FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So what you thinking about doing? I know if your donor area weak they’ll take from the beard but charge extra

thinking of still doing fue but with less grafts for my first session and then doing smp to touch up

Hair of instanbul doesn’t take from the beard

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
thinking of still doing fue but with less grafts for my first session and then doing smp to touch up

Hair of instanbul doesn’t take from the beard
Yea I heard Hair of Instanbul are real selective about who they approve for the procedure,I think that’s a good sign that they’re a good clinic

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yea I heard Hair of Instanbul are real selective about who they approve for the procedure,I think that’s a good sign that they’re a good clinic

yeah

this is what they told me , I respect it

have a perfect result from a hair transplant operation, the most important thing is quality of your donor area (only hair located at sides and back side). If 40-60% hair of your donor area is not enough to cover your transplatation required area, the result will not have high density and satisfactory.

Important thing is the result will not satisfy neither us nor you. Because of unsatisfactory result, we do not recommend you to have a hair transplant operation.

We also do not want you to live with a bad result all your life. If a patient would not have a great result from an operation, we do not recommend you to have the operation and even do not quote you.

As company principle, we do not use and do not recommend you to use beard, body hair or any other body's hair for this operation. The only hair region not affected by testosterone in the male body has been scientifically proven to be between 2 ears on the nape, so we transplant from that area safely. We respect it that some other clinics may prefer to use it but as we informed you above, it does not work properly.

In short; we would like to help you but unfortunately, there is no point having surgery...

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yeah

this is what they told me , I respect it

have a perfect result from a hair transplant operation, the most important thing is quality of your donor area (only hair located at sides and back side). If 40-60% hair of your donor area is not enough to cover your transplatation required area, the result will not have high density and satisfactory.

Important thing is the result will not satisfy neither us nor you. Because of unsatisfactory result, we do not recommend you to have a hair transplant operation.

We also do not want you to live with a bad result all your life. If a patient would not have a great result from an operation, we do not recommend you to have the operation and even do not quote you.

As company principle, we do not use and do not recommend you to use beard, body hair or any other body's hair for this operation. The only hair region not affected by testosterone in the male body has been scientifically proven to be between 2 ears on the nape, so we transplant from that area safely. We respect it that some other clinics may prefer to use it but as we informed you above, it does not work properly.

In short; we would like to help you but unfortunately, there is no point having surgery...
Sheesh some real Instanbul nikkas :russ: Floyd went there matter of fact. I’m also following this dude who went there about a year ago and he got great results from there too.

Most go to Asli Tarcan tho they got great results from people too :yeshrug:

Just wondering what’s the deciding factor on this being 100% success. Is how thick and dense your hair is already? Does other factors like your health,eating,drinking,smoking play a factor?

So many questions.

I think ima fukk with Asli tho.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
The first pic is about a week of hair growth before I went to Turkey and is an actual picture I sent to Asli. My hair is actually pretty thick in my donor when grown out and I went to Asli with about 2 months of hair growth to show them how thick my hair gets.

The second picture is 4 months after Asli. Only 4 months. No hair fibers, No bigen. This picture is about 1 week and a half after a hair cut. I just ask my barber to trim it down with scissors and taper the sides. As u can see my donor is still recovering some, but all in all I’m very satisfied and think my donor will make a full recovery.

Look at my corner and temples now vs where it was 4 months ago.... and I still have ~8 months of hair thickening and growth to go.

my skin even looks better because i’ve been drinking a bunch of water and taking a multivitamin.

EDIT: damn I was down bad :damn:

look at me now tho:myman:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The first pic is about a week of hair growth before I went to Turkey and is an actual picture I sent to Asli. My hair is actually pretty thick in my donor when grown out and I went to Asli with about 2 months of hair growth to show them how thick my hair gets.

The second picture is 4 months after Asli. Only 4 months. No hair fibers, No bigen. This picture is about 1 week and a half after a hair cut. I just ask my barber to trim it down with scissors and taper the sides. As u can see my donor is still recovering some, but all in all I’m very satisfied and think my donor will make a full recovery.

Look at my corner and temples now vs where it was 4 months ago.... and I still have ~8 months of hair thickening and growth to go.

my skin even looks better because i’ve been drinking a bunch of water and taking a multivitamin.

EDIT: damn I was down bad :damn:

look at me now tho:myman:
Bro you back in the game and it’s only gonna get better. Go check out Floyd Mayweather new picture boy looking like a million bucks maybe you can post it on here in the thread they got him right

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Don't mean to be a negative Norman but what happens to the donor area if the surgeon fukks up?

No more donor hair for a re up?

Or your donor hair is fine and you can just go to a more reputable clinic next time?

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Don't mean to be a negative Norman but what happens to the donor area if the surgeon fukks up?

No more donor hair for a re up?

Or your donor hair is fine and you can just go to a more reputable clinic next time?

Depends on how your donor grows back if it grows back right then yea wait about a year and go elsewhere,if not then :yeshrug: that’s why some places will see how strong your donor is tho and tell you if you should get it or not,if it’s not strong it might not grow back.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
been awhile but i been lurking this thread for a min. finally found my old laptop with the saved password.

i had a FUE procedure done in February of last year. i'll share my thoughts/experience:
-i went to the guy in the US with the most experience with black hair. his name is Dr. Diep and he's in the bay area. he was the first guy to have actual VIDEO results of black men who had work done. i had been studying him for a couple of years.
-my hair loss wasn't crazy, but i did have a receding hairline that was higher on one side. think like the infamous soulja boy picture.
Bx_SH3rCQAAlkkd.jpg:large

-diep implanted about 1500 grafts and the procedure cost around $12k. i took out a 0% interest for a year credit card to pay for it.
-the procedure lasted a few hours but i was sleep for most of it. then i was on my way. my post-op experience was pretty standard so i won't say much about it. don't believe folks telling you you can come back to work in 10 days tho. my head was still red and it was obvious something was done. y'all are lucky if you can do this during the pandemic.
-almost a year later and it was one of the best decisions i ever made. it instantly makes you look younger.

there's only one issue:
-dr. diep prescribes fin because since I'm 35, there was a chance i could still lose hair in the crown. as it turns out, since my transplant, my hairline looks awesome but my crown and mid scalp are thinning more than ever. :sadcam:
-i kinda wish i had went to Turkey and got 2-3x the grafts to fill out the rest of my head and not have to take fin.
-something I've noticed... if you're a breh with a horseshoe but thick ass sides you're probably the best candidate for a transplant. as a diffuse thinner, i was losing hair gracefully, and could have passed for a few years with a low haircut, but my donor situation isn't as dense and lush.

Why didn't I go to Turkey?
-i booked my shyt in early 2019. Diep had a ridiculous waiting list. at that time, the you \tubers and turkey community wasn't poppin as much. the biggest deal to me was making sure i went to someone who had experience with black hair and Dr. Diep was the only guy for certain. but you brehs are in a better situation because the technology for the procedure is much more developed and Turkey seems to be on par or even better than options in the states.

overall I'm happy with my results. i just gotta wear my hair in a low ceaser otherwise the other hair that's thinning will show. my donor area is fine. my recipient area looks really natural. so my recommendation for you brehs it to try to get it all at once. oh and make sure they hook up your right angles by the temples. that makes a HUGE difference in framing your face.​

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Wonder what that reason could be,because I’m noticing that guys with thicker hair and stronger donor areas are having the best results.

think of it like grass. a yard with sparse grass throughout the total area may look better than a yard with lush grass and a big ass bare patch, but the second yard is easier to fill.

grass-top-view-260nw-411245716.jpg

vs

patchy-brown-lawn.jpg

the first one can be cut low and will look better than the second one. but the second one got that comeback power. :wow:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
been awhile but i been lurking this thread for a min. finally found my old laptop with the saved password.

i had a FUE procedure done in February of last year. i'll share my thoughts/experience:
-i went to the guy in the US with the most experience with black hair. his name is Dr. Diep and he's in the bay area. he was the first guy to have actual VIDEO results of black men who had work done. i had been studying him for a couple of years.
-my hair loss wasn't crazy, but i did have a receding hairline that was higher on one side. think like the infamous soulja boy picture.
Bx_SH3rCQAAlkkd.jpg:large

-diep implanted about 1500 grafts and the procedure cost around $12k. i took out a 0% interest for a year credit card to pay for it.
-the procedure lasted a few hours but i was sleep for most of it. then i was on my way. my post-op experience was pretty standard so i won't say much about it. don't believe folks telling you you can come back to work in 10 days tho. my head was still red and it was obvious something was done. y'all are lucky if you can do this during the pandemic.
-almost a year later and it was one of the best decisions i ever made. it instantly makes you look younger.

there's only one issue:
-dr. diep prescribes fin because since I'm 35, there was a chance i could still lose hair in the crown. as it turns out, since my transplant, my hairline looks awesome but my crown and mid scalp are thinning more than ever. :sadcam:
-i kinda wish i had went to Turkey and got 2-3x the grafts to fill out the rest of my head and not have to take fin.
-something I've noticed... if you're a breh with a horseshoe but thick ass sides you're probably the best candidate for a transplant. as a diffuse thinner, i was losing hair gracefully, and could have passed for a few years with a low haircut, but my donor situation isn't as dense and lush.

Why didn't I go to Turkey?
-i booked my shyt in early 2019. Diep had a ridiculous waiting list. at that time, the you \tubers and turkey community wasn't poppin as much. the biggest deal to me was making sure i went to someone who had experience with black hair and Dr. Diep was the only guy for certain. but you brehs are in a better situation because the technology for the procedure is much more developed and Turkey seems to be on par or even better than options in the states.

overall I'm happy with my results. i just gotta wear my hair in a low ceaser otherwise the other hair that's thinning will show. my donor area is fine. my recipient area looks really natural. so my recommendation for you brehs it to try to get it all at once. oh and make sure they hook up your right angles by the temples. that makes a HUGE difference in framing your face.​
And this is why I keep saying the same thing as far as the donor area being the most important on if your transplant will be successful or not. Again most guys I watch who had the best results had a strong and thick donor area,I’m pretty sure there are other factors that will help make the procedure go as best as possible but that has to be the #1 and most important factor.