fukk going to college and being in debt or working at best buy. I need a trade. Who is paying?

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
U got it fam just take the proper precautions. Dont rush and don’t get jazzy like I did :mjlol:
Yea I think I already got an idea of what could be wrong:

on another note, a teacher approached me about working weekends in his new residential business. Im finna be working 7 days a week :blessed: 5 commercial, 2 residential:blessed:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I know Cali and have family there. A $20/hr wage in most parts of California isn't a living wage, especially in the Bay or LA. Living wage for an adult with no kids in Alameda County (Oakland, Berkeley etc.) is about $30/hr. Whatever wage you get in Cali, subtract $10/hr for the equivalent in TX.

Granted TX is getting so damn expensive I understand your concern with the low minimum wage.

If you really want to move, I would recommend trying to cut your teeth in a low cost of living area then once your skills are upgraded move where you want for good pay.

If you are young with no kids, I would honestly see if you could get in state tuition and training in TX then move to somewhere like Memphis, Birmingham, or Columbia, SC where there is a sizeable Black population/middle class and cheap cost of living. Stack bread and then decide your next move.

If you have to move you could work and go to school at a technical school where you end up. For example there is a HBCU vocational school in Birmingham Lawson State that is pretty cheap

Cali is good in many parts but is expensive, Black folks are leaving in bulk, and the trades/unskilled labor are dominated by Hispanics (citizens or not) who may not be in a rush to hire your Black behind. Just being real.

If you end up in Cali I would say try Sacramento. Black folks live around the Laguna Hills area I think. Ask @murksiderock
$20 isn't really a living wage in Sacramento, either. Obviously it's less expensive than the coastal areas but it's not necessarily "cheap" to live in Sacramento...

When I went this past fall my dad was complaining about a job he makes like $17.50 at (he's since quit), and he lives in one of the cheaper areas of town, Gardenland North Sac, $1200 rent for two beds. Granted, that's not a desirable area in general, and that's about as cheap as you're gonna find in Sac, but it's out there if you sacrifice living somewhere you wouldn't quite prefer...

That Laguna area you talking about is just known as Valley Hi, it's around 21-22% black, and it's a strong middle class black presence there. It's really about the blackest neighborhood left in the city, there are only a handful of hoods in Sac over 20% black...

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Been hit twice it was just as bad as they say too. Changed my whole shyt up.
:picard:
How do you get shocked? Is it prevented by wearing gloves? I think I would quit on the spot.
:snoop:
I quit a call center on the spot after a 20 minute phone call. Old lady messed up my average call time. I was already on probation. Ma’am, you need to call your son to help you out because you aren’t understanding what I am telling you!
:damn: