FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
my liaison had everything set up for me before i departed the US. Before I left he told me:

1. soon as I land in Istanbul, connect to the airport wifi and let him know I’ve landed.

2. after I get my bags, head out of the airport and there will be a driver standing holding a sign that says “Asli Tarcan”

Your liaison will text you thru “what’s app” and tell u where u need to be and what’s going on throughout your stay. If u decide to go, you’ll be well taken care of.

Thanks. Already got my date set and everything, just nervous as fuuuhcckk :damn:. They gave me all the details. I see they have their own cars or w/e. The hotel is close to the clinic. Which I prefer.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
You have to get shots twice a year for life?

I did it twice to speed things up . Shot lasts 1.5 years normally. I have autoimmune based hairloss I probably don’t need to get them routinely . But for regular hairloss it’s 2x a year but it’s usually just platlettes from your own blood which makes it way cheaper . Like $500 each time

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I did it twice to speed things up . Shot lasts 1.5 years normally. I have autoimmune based hairloss I probably don’t need to get them routinely . But for regular hairloss it’s 2x a year but it’s usually just platlettes from your own blood which makes it way cheaper . Like $500 each time
Where do you get the shots? I’m assuming you don’t have to fly back to turkey lol

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I did it :wow:. I haven't seen my hairline since my hairline this sharp since 25. Event brought it a bit lower than it use to be.

Process was damn smooth

Breh we need a full rundown. This shyt sounds life changing lol

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Yeah, I did it :wow:. I haven't seen my hairline since my hairline this sharp since 25. Event brought it a bit lower than it use to be.

Process was damn smooth
lol see? you were stressed over nothing . I know you’re glad you did it. That first look in the mirror when u get back to the hotel is priceless. :wow:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Everything you will do will start on whats app. Initial consultation etc. Similar to @YaThreadFloppedB! I asked them if I can go ahead and book my flight and they said yes so I booked it. I took Turkish airlines from Atlanta to Chicago and from Chicago to Istanbul. I had a direct flight back. I wanted to avoid any EU nonsense.

Covid related
Most they are doing right now is a temperature check. Nothing too evasive BUT if you were to catch it, you will be in quarantine for 14 days so you may want to bring your work laptop. That was one of my biggest worries since I left my lap top at home.

Once you get to Istanbul, the driver will meet you out front and you will also meet other guys from around the world that are looking to get the same procedure done. They will then take you to your hotel, you will check in and they will tell you to be ready for 8:00 AM pick up. You can do whatever you want for the rest of that day. There are restaurants around the hotel etc.

Surgery day, you get there at 8 am, give you forms to fill out, hand them your passport and they will take you upstairs to get your blood, meet your translator, and then they will take you to the extraction session. The numbing is extremely painful because they are poking your head with local anesthesia. Then wants you are numbed up they will now start taking your grafts. This will last hours. Couldn't pinpoint since I wasnt counting but I would guess 3-4 with several technicians doing it.

after that they will provide you with breakfast, draw your hairline, and then they will number your forehead, poke holes etc. and then your head will feel like a baloon, its almost scary but I went to sleep so after putting in the grafts, they will wrap your head and you will head home. You wont feel much pain but your head will be leaking lidocaine and there will also be blood posts.

The next day, I just stayed, head was feeling nasty and didn't want to go walk around with that thang in my head (you can get it removed the next day if you want).

Last day, I did the head wrap removal, the washing and they took me back to the airport.

Overall they are really cool and welcoming people. It brought me a lot of confidence in them because they got a lot of black customers. Met a lot of brehs out there at the clinic so they seem to have more experience with afro hair than other places. Would not surprise me if they get the most black clienteles.

I am definitely going back but moreso for vacation.

Right now most of I am dealing with is some face swelling at the moment but I head that goes away soon. I am just going to take it lightly for the next few days. I will need to drink lots of water.

but overall, I am happy, I am looking forward to the progress.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
lol see? you were stressed over nothing . I know you’re glad you did it. That first look in the mirror when u get back to the hotel is priceless. :wow:

They even put grafts and the middle of the dome which showed no thining but if it kept progressing it would have. Hopefully I can get quick results.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
They even put grafts and the middle of the dome which showed no thining but if it kept progressing it would have. Hopefully I can get quick results.
drink plenty water fam. Also go ahead and get the chewable claritin tablets from a rite aid or walgreens in preparation for the itching that will commence in the coming week.

Last edited: