FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I had the surgery done a month ago at the clinic @ApolloStark posted . All in all went great, I won’t be posting any pics (privacy) but happy to answer any questions.

Brief summary of my experience

1) Price was €1,500 fixed regardless of how many grafts you have done (if you pay cash, 10% more for card payments). This also includes airport transfers both ways and hotel. Hotel was decent (3.5 stars ish) and very close to the clinic. Driver was waiting as soon I landed, can’t fault the service

2) Speaking of service, 10/10. As mentioned you have a driver pick you up not only from the airport but also everyday from your hotel. Everyone is also paired with a consultant who you’ll liaise with before you get there, while you’re there and after. They have a dozens of these consultants all multilingual so whether you speak French, Spanish , Arabic, German etc You’ll always be well looked after

3) surgery took 9 hours, this includes many toilet breaks (you’re hooked up to a IV throughout which makes you piss a lot) and lunch(provided by the clinic). I had 5000 grafts which is a lot. Length of operation could be a lot less for others, expect between 4-10hours depending on severity of treatment

4) Clinic was 1st class, large, modern professional. I felt at ease immediately, this definitely wasn’t a 2 bit operation

5) schedule was as follows
Day 1 Arrive & go to hotel
Day 2 Treatment
Day 3 Rest day
Day 4 Cleaning, minor after care , fly home

6) the quarantine is the perfect time to get this done. Clinic was operating at 20% capacity so you get all the care and all three attention from the doctors. Also, you won’t want to be out with a cut or head and potentially swollen head (the anaesthetic drips down your face post treatment, you might look a bit funky from days 2-5)

7). As for overall effectiveness, it takes 4-6 months to see full results (80% effectiveness) and a year for (100% effectiveness). That said, despite it being only a month, I already have hairs growing from my treatment area, they’ll get thicker month by month but it’s highkey exciting to see growth already

8) Flights were a bytch to organise due the extreme lack of frequency , £350 return. Turkey’s a cheapish country, averaged £5 a day on food while out there.

Overall I’m really glad I did it, gassed for Oct/Nov as it should be fully formed then. Happy to take questions but I won’t be posting pics so please don’t ask

So when you are done surgery can you wear a hat etc ?

Or o you have to walk around with your head exposed

how long to like heal where you can walk outside without anyone knowing?

I need to get this done

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I had the surgery done a month ago at the clinic @ApolloStark posted . All in all went great, I won’t be posting any pics (privacy) but happy to answer any questions.

Brief summary of my experience

1) Price was €1,500 fixed regardless of how many grafts you have done (if you pay cash, 10% more for card payments). This also includes airport transfers both ways and hotel. Hotel was decent (3.5 stars ish) and very close to the clinic. Driver was waiting as soon I landed, can’t fault the service

2) Speaking of service, 10/10. As mentioned you have a driver pick you up not only from the airport but also everyday from your hotel. Everyone is also paired with a consultant who you’ll liaise with before you get there, while you’re there and after. They have a dozens of these consultants all multilingual so whether you speak French, Spanish , Arabic, German etc You’ll always be well looked after

3) surgery took 9 hours, this includes many toilet breaks (you’re hooked up to a IV throughout which makes you piss a lot) and lunch(provided by the clinic). I had 5000 grafts which is a lot. Length of operation could be a lot less for others, expect between 4-10hours depending on severity of treatment

4) Clinic was 1st class, large, modern professional. I felt at ease immediately, this definitely wasn’t a 2 bit operation

5) schedule was as follows
Day 1 Arrive & go to hotel
Day 2 Treatment
Day 3 Rest day
Day 4 Cleaning, minor after care , fly home

6) the quarantine is the perfect time to get this done. Clinic was operating at 20% capacity so you get all the care and all three attention from the doctors. Also, you won’t want to be out with a cut or head and potentially swollen head (the anaesthetic drips down your face post treatment, you might look a bit funky from days 2-5)

7). As for overall effectiveness, it takes 4-6 months to see full results (80% effectiveness) and a year for (100% effectiveness). That said, despite it being only a month, I already have hairs growing from my treatment area, they’ll get thicker month by month but it’s highkey exciting to see growth already

8) Flights were a bytch to organise due the extreme lack of frequency , £350 return. Turkey’s a cheapish country, averaged £5 a day on food while out there.

Overall I’m really glad I did it, gassed for Oct/Nov as it should be fully formed then. Happy to take questions but I won’t be posting pics so please don’t ask

1. Might be obvious from your S/n. But are you black?

2. if you are, do you have waves?

3, if you have waves, is your pattern coming back like (same as) before?

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So when you are done surgery can you wear a hat etc ?

Or o you have to walk around with your head exposed

how long to like heal where you can walk outside without anyone knowing?

I need to get this done
Not recommended for the first 2-3 weeks, after that nothing too tight to the scalp(think sombrero or loose durag or snapback)

3-4 months , your donor area is both healing from being sliced and diced as well as the hairs trying to regrow there.
Your recipient area will change periodically ( bald, light high, some hair , full hair), then there’s a 3rd part of your head which is ‘normal’.
In short, your head will look like patch work early on, especially the first few months. As things start to heal & grow it’ll all start looking ‘normal’. Short term sacrifice.

You’re not allowed to use clippers on your head 6 months from operation and can only trim it with scissors which is difficult with short black hair.

I wear a snapback when I need to go out otherwise I keep myself at home. Around friends and family I don’t care and rock it as is.

I’m lucky I can work from home, not recommended if you have a corporate job that is client facing unless you can get at least a month off.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
1. Might be obvious from your S/n. But are you black?

2. if you are, do you have waves?

3, if you have waves, is your pattern coming back like (same as) before?
1)Yes , 100%

2/3 ) Ha! I was a fully fledged member of baldgang, my shyt was pushed back worse than George Jefferson, I cant relate to having had waves .

4) You should send them a message on WhatsApp( number’s in their IG page), they’re very responsive and have good experience with all types of black hair (they’ll send you pics)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Not recommended for the first 2-3 weeks, after that nothing too tight to the scalp(think sombrero or loose durag or snapback)

3-4 months , your donor area is both healing from being sliced and diced as well as the hairs trying to regrow there.
Your recipient area will change periodically ( bald, light high, some hair , full hair), then there’s a 3rd part of your head which is ‘normal’.
In short, your head will look like patch work early on, especially the first few months. As things start to heal & grow it’ll all start looking ‘normal’. Short term sacrifice.

You’re not allowed to use clippers on your head 6 months from operation and can only trim it with scissors which is difficult with short black hair.

I wear a snapback when I need to go out otherwise I keep myself at home. Around friends and family I don’t care and rock it as is.

I’m lucky I can work from home, not recommended if you have a corporate job that is client facing unless you can get at least a month off.

Thanks for the answers breh
:wow:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
1)Yes , 100%

2/3 ) Ha! I was a fully fledged member of baldgang, my shyt was pushed back worse than George Jefferson, I cant relate to having had waves .

4) You should send them a message on WhatsApp( number’s in their IG page), they’re very responsive and have good experience with all types of black hair (they’ll send you pics)
Ok. Thanks.

Also, I'm assuming you got FUE done? If so, did the doctor/nurse do it or did they have the robotic arm do it?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
yeah but you can workout to get your body to a certain point, you can even develop your ass through working out and it would look better than surgery, if this were an option for hairloss, I'm sure many men would actualy rather work for it. but that's impossible.

they are just trying to retain something they already had. it's just hair, not a bone, or a muscle. how about let your hair go unstyled for the rest of your life and don't manipulate it at all to make your structure look better, if we're going to be pedantic.
Why are people still repeating that lie? There is no workout that will take you from Naomi Campbell to Miracle Watts. It has to do with how your body distributes fat. Plus working out is only as good as long as you work out. If you stop the result go away. Surgery is permanent; PS and hair transplant.

The second paragraph makes no sense. BBLs literally takes fat from part of the body and moving it to another. A hair transplant moves skin with hair follicles from one part of the body to another. I don't think you're really familiar with either topic.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ok. Thanks.

Also, I'm assuming you got FUE done? If so, did the doctor/nurse do it or did they have the robotic arm do it?
Yes, I had the FUE treatment.

Doctors&Nurses, 2-4 people working on you at all times.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps

Dam I'm client facing.

To bad i can't leave my host country right now or i'd do this summer. May just blow 3 weeks of vacation an chill in Turkey later this year.

Or request to "work from home" for a week after "surgery". idk but good looks on that recovery not looking good for work lol

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
@Black Bolt

thanks for that lengthy, detailed info. rep.

1. how about your return trip to your country? did u have something covering your head as you went thru the airport to avoid the stares and shyt? I was thinking of bringing a beanie or something of that nature.

2. was there any difficulty going into turkey with the covid shyt going on?

again thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@Black Bolt

thanks for that lengthy, detailed info. rep.

1. how about your return trip to your country? did u have something covering your head as you went thru the airport to avoid the stares and shyt? I was thinking of bringing a beanie or something of that nature.

2. was there any difficulty going into turkey with the covid shyt going on?

again thanks for the info :thumbsup:
1) bandage patch at the back of my head (the donor area specifically), airports were dead (corona) so stares weren’t an issue but even if they were operating normally I wouldn’t have cared, you’re gonna look off one way or another so might as well get over it and look to the future (high top fades soon come:banderas:)

2) Initially yes, when I initially went to book my flights there were zero international flights happening. Had to wait two weeks and then flew out the first day possible, getting home was a bit long due to the lack of flights. This was a month ago so there might be better frequency now.

Visa might be a minor issue, none needed from the UK but not sure how it is Stateside. The Turkish govt have a very easy website (Electronic Visa Application System) you can use to find out. Takes a minute and if you do need one you can apply on that very same site, takes a couple of minutes max

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
1) bandage patch at the back of my head (the donor area specifically), airports were dead (corona) so stares weren’t an issue but even if they were operating normally I wouldn’t have cared, you’re gonna look off one way or another so might as well get over it and look to the future (high top fades soon come:banderas:)

2) Initially yes, when I initially went to book my flights there were zero international flights happening. Had to wait two weeks and then flew out the first day possible, getting home was a bit long due to the lack of flights. This was a month ago so there might be better frequency now.

Visa might be a minor issue, none needed from the UK but not sure how it is Stateside. The Turkish govt have a very easy website (Electronic Visa Application System) you can use to find out. Takes a minute and if you do need one you can apply on that very same site, takes a couple of minutes max

breh gonna have more hair than a lion soon
:salute: