FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The one thing I want to know too is how long is post surgery recovery. When can you start walking outside without looking like Pinhead :mjlol:

I was back to work in a few days, although full recovery where you can expose your head to the sun is likely about 2-3 months. You can start going to the gym after a month. The grafts are secure after a few days but they recommend taking things easy.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Do you have to keep doming PRP treatments or is that only while you there, and do you have to go back for a second procedure? I heard that some places you have to go back.

I went back for four prp treatments, the doctor tells you fue with prp treatment guarantees the best results and allows a better assimilation of the grafts. You don’t have to have it but most doctors recommend it (most likely to make extra money from you). PRP is not an ongoing thing unless you are millionaire who has it like that.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Also any custom issues (like dress and act a certain way) lol I was afraid to ask them to not come of prejudice.
Turkey is a very secular country breh, just wear what you usually do and be polite to people you wont have any issues. Obviously the same rules for traveling in any other country also apply, dont flash big cash, get into unfamiliar cars with people you dont know etc. Nothing to worry about

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Do you have to keep doming PRP treatments or is that only while you there, and do you have to go back for a second procedure? I heard that some places you have to go back.
The couple times i’ve heard of people going back was if the clinic could not cover the whole head. For example, some people have big ass heads and the clinic could cover everything expect the crown area where he was balding as well. So, he plans on coming back at a later date for that procedure. I’ve also heard of people doing 2 procedures if they didn’t want so much hair taken from the back of their hair in one sitting.

I don’t think you need to keep getting prp treatments. I think that’s only a personal preference thing.

From the cases I’ve seen, they are pretty good at covering from the crown of your head to your (new) hairline in one go (procedure). If you have a regular sized head, then you should be straight.

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
I was back to work in a few days, although full recovery where you can expose your head to the sun is likely about 2-3 months. You can start going to the gym after a month. The grafts are secure after a few days but they recommend taking things easy.
how was your return trip back thru the airport, breh? i’m pretty sure i’ll be weird looking, did you have a head covering or anything or just let it rock how it was?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The couple times i’ve heard of people going back was if the clinic could not cover the whole head. For example, some people have big ass heads and the clinic could cover everything expect the crown area where he was balding as well. So, he plans on coming back at a later date for that procedure. I’ve also heard of people doing 2 procedures if they didn’t want so much hair taken from the back of their hair in one sitting.

I don’t think you need to keep getting prp treatments. I think that’s only a personal preference thing.

From the cases I’ve seen, they are pretty good at covering from the crown of your head to your (new) hairline in one go (procedure). If you have a regular sized head, then you should be straight.
One more question breh:

How much cheaper is it compared to the states? Including the flight.

Last edited:

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
One more question breh:

How much cheaper is it compared to the states?
thousands.

I think Dr. Diep in California was looking for $18k and another clinic in Atlanta had similar prices. Those American clinics charge based on how many grafts you need. Asli Tarcan charges a fixed $1700 no matter your hair loss.

I don’t mind answering questions btw, I understand anybody would want to be as sure about doing this as possible. I won’t get the procedure done and ghost this Thread lol

EDIT: my flight was like 1100. but I booked like a week prior. i’m coming from the east coast and flew out of Philadelphia and then flew out of Chicago.

I looked at my hairline in the mirror and said
:francis:

Last edited:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yes, they are doing the whole top of my hair including my hairline for $1700. It’s a one time procedure and one time payment.

I researched like 2 american hair clinics, one in California and another I think in Atlanta, and they both were asking for like 15k-20k for the same FUE procedure that i’m having done in a couple hours.

I mean if you have the dough and would rather stay in America, then do it, but I’ve seen the same results from american clinics and turkish ones. Asli Tarcan also does a lot of our curly hair textures. The shuttle that picked me up from the airport had 3 other black men on it and no white guys. They were from the UK though.
Nah I’m good my mans and them looking for a procedure and yea most of them they see are 15-20k so if y’all getting off for a cheap ass 1700 that aint shyt to restore a hairline,but yes please keep us updated this might be the move for many if y’all who doing this post promising/positive results.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
thousands.

I think Dr. Diep in California was looking for $18k and another clinic in Atlanta had similar prices. Those American clinics charge based on how many grafts you need. Asli Tarcan charges a fixed $1700 no matter your hair loss.

I don’t mind answering questions btw, I understand anybody would want to be as sure about doing this as possible. I won’t get the procedure done and ghost this Thread lol

EDIT: my flight was like 1100. but I booked like a week prior. i’m coming from the east coast and flew out of Philadelphia and then flew out of Chicago.

I looked at my hairline in the mirror and said
:francis:
How much the flight?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
1100 round trip. i’m coming from the east coast and booked a week prior though.
Damn that’s not bad at all. It makes a lot of sense to go to Turkey because you gotta make sure you find a good doc that does Black hair and in the States you’d have to pay 10k+ and you have to still get a flight with a hotel usually.

Glad there’s a cheaper option.

YaThreadFloppedB!

Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Speaking of booking. They said I need to book my flight first before they confirm. I am not feeling that. Maybe something got lost in translation.
nah, that's what i had to do as well. You gotta think, these people get like hundreds of inquires a month, they gotta filter out who are actually interested. They will give you information all day but to go the step further, you gotta show you're actually tryna get out there. Once I purchased my plane ticket, I screenshotted him the ticket from my phone (like the departure and arrival into Istanbul) and everything was a go. They don't setup the appointment, you do. You decide when you want to get it done, i.e. say you want to do it in October, whatever day you arrive it's gonna go like this:

1st day: arrive, rest day
2nd day: operation
3rd day: rest
4th day: wash and they look over your head a last time, then you departure to return home

Another thing about my liaison; me and him are cool just from going back and forth on whatsapp, I don't know if we have the same one but my guy's name is Omer, we were talking hoops and shyt after my operation. He's a big Damien Lillard fan and was talking nba shyt like he was a coliseum breh. Dude would come in every so often during the operation to make sure I was good. Real chill guy