FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The moment a white person touched my face and assumed I was wearing blackface is the moment Van lost all credence to be mad about any shyt that happened in this episode.
There's being a good BF and holding your girl down and then there's getting demeaned by white people because your girl grew up around ignorance

Van holds earn down that doesn't mean she is getting away with everything of the strength of just being a BM

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
The moment a white person touched my face and assumed I was wearing blackface is the moment Van lost all credence to be mad about any shyt that happened in this episode.
There's being a good BF and holding your girl down and then there's getting demeaned by white people because your girl grew up around ignorance

Van holds earn down that doesn't mean she is getting away with everything of the strength of just being a BM
She wasnt there when it happened

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Earn had one look at the caucasity and was done like
anigif_enhanced-buzz-3666-1381168603-4.gif

After a 2nd watch, he was def tripping and being selfish and a lil bytch. Like damn breh, you don't even wanna dance with your lady? :gucci: pouting over ping pong and shyt :snoop: Van's energy was a bit off too. She wasn't happy when he won the shytdefukken game or whatever it was called

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two more things I noticed. In the beginning they focused on both them making love in their daughter's room and the baby seat in the car.... what's absent? THEIR BABY. In season one, that was the main glue that kept them together for the most part. They were very dysfunctional, but their daughter, Loddie, was always present in some fashion. We haven't seen her daughter AT ALL this season and even worse, it was only mentioned in passing in this episode to which Van took as an insult. She didn't want to be referred as "Loddie's mom" because she disliked the fact that she is being viewed as a "baby mama" and nothing more. So, the very thing that kept them bonded in the beginning is now absent which made their relationship broken.

The 2nd thing is how this contrast from a SIMILAR episode in season one where Earn was dragged into one of Van's social events with that interracial couple in which the husband was a white liberal that was overtly apologetic of the plight of the black man. Keep in mind in THAT episode, Earn and Van weren't even together. Van had to pick him up at another chick's house that he done smashed. And he had to pretend that they were together for the sake of Loddie. Earn's attitude at that party was NO DIFFERENT as it was in last night's episode. To the point that Earn even had to call that shyt out as bullshyt for real which arguably costed Van her opportunity of employment. The funny thing was that Van at that time was turned on by his "fukk this shyt" stance and they ended up smashing at the end.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Van was wrong
She grew up german I guess and has some type of weird bed wench complex with her sister and that unintentionally calls her to try and force earn to be down for some weird debasing german culture because its what she grew up around.
A real one would have seen her man was getting uncomfortable and rolled out but Van kept it up and flirted with a white man right in front of dude.

This episode really did paint a bad picture of Van though. Broke,no job, and all she has is earn who is kinda realizing he's over her

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Van is so fukking beautiful it’s almost uncomfortable.

Also, Van wasn’t wrong. I can tell a lot of y’all are young cause i used to be Earn. Sometimes you gotta suck it up for your girl and do the shyt she likes. Earn was right for letting her go if he knew this is who he was and didn’t want to change, but she wasn’t wrong for feeling like she wanted him to be different either.