FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Cool, did you only have contact with your liason through what's app? I am a 6'5" bm, just concerned I will attract unwanted attention from people? Also did you see other brehs there(not just doing hair)? Lol I maybe prejudging but I have heard good things overall from youtube.

And lastly, how many weeks before the procedure did you give them the heads up to confirm? I am doing it in September for sure. I am looking at Turkish airline

yea, we only talk thru whatsapp, idk who your liaison is, but my guy hit me back with any answers to my questions either same day or next day(Turkey is 7 hours ahead of EST).

I’m a 6’1-6’2 black male myself. Just be chill, no one is going to bother you:laugh: Apparently the nba is pretty big here from talking to Omer, if you get looks it’ll most likely be because of you’re tall af. Same way folks may look at you in the states.

I talked to Omer back in early April but decided to wait on more info about the covid virus, also international flights had halted to Turkey. I reached out again a week before I flew out to let him know i’m coming.

the questions you’re asking are hilarious though, I would think people would have questions about the operation or traveling. not the distance from the clinic the airport is or if their height will be a factor in Turkey :laugh:

lastly the only brehs i’ve seen here were only doing the hair transplant.

edit: you’re talking about brehs in general in turkey... only a couple, the majority here in istanbul are turks

edit2: i’m not trying to push you to go out here. If you have anxiety or just don’t feel up to it, don’t go, bring someone with you or save up for the procedure in America.

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh: you’re not driving

they literally have the driver sitting outside the airport waiting on you when you arrive. Only thing you have to do is connect to wifi and hit your liaison up with “here” or “ just landed” and he’s on it for you. Go through customs which takes like 2 mins if the waiting line isn’t crazy, grab your bags, and head outside.

the hotel is like 15 mins from the airport, the clinic is like 15 mins from the hotel. again transportation is provided for you and you won’t be sitting around wondering “what the hell do I do next”.

Which airline you took? I am looking at Turkish airline and the time frame that is not working. They said to schedule my flights for 4-5-6 pm. Might just do expedia. Also, any issues doing layovers in Europe?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
$1700 us dollars. there is a 10% tax if you use a card (debit/credit).

included in the $1700 is

-of course fue hair transplant (moving hair from sides and back of your head to the front)
-PRP treatment
-hotel for 4 days
-shuttle to and from airport and to and from clinic
-shampoo and foam they give you

I think they have other hair products for sell that is supposed to aid your recovery, but everything all together is $1700 . and of course you have to get your own plane ticket.
:lupe:

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Which airline you took? I am looking at Turkish airline and the time frame that is not working. They said to schedule my flights for 4-5-6 pm. Might just do expedia. Also, any issues doing layovers in Europe?
i flew United then transferred to Turkish Airlines. There are a few apps i used to watches flights such as “Hooper” and “Justfly”. I used justfly to book my ticket.

Although I had the option to layover in Munich(Europe), I chose to deal with the long ass flight over multiple layovers.

Philadelphia>Chicago>Istanbul was my flight itinerary. I didn’t stop in Europe. Chicago to Istanbul was a 10 hr flight

and yea on your return flight, book anywhere between 2:30pm and 5pm and you’ll be straight

Last edited:

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
UPDATE:

So I had my surgery on monday and everything is cool. i’m taking 2 separate pills right now a blood thinner and an antibiotic. I’ve finish taking my pill for the swelling and while my head is still slightly swollen, it is much improved over the last couple days. Drinking water is key, forreal.

Okay, my biggest worry about this whole trip believe it or not was how I was going to look on my return trip going through the airports and people staring...

It wasn’t bad at all. You also see other people who had the transplant surgery walking around the Turkish airport, other people might not spot it but since you’ve just had yours done you can easily tell. If you are black, it just looks like you got a very low cut. The most important thing you can do for yourself is buy one of those airport pillows that wrap around your neck. This will keep the sore and still kinda raw back of your head off the airplane seat thus preventing infections. And you can also use it just lying down in bed or whatever. But buy this before your hairline transplant.

But yea, travel was cool. I am extremely happy I did this while the airports were pretty dead. Even at O’Hare (Chicago) which has a lot of black employees no one noticed or just didn’t care... going through TSA was smooth as well in both Turkey and Chicago.

I did see people who were provided with bucket hats that went to other clinics however, but in my opinion, it’s not worth it. You would be sick if you travelled all the way to Istanbul, had this 8hr procedure but wore a hat because you didn’t want people staring and it pulled off some of your hair grafts. Which is more important?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
i flew United then transferred to Turkish Airlines. There are a few apps i used to watches flights such as “Hooper” and “Justfly”. I used justfly to book my ticket.

Although I had the option to layover in Munich(Europe), I chose to deal with the long ass flight over multiple layovers.

Philadelphia>Chicago>Istanbul was my flight itinerary. I didn’t stop in Europe. Chicago to Istanbul was a 10 hr flight

and yea on your return flight, book anywhere between 2:30pm and 5pm and you’ll be straight

Breh, would dap you 100 times if I could :obama:. "justfly" saved me hours into finding the perfect flight. Even the days you mentioned you got the operation done. Flight wise, it is the best way to do it price wise. Other days, got lay overs but the days you mentioned I can literally get a direct flight back home. Going there I could go through DC, Chicago or New York. Thanks!!!

I am up next, going take the days off this week and head out there. Early September.:salute:

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Breh, would dap you 100 times if I could :obama:. "justfly" saved me hours into finding the perfect flight. Even the days you mentioned you got the operation done. Flight wise, it is the best way to do it price wise. Other days, got lay overs but the days you mentioned I can literally get a direct flight back home. Going there I could go through DC, Chicago or New York. Thanks!!!

I am up next, going take the days off this week and head out there. Early September.:salute:
:handshake:

don’t forget to bring a 2 prong outlet for the turkish hotel. you’ll be straight, only bad part is the anesthesia (it’s a bytch ) and that first night being paranoid sleeping on your back. good luck breh, asli tarcan will take care of you as soon as you touch down in Istanbul, just connect to the airport wifi when u land.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Think I am bowing out. My edges started receding at 23 BUT its been a very slow process. I got the M but my whole top isn't gone yet just my edges are too far gone so I usually just shave my head. I would hate to get this and the middle is now gone.

103240066-hair-loss-stages-and-types-of-male-hair-loss-male-pattern-baldness-head-of-hairy-and-bald-man-in-top.jpg

I have been at a stage. three for many damn years.

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Think I am bowing out. My edges started receding at 23 BUT its been a very slow process. I got the M but my whole top isn't gone yet just my edges are too far gone so I usually just shave my head. I would hate to get this and the middle is now gone.

103240066-hair-loss-stages-and-types-of-male-hair-loss-male-pattern-baldness-head-of-hairy-and-bald-man-in-top.jpg

I have been at a stage. three for many damn years.
I wasn’t completely bald either. I still had some hair on the top of my dome and the docs just shaved it down (like the rest of my hair)and implanted hair over that region as well.

I think they understand hair loss pattern and just took care of it for me.

——

I had the operation on the 10th and a few days ago the scabs from the recipient area fell off. At first I was worried as i saw some hair come out with the scabs but did some research and learned this was completely normal and a good sign.

since the scabs are gone I can see hair in places I haven’t seen in a while. My temples are back ... everything is back and I couldn’t be more excited. I make random trips to the bathroom mirror just to admire the work they did(shyt i’m bout to go now:wow:). A nikka was always handsome but i’m really feeling myself now :dame:

fukk the nikkas telling u to go bald like them. Unless you like the bald look, you got options! A hairline frames your face.

I believe in a couple weeks my hair will shed which is completely normal, but by the 4 month mark it’ll all start coming back and continue to come back til a year out.

^ watch bro’s journey, he went to the same clinic as me and that’s at 10 months... he still had 2 more months of his hair getting thicker

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Flight is booked :wow: craziest thing I have done :wow: but seeing results brothers have gotten on youtube got me wanting to be back :mjcry:.

Might be the best thing you've ever done in your life. fukk it.

You see this results!?!? :wow: I'm pretty sure Lebron would take a season off if he could revitalize his hair like that.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Not to derail the thread......

But I made a stop in Turkey in Jan and got Platelette rich plasma and acell matrix shot into my scalp for $1400. They told me I wouldn’t see any results until the 4 month mark but two months in and I got a grip of fuzz growin and decent amount of dark hairs. Once I grow what I can I’ll just get prp (platelet rich plasma) twice a year ($400 a pop)

In two months my hair is where it was 6 years ago. Can’t wait for the full results at the one year mark

update? :patrice: