fukk going to college and being in debt or working at best buy. I need a trade. Who is paying?

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I want to move to Texas from California. They have mansions for 300k but here they're 5 million. I need a trade a skill. I looked at Texas minimum wage it's less than $8

California is $20

shyt is crazy

Last edited:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I want a skill that can allow me to make stupid $ anywhere.
Not a "trade", and you will be tied down to specific city......but depending on certain variables the pay is great. Dependent on your facility, base pay can range from 70k to 150k.

Bid will be open between April 19th - 22nd. But you can start building your resume on USAjobs.gov right now.

Good info in this thread from a previous bid:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not a "trade", and you will be tied down to specific city......but depending on certain variables the pay is great. Dependent on your facility, base pay can range from 70k to 150k.

Bid will be open between April 19th - 22nd. But you can start building your resume on USAjobs.gov right now.

Good info in this thread from a previous bid:
:mjlol: You got to be under 31

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
1. HVAC pays well and eternal job security. Many community colleges offer classes. Need to do math for heat and electrical calculations though.

2. Depending on where you live, being in the merchant marine can pay well though you will be gone a couple weeks or months at a time depending on where you work. Starting salaries in northeast and Gulf though are now around $45-50k with no educational requirements.
Dap + Reputation

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I want to move to Texas from California. They have mansions for 300k but here they're 5 million. I need a trade a skill. I looked at Texas minimum wage it's less than $8

California is $20

shyt is crazy
I know Cali and have family there. A $20/hr wage in most parts of California isn't a living wage, especially in the Bay or LA. Living wage for an adult with no kids in Alameda County (Oakland, Berkeley etc.) is about $30/hr. Whatever wage you get in Cali, subtract $10/hr for the equivalent in TX.

Granted TX is getting so damn expensive I understand your concern with the low minimum wage.

If you really want to move, I would recommend trying to cut your teeth in a low cost of living area then once your skills are upgraded move where you want for good pay.

If you are young with no kids, I would honestly see if you could get in state tuition and training in TX then move to somewhere like Memphis, Birmingham, or Columbia, SC where there is a sizeable Black population/middle class and cheap cost of living. Stack bread and then decide your next move.

If you have to move you could work and go to school at a technical school where you end up. For example there is a HBCU vocational school in Birmingham Lawson State that is pretty cheap

Cali is good in many parts but is expensive, Black folks are leaving in bulk, and the trades/unskilled labor are dominated by Hispanics (citizens or not) who may not be in a rush to hire your Black behind. Just being real.

If you end up in Cali I would say try Sacramento. Black folks live around the Laguna Hills area I think. Ask @murksiderock