10 years ago for a friend's wedding. Felt like Earn did, very out of place. Luckily, the chick I was with didn't have Van's mindstate going in. We were on the same page. Did the wedding and reception, had a good time, hit the hotel, thought about hitting Waffle House in the morning, but looked around, and fukk that. We hit the road headed back to more familiar surroundings. Wasn't anything overt or bad, just weird as fukk, and I've been to Germany several times. Seemed like a fake Medieval Times town. No interest in ever going back.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Earn's chick trying to make him something he's not. She know what he signed up for. She should have appreciated him agreeing to go to that shyt.

You’ve gotta grow and do different things out of your comfort zone in a healthy relationship.

It’s not about changing the person.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I feel like the first conversation at the bar was innocent.

I'm sure someone has done a translation of it somewhere. There's a reason that scene didn't have subtitles making the audience imagine what they were talking about while the later conversation had subtitles.
Nevermind somebody already posted it lol. But yeah the convo seemed innocent.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You’ve gotta grow and do different things out of your comfort zone in a healthy relationship.

It’s not about changing the person.

While I agree with the premise of your statement, the shyt was fukked up from the beginning. Getting out of your comfort zone doesn’t equate to having to subject yourself too all out racism.

Soon as that bytch said some shyt about my face and tried to touch me I woulda been out.

Still, Earn is at fault. Van told him he wasn’t gonna like that shyt and he brushed it off being cocky.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
While I agree with the premise of your statement, the shyt was fukked up from the beginning. Getting out of your comfort zone doesn’t equate to having to subject yourself too all out racism.

Soon as that bytch said some shyt about my face and tried to touch me I woulda been out.

Still, Earn is at fault. Van told him he wasn’t gonna like that shyt and he brushed it off being cocky.

To be fair my response was a generalization. I’m with you on Van and her internal issues.

I don’t feel like Earn gives a fukk about her as a human. I don’t get why people create lives and stay in situations like that. It ain’t healthy.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
To be fair my response was a generalization. I’m with you on Van and her internal issues.

I don’t feel like Earn gives a fukk about her as a human. I don’t get why people create lives and stay in situations like that. It ain’t healthy.

I see...

I think he DOES genuinely give a fukk about her. I think Earn is just a perpetual fukk up. Dude CANNOT get out of his own way. Every decision he’s made these last four episodes has been ALL wrong.