FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Update: Just got quoted $12gs for 1600 grafts from Dr. Pak at New Hair Medical in Newport Beach, CA. Not a bad price. I got quoted $1700 from Turkey, but I've never been there before. If you add in the $3gs for flight, (I wasn't going alone), and the hassle with the travel ban, etc., I don't mind paying over double for peace of mind.

I have another FaceTime consult with Dr. Dauer of Dauer Hair Restoration in Beverly Hills this afternoon. I'll update you guys on that after.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Are you flying first/businessclass? Otherwise your flights should be $1k tops

if you can afford the $8k differential then sure, as for a travel partner, you don’t have any time for leisure. Arrive, Op, rest, home. 3-4 days.

As I say, if you can easily afford it by all means do it at home otherwise seems like a waste of money to me. It’ll be $3k tops all in solo, it’s your dough tho :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Update: Just got quoted $12gs for 1600 grafts from Dr. Pak at New Hair Medical in Newport Beach, CA. Not a bad price. I got quoted $1700 from Turkey, but I've never been there before. If you add in the $3gs for flight, (I wasn't going alone), and the hassle with the travel ban, etc., I don't mind paying over double for peace of mind.

I have another FaceTime consult with Dr. Dauer of Dauer Hair Restoration in Beverly Hills this afternoon. I'll update you guys on that after.

Next Update: Spoke with Dr. Dauer and he said I don't need to get a transplant. lol. He said he wouldn't even do it with the kind of stuff he's seen. Makes sense, he's a doctor's who's seen the worse. He told me to reach out to him in a few years to see if anything has changed. Nice guy, seemed cool. Also told me if anyone offers to do a transplant for under like $7gs, run. He told me the price for procedure would run between $10-15gs. Same as Dr. Pak.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Next Update: Spoke with Dr. Dauer and he said I don't need to get a transplant. lol. He said he wouldn't even do it with the kind of stuff he's seen. Makes sense, he's a doctor's who's seen the worse. He told me to reach out to him in a few years to see if anything has changed. Nice guy, seemed cool. Also told me if anyone offers to do a transplant for under like $7gs, run. He told me the price for procedure would run between $10-15gs. Same as Dr. Pak.

Maybe in the US.

But it's sooooo many good doctors doing the same procedures folks are getting in the US for a fraction of the price.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
They do veneers there as well! (as well as other cosmetics treatments eg: Lipo, Botox, penis enlargement! (no cap:russ:) for the low.

You might be able to knock it all out in one trip

My girl got her veneers in Turkey. They look nice.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Not to derail the thread......

But I made a stop in Turkey in Jan and got Platelette rich plasma and acell matrix shot into my scalp for $1400. They told me I wouldn’t see any results until the 4 month mark but two months in and I got a grip of fuzz growin and decent amount of dark hairs. Once I grow what I can I’ll just get prp (platelet rich plasma) twice a year ($400 a pop)

In two months my hair is where it was 6 years ago. Can’t wait for the full results at the one year mark
4 months later. About to get a second shot to boost things. My hair line is visible now and there’s a lot more black hair on my head, some even thick enough to curl. Got my cousin to try just the platelet rich plasma without the acell added to it. The spot on the back of his head filled in like 60% he got one treatment 3.5 months ago

I haven’t had this much hair in almost a decade

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
How low was your hair cut when you got the procedure done?
Just wondering would i need to grow it out a few weeks prior or would a cut a week before be okay.
Hair was uncut pre treament. Doesn't really matter if you go there cut/uncut as they cut it on-site on the day. You have to grow it out (and send them pics) prior so that they can let you know if you're hair quality is sufficient for the treatment.

Short Answer: Doesn't matter, they'll trim you regardless

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Hair was uncut pre treament. Doesn't really matter if you go there cut/uncut as they cut it on-site on the day. You have to grow it out (and send them pics) prior so that they can let you know if you're hair quality is sufficient for the treatment.

Short Answer: Doesn't matter, they'll trim you regardless

Okay cool
I took photos during covid and had my barber draw the lines on my head as to where my hairline should be.

was just wondering if I had to grow it back out before going there. Cool though.

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finished all my consultations.

I went to Ziering on the 22nd, and it was cool. I had my consultation with a representative, not a doctor, (wasn't a fan of that). She was helpful though, and eventually one of the doctor, not Ziering, came in and drew on my proposed hairline and told what they'd be doing. They quoted me $19,400 for 1200-1400 grafts, and some injections. Kind of felt like they were trying to up sell me. That would be if Dr. Ziering himself does the procedure. I could drop to about 12-14gs if I use one of their other doctors.

I also had a consultation with Dr. Mohebi today. Of all the doctors I've met with, he was the most attentive. I actually spoke with him the entire consult, he mapped out a plan to make sure I don't keloid, (as I've had one in the past from getting my ear pierced), and I didn't feel like I was being sold anything. I felt like I was actually at a medical consult.

To touch more on the keloid issue: I got a keloid on my ear as a teen when I got my ear pierced. Eventually I was able to get it cut off by a plastic surgeon and it's never come back. I mentioned that in my consult with Dr. Mohebi, and he decided he would perform a few grafts on my head next week, FREE OF CHARGE, and we'd wait 2 months to see how they heal. If they heal without any issues, we'll go ahead and do the FUE. Feels like he's really looking out for me. He quoted me $9400 for 1200 grafts. I think I'm going with him.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just did my consultation with Asli Tarcan in turkey, looks like I am heading there for sure. It will cost $1700. A lot of bread in YouTube went there and got good results.
It'll go great trust, take a couple button ups shirts for post surgery, good luck.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
My hairline fund is sitting at 4k right now. But with all this shyt going on I will have to use the money for more urgent matters. Finasteride is still holding me down so long though :wow: