FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are people saying it's an L that Earn lost that ping pong game? He didn't want her, and it was established in the first season that they really didn't know each other or have much in common, and were only trying to make it work for their daughter.

I thought you #GMB #HOH #CBB #LMNOP #QWERT #PAAGSet #PAWGSet #Baldgang #UglyTeam #SDSet #TeamNoFap #TeamNoSexDolls #6foot6figures6certs Coli brehs would understand that.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Why are people saying it's an L that Earn lost that ping pong game? He didn't want her, and it was established in the first season that they really didn't know each other or have much in common, and were only trying to make it work for their daughter.

I thought you #GMB #HOH #CBB #LMNOP #QWERT #PAAGSet #PAWGSet #Baldgang #UglyTeam #SDSet #TeamNoFap #TeamNoSexDolls Coli brehs would understand that.
If he truly didn't want her, he'd be nowhere near that Oktoberfest.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I thought you #GMB #HOH #CBB #LMNOP #QWERT #PAAGSet #PAWGSet #Baldgang #UglyTeam #SDSet #TeamNoFap #TeamNoSexDolls Coli brehs would understand that.

I don’t think it’s as simple as Earn not wanting her, he was being honest when he legitimately said he doesn’t know WHAT he wants. But the first season established that he does indeed have deeper feelings for her.

The L is in the fact that the nikka is homeless and Van is the ONLY person who cares enough about his day to day situation to let him stay with her.

He lost the storage unit
He has too much pride to ask to stay with Alfred on a permenant basis
His parents are fed up with him

He’s got NO ONE else. So even if he was just using Van as, like she said, “an accessory that he gets to fukk” then he’s gotta suck it up and at LEAST provide the ILLUSION of having a future in mind for them. Going dancing at a festival is a small price to pay for a roof over your head.

I mean I get it. That party was creepy, filled to the BRIM with wayyyyyyy too many white People, and just had the FEEL of one of those functions where black people “mysteriously” disappear and are never heard from again. But Earn knew this was who he was dealing with when he GOT with her, and certainly when he seeded her ass up. Ain’t no WAY I’d be caught DEAD at a festival like that with any of those types of people. But then you wouldn’t catch me impregnating a woman whose even partially German.

That’s ALL on Earn and his terrible decision making. The only right move he pulled all Episode was soft checking that white boy who was flirting with Van.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Earn is transforming into his uncle and not knowing it.... and his uncle WARNED him about this. Losing Van is the first domino and a foreshadow of him and Paperboi splitting because of Earn no fukks given attitude.
200_s.gif

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
People who are thinking this was a filler episode either aren't paying attention to the ENTIRE series or assuming because Paperboi and Darius aren't in it that it's a "filler". The truth of the matter is that this maybe arguably the MOST PROGRESSIVE arc of the entire series. Understand that the whole reason why Earn even came up with the idea of managing Paperboi was purely because he was trying to hustle up money so he can keep paying rent for Van and his daughter. Everything he was doing was motivated over maintaining his relationship with Van in season one, even in truth he was really lying to himself. He even fussed out Darius with the whole investment thing because he was so desperate to get money to give to HER. Everything was due to holding on to his relationship with her. And when he DID received his 1st real check at the end, he was finally able to pay her and it was made to believe he had GROWN a little bit from it.

In comes in season 2, and we already learn that Earn was dealt a hard hand and on parole. Somehow that began to harden him internally, of course not externally. As strongly implied, he was forced to move back with Van. Then the money starts coming in, 1st with the investment from the dogs and then from the royalties from Paperboi's 1st major hit. And not only that money got him to spend it irresponsibly, but he made him change and it did not help that Paperboi gave him the advice to act MORE like an a$$hole in the previous episode. In comes Van, who has her own issues, and Earn is now in NO fukkS given mode. It's no longer about needing the money, he is now GETTING MONEY so there's no purpose or motivation.

Earn is transforming into his uncle and not knowing it.... and his uncle WARNED him about this. Losing Van is the first domino and a foreshadow of him and Paperboi splitting because of Earn no fukks given attitude.
:damn:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Did you actually WATCH any of season 1 bro:gucci:

The Pilot episode BEGINS with a man being shot

The second episode has a mentally ill man being BEATEN by Officers in jail

The third episode has a man being MURDERED in cold blood by a group of drug dealers

The fourth episode has a CHILD being robbed

The season finale has an unarmed man being SHOT to death by police officers

What in the Premise Of this show makes you think it’s anything like scrubs??

I didn't say it was like Scrubs, I said I'm reminded of an episode of Scrubs where JD came home and watched old sitcoms to relax from a hard days work. I was saying this in relation to people wanting sitcoms to be wall-to-wall jokes, not comparing the shows at all. And I only said this because this is a reason a lot of people don't fukk with modern day single cam sitcoms.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Earn knew this was who he was dealing with when he GOT with her, and certainly when he seeded her ass up.

Did he really tho? Like I said, in the first season it was said that Van got pregnant pretty early on, so what we're seeing now is all the relationship stuff they should have figured out long before they had a kid.

If they didn't have their daughter, they probably would have just hooked up a couple times and kept it moving. Probably wouldn't even remember each other's names.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
People who are thinking this was a filler episode either aren't paying attention to the ENTIRE series or assuming because Paperboi and Darius aren't in it that it's a "filler". The truth of the matter is that this maybe arguably the MOST PROGRESSIVE arc of the entire series. Understand that the whole reason why Earn even came up with the idea of managing Paperboi was purely because he was trying to hustle up money so he can keep paying rent for Van and his daughter. Everything he was doing was motivated over maintaining his relationship with Van in season one, even in truth he was really lying to himself. He even fussed out Darius with the whole investment thing because he was so desperate to get money to give to HER. Everything was due to holding on to his relationship with her. And when he DID received his 1st real check at the end, he was finally able to pay her and it was made to believe he had GROWN a little bit from it.

In comes in season 2, and we already learn that Earn was dealt a hard hand and on parole. Somehow that began to harden him internally, of course not externally. As strongly implied, he was forced to move back with Van. Then the money starts coming in, 1st with the investment from the dogs and then from the royalties from Paperboi's 1st major hit. And not only that money got him to spend it irresponsibly, but he made him change and it did not help that Paperboi gave him the advice to act MORE like an a$$hole in the previous episode. In comes Van, who has her own issues, and Earn is now in NO fukkS given mode. It's no longer about needing the money, he is now GETTING MONEY so there's no purpose or motivation.

giphy.gif

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This episode and the one before really made me realize why I dislike Earn’s character. He’s a pushover and has no leadership qualities to him.

This episode also made me realize the stupid shyt couples be arguing about because of miscommunication. The passive aggressiveness they were showing towards each other was giving me PTSD of my last two relationships. My new girl is a better fit and we don’t have them problems. (Thank God)